PDA

View Full Version : skip hire glasgow

Lainie
13th June, 2009, 02:04 PM
just wondered if anyone can recommend a skip hire company in glasgow pref west end area. would prefer a roll on one for 5 days. one company said we would have to pay glasgow city council a maintenance fee as it would be on the road is this correct? if it was full after a couple of days would they collect and empty it and bring it back for the remaining 3 days etc??

zaphodbb
13th June, 2009, 02:06 PM
just wondered if anyone can recommend a skip hire company in glasgow pref west end area. would prefer a roll on one for 5 days. one company said we would have to pay glasgow city council a maintenance fee as it would be on the road is this correct? if it was full after a couple of days would they collect and empty it and bring it back for the remaining 3 days etc??

ask jok laine his car has just passed its mot

bugaloo41
13th June, 2009, 04:28 PM
Lainie looks like you need a permit if its on a public road. Cant recommend one but this site has lots of info -

Skip Hire In Glasgow | Value Skip Hire Scotland (http://www.valueskiphire.co.uk/regional/skip-hire-glasgow.asp)

thered
13th June, 2009, 06:25 PM

i work for a waste company and this is correct you need a permit to put a skip on any part of the highway so unless you can get it on your land you will have to pay for the permit.this is normally paid to the collection company.

most companies charge by the tip so it would be for example ?200 for however long you needed it (within reason) now if you wanted to fill it up again they will probaly charge you just the same unless you can get a bit of discount off them for the hireing twice

forntida
13th June, 2009, 08:46 PM
You will need two people to fill it Lainie. One to watch the skip while the other gets the stuff. Otherwise by the time you come back out with your second lot the street will have filled the skip to the brim plus the obligitory mattress on the top.:D

Lainie
13th June, 2009, 11:34 PM
lol there will be 4 filling it. its at my b/f place not mine. and yes he does have a mattress to go on top as well as a load of other crap lol.

thered
14th June, 2009, 09:52 AM
lol there will be 4 filling it. its at my b/f place not mine. and yes he does have a mattress to go on top as well as a load of other crap lol.

i like your pink writing it brings out my feminimity:D

gazz10
14th June, 2009, 02:39 PM

Have you thought about hiring a van for weekend, load the van up and then just take it all down to the Dump. Am sure thats probably your cheapiest option, and then you dont have to worry about maitenance fees for having it on the road.

krazylegz
14th June, 2009, 02:52 PM
Have you thought about hiring a van for weekend, load the van up and then just take it all down to the Dump. Am sure thats probably your cheapiest option, and then you dont have to worry about maitenance fees for having it on the road.

not always the case, dependant on councils.

in our town you can only go to the dumps in a car or a car with trailor, vans here require a permit or they'll get charged, as i say though dont know if this applies to glasglow

gazz10
14th June, 2009, 03:23 PM
not always the case, dependant on councils.

in our town you can only go to the dumps in a car or a car with trailor, vans here require a permit or they'll get charged, as i say though dont know if this applies to glasglow

yes this is case, am outside glasgow, and i had to book the van in, just phoned up and tell them what hire company it was, and when i was coming down, and then when i got there asked one of the guys there if it would be ok to come back down, and yeah said not a problem.

Some councils will be different