PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP end of support, is it safe to diagnose Chinese OBD scanner tools?

laylairizarry1987
12th April, 2014, 04:58 AM
April 8, 2014, Windows XP end of support, is it safe if I go on use XP to run Chinese OBD scanner tools? Your option?

autocargo
12th April, 2014, 08:57 AM
If you are using this computer only for diagnose and no internet surfing or other activities like online banking, etc it's perfectly OK. Even if no other choice and still using computer on internet you need to have good antivirus updated daily also good firewall.

cactikid
12th April, 2014, 08:59 AM
do you have virus and malware protection on laptop as anything not protected is liable for attack,normally when connected to lan or wifi it happens. if its cable diagnostics should be ok or loading new program from web scan it first.

laylairizarry1987
14th April, 2014, 01:58 AM
Thank you for your answer, yesterday one engineer also told me it is safe if I didn't connect network.

laylairizarry1987
15th April, 2014, 04:10 AM
What about running in the Windows XP Mode in Windows 7?

autocargo
15th April, 2014, 08:43 AM
What about running in the Windows XP Mode in Windows 7?

Some software will work but not all of it... Maybe you could dual boot xp and win 7, there is plenty of tutorials on internet how to do that.

super jumbe
15th April, 2014, 09:13 AM
April 8, 2014, Windows XP end of support, is it safe if I go on use XP to run Chinese OBD scanner tools? Your option?

We were told not to connect lappy with internet when using Chinese software because tools just goes dead does this answer your (Q) :eek:

Tsvetko
20th April, 2014, 07:02 AM
Hello i have dell e4310 whith SSD 120 gb,i have on the ssd xp and win 7. in XP have many tools for diagnose and i use it only for diagnostic.win 7 is whith 2 antivirus and still now everithing work perfect! i think this is the best option,i download only whith win 7 i make scann whith antivirus and i send the files in the xp partiticion.