PDA

View Full Version : SkyBox F5S and Sky+HD boxes

bm100
13th April, 2014, 05:31 PM
So, my current Sky+HD box has two cales going in to it. Is it possible to get a SkyBox F5, and put one of these current inputs into the SkyBox F5 and one input into the Sky+HD box? Will both work? Would I be able to record anything using the Sky+HD box, and if so, would that mean I would have to watch AND record from the Sky+HD at the same time?

cactikid
13th April, 2014, 05:40 PM
2 cables needed in providers box to allow to record .
1 cable needed for skybox to work
getting a skybox and adding it with a working providers box can give you the no signal issue,skyboxes are cheap dangerous builds,save up more money and get a working box with no issues.

bm100
13th April, 2014, 06:30 PM
2 cables needed in providers box to allow to record .
1 cable needed for skybox to work
getting a skybox and adding it with a working providers box can give you the no signal issue,skyboxes are cheap dangerous builds,save up more money and get a working box with no issues.

What would be a "good box" if I was to spend more?

cactikid
13th April, 2014, 06:41 PM
single tuner linux box-octagon sf8 or vu solo2 twin tuner or older model vu duo 2 tuners both linux or blade 7000 single tuner.

bbb_uk
13th April, 2014, 07:45 PM
Personally, I'd go with a separate feed from LNB and you will be okay with any box.

There are no guarantees that the more expensive boxes wont have issue when using it with original $ky+ box.