PDA

View Full Version : take it i need usb device to connect null modem

tommy2426
13th June, 2009, 10:20 PM
Hi folks, decided to try and flash my first box, cause its my mates and i've messed it up some what playing about with factory setting and what not, lost all channels and tried everything that folks have told me in other posts, so i've dowloaded the files from here ie firmware and loader, connected the box with my NEW null modem cable then connected it to the pc using the only connection i can see that the cable will fit, turned on the box then the pc but i cant find the box anywhere, how would i know if the pc recognises the box, i tried going into device manager and looked in com ports but its not there, dont know where else to look, so im taking it i dont have a pc connection for the null modem cable and will have to buy a usb connection, sorry for the novel, but i need help

18fisher88
13th June, 2009, 10:58 PM
wat kind of box is it m8

chic.
13th June, 2009, 10:58 PM
there is a tut in downloads (max v guide) have a read and it will help you flash your box. but if you have the latest firmware on it do a power scan using the correct symbol rate for your area 6887 or 6952.

tommy2426
13th June, 2009, 11:13 PM
sorry its a digivox silver, but having read the digivox tut it says connect to pc using cable but as i say i only have 1 connection where the null modem can go and dont know if its the right 1, cant flash if my pc cant recognise the box
found out it should be a rs232 cable and not a null modem

daithi
14th June, 2009, 10:17 PM
and heres the connection ya need to connect your rs232 cable to your computer through the usb

Logilink USB 2.0 A Male to RS232 Male Adapter*::*Cables*::*Skywonder Ltd (http://www.skywonder.co.uk/product.php?productid=1197&cat=0&page=1)

also your computer wont recognise a digivox t, it wont say new device found, you just open the downloader 10 and find the file and download it

tommy2426
14th June, 2009, 11:22 PM
and heres the connection ya need to connect your rs232 cable to your computer through the usb

Logilink USB 2.0 A Male to RS232 Male Adapter*::*Cables*::*Skywonder Ltd (http://www.skywonder.co.uk/product.php?productid=1197&cat=0&page=1)

also your computer wont recognise a digivox t, it wont say new device found, you just open the downloader 10 and find the file and download it

i have dowloader 10 on my pc and have the digivox BIN image, now as i see it when i open up downloader 10 i just make sure i have the correct com/serial port( when i get my conection that is) then add the bin image and thats it flashed

daithi
15th June, 2009, 10:59 PM
theres also another file ya can use to put your channels in order ie (sports ,movies, and adult lol ) but it depends where ya live ya need different software for different areas give me a rough area of where ya live an il try send ya the software for your area

tommy2426
15th June, 2009, 11:19 PM
thanks m8 that would be great, im in "north lanarkshire" scotland wishaw to be precise, is there a tut with it, cheers

daithi
16th June, 2009, 07:41 PM
sorry mate i only no the ones for ireland but im sure ya can probably get one for your area

red devil
16th June, 2009, 09:28 PM
thanks m8 that would be great, im in "north lanarkshire" scotland wishaw to be precise, is there a tut with it, cheers

here is the digivox tut m8 :D