PDA

View Full Version : back-up wii games

lee1212
15th June, 2009, 11:42 AM
hi all

is there anywhere i can get backup games for my wii apart from torrent sites and they must be free no subscription charge or anything.

DiddyDave
17th June, 2009, 07:57 PM
hi all

is there anywhere i can get backup games for my wii apart from torrent sites and they must be free no subscription charge or anything.

Some ISP's do give you access to their own news groups this is a good source for wii games now as torrents are bit dodgy now..!!! VM has a good reliable set of news groups and they are free if you are with VM

pjtaff
17th June, 2009, 08:27 PM
Some ISP's do give you access to their own news groups this is a good source for wii games now as torrents are bit dodgy now..!!! VM has a good reliable set of news groups and they are free if you are with VM
how do you gain access to these news group and how do you find how to download wii games of them i am with vm any help would be great

DiddyDave
18th June, 2009, 07:26 AM
how do you gain access to these news group and how do you find how to download wii games of them i am with vm any help would be great

Download some news group software like Grabit it is free then when you install it part of the setup is what news group you are going to use if you are with VM

news.virginmedia.com

Then it will ask you to refresh the group list say yes when done you need to look for the groups of intrest like

wii
mp3
nintendo.ds
xvid
divx

and so on when you have these just subscribe to them 1 at a time and then update them it is all free.

OR

just goto a website that has the NZB file read this is a file that contains the info to down load the item with your grabit software

NZBsRus.com - Usenet Newsgroup NZB File Search Service (http://www.nzbsrus.com/)
again you will need to sign up this is free to do BUT as a standard user you will only be allowed to download 5 NZB files a day or look on google for NZB sites.

Sorry for the long boring info but I hope it helps

Enjoy

psykoduck
19th June, 2009, 02:05 AM
Just wondering why you're avoiding torrent sites...
some of them are private, free, and have a good selection...

DiddyDave
19th June, 2009, 01:51 PM
Just wondering why you're avoiding torrent sites...
some of them are private, free, and have a good selection...

It is up to you BUT after the PBay case and it been one of the most popular trackers I just feel that it is just too risky now to download via torrent. They are watching and there is not a lot you can do about it apart from not downloading via torrent

pjtaff
22nd June, 2009, 06:40 PM
Download some news group software like Grabit it is free then when you install it part of the setup is what news group you are going to use if you are with VM

news.virginmedia.com

Then it will ask you to refresh the group list say yes when done you need to look for the groups of intrest like

wii
mp3
nintendo.ds
xvid
divx

and so on when you have these just subscribe to them 1 at a time and then update them it is all free.

OR

just goto a website that has the NZB file read this is a file that contains the info to down load the item with your grabit software

NZBsRus.com - Usenet Newsgroup NZB File Search Service (http://www.nzbsrus.com/)
again you will need to sign up this is free to do BUT as a standard user you will only be allowed to download 5 NZB files a day or look on google for NZB sites.

Sorry for the long boring info but I hope it helps

Enjoy
thanks for the link mate right i downloaded grabit got the news group up with wii games on them might sound a bit stupid but how do i download them and also do i have to download all the parts to that game been trying everything to download them but nothing seems to happen got to be doing something wrong but cant figure out what

DiddyDave
23rd June, 2009, 02:59 PM
thanks for the link mate right i downloaded grabit got the news group up with wii games on them might sound a bit stupid but how do i download them and also do i have to download all the parts to that game been trying everything to download them but nothing seems to happen got to be doing something wrong but cant figure out what

If you goto the web link I posted these files you download from there contains all the info you need to download the image.

I have found this place which is a great site free to join and the images are all scrubbed. I think it is a Spanish site but this does not get in the way

:: WiiSOS :: Tu portal de descargas e informaci?n Wii (http://www.wiisos.com/)

Download them via rapidshare, Megaupload plus many others.

This site is well worth a look

Enjoy

PS

Keep it a secret dont tell any ooshhhhh....!!