PDA

View Full Version : newbie

scoobydont
21st April, 2014, 01:38 PM
hi all can someone put me on the right path ive got a 1mtr dish and a dm500s with pli image,im going to get a motor and also need a lnb.what sort of channels will i pick up i live in west sussex and is the dm500s any good i know its an old box but it works i havent connected anything up yet.also will i be able to ground mount it,thank you in advance for any advice.

digicon
21st April, 2014, 03:35 PM
You can Ground mount a Dish no problem and the DM500s will also work problem is its limited to DVB-S and so can decode any HD channels or any channels that have been switched over to MPEG4.

Apart from that no problem.

scoobydont
21st April, 2014, 03:40 PM
You can Ground mount a Dish no problem and the DM500s will also work problem is its limited to DVB-S and so can decode any HD channels or any channels that have been switched over to MPEG4.

Apart from that no problem.

thanks for reply what motor and lnb would you suggest.also if its ok to ask a question within a question ive got rid of sky but still have the box will the dm work with that dish cheers

digicon
21st April, 2014, 03:43 PM
thanks for reply what motor and lnb would you suggest.also if its ok to ask a question within a question ive got rid of sky but still have the box will the dm work with that dish cheers

If you want to use the 500s with the $ly dish yes it will work no problem, if you are going to use it on there then download and install the Commado 15 image its is by far the best image for the 500 to use just on that one satellite.

As for the got rid of $ly question if your thinking of heading the the route of obtaining PYTV services illegally it may be prudent to read our forum rules with regards to Card Sharing, we cannot answer any question relating to this subject.

Just wanted you to know before you ask

scoobydont
21st April, 2014, 03:47 PM
If you want to use the 500s with the $ly dish yes it will work no problem, if you are going to use it on there then download and install the Commado 15 image its is by far the best image for the 500 to use just on that one satellite.

As for the got rid of $ly question if your thinking of heading the the route of obtaining PYTV services illegally it may be prudent to read our forum rules with regards to Card Sharing, we cannot answer any question relating to this subject.

Just wanted you to know before you ask

thats ok thank you and the motor and lnb

digicon
21st April, 2014, 03:48 PM
if your going for a motor then either a Dark Motor or a TM2600 coupled with a Black Ultra Single LNB

scoobydont
21st April, 2014, 05:36 PM
Icecrypt TWIN LNB Black is this any good my mate has a spare

digicon
21st April, 2014, 06:12 PM
Will do the trick

scoobydont
21st April, 2014, 09:50 PM
Is the jade pli image ok or should I download anothet