PDA

View Full Version : Ford VCM Update\Connection Problem

enaksanamun
15th June, 2009, 12:16 PM
Hello guys,

I'm a new member of this forum and first I'd like to thank to you guys for sharing your invaluable experiences with others.

Recently, I tried to upgrade the IDS of a customer of us from v57 to v59. Installation completed successfully and when I run the IDS it runs as expected. However, if I plug in the OBD cable to the vehicle, IDS does not run as expected. I see only a blue screen (not a blue screen of Windows) which is the tab section of Diagnostic Tool and I don't see other tabs either. When I plug out the cable, IDS runs again.

I tried this using another laptop too and the result was the same. When I used the other laptop, I could connect to a Ford car using another VCM, no problem. So I concluded that it's not about the software installation.

Later, I uninstalled v59 and installed v57 and it worked fine.

Another thing to say is that IDS does not update the VCM. I don't really know how and when IDS updates the VCM software but once I witnessed that I installed a fresh IDS v59 and connected the laptop to the vehicle via VCM and run IDS software and it updated the VCM software.

I really wonder exactly how and when IDS updates the software of VCM.

When I installed IDS v59, it did not update the software of the problematic VCM. Do you think this could be the problem?

Thanks very much for any idea,

MAXIMUS1000
15th June, 2009, 09:50 PM
Hello guys,

I'm a new member of this forum and first I'd like to thank to you guys for sharing your invaluable experiences with others.

Recently, I tried to upgrade the IDS of a customer of us from v57 to v59. Installation completed successfully and when I run the IDS it runs as expected. However, if I plug in the OBD cable to the vehicle, IDS does not run as expected. I see only a blue screen (not a blue screen of Windows) which is the tab section of Diagnostic Tool and I don't see other tabs either. When I plug out the cable, IDS runs again.

I tried this using another laptop too and the result was the same. When I used the other laptop, I could connect to a Ford car using another VCM, no problem. So I concluded that it's not about the software installation.

Later, I uninstalled v59 and installed v57 and it worked fine.

Another thing to say is that IDS does not update the VCM. I don't really know how and when IDS updates the VCM software but once I witnessed that I installed a fresh IDS v59 and connected the laptop to the vehicle via VCM and run IDS software and it updated the VCM software.

I really wonder exactly how and when IDS updates the software of VCM.

When I installed IDS v59, it did not update the software of the problematic VCM. Do you think this could be the problem?

Thanks very much for any idea,

Hi m8

1)Maybe is the versions of soft you are using or the VCM IDS head is from china,same times they give problems....

2)When you install any version of soft ,you need to run the CALIBRATIONS also....to work 100%..

3)I have VCM IDS 55-57-58-59 (all with the full CALIBRATIONS)and they work OK with Ford Etis(repair manual)+Ecat....

4)Beware of SP3???after version 55 ,you need to install service pack 3 to work ....

Thanks

CBR_bl
16th June, 2009, 09:42 PM
Hi
Maximus , is your device from ch*na? And i am curious- are they reliably.
More often i need diag for Ford, Launch like to lie ;)

enaksanamun
17th June, 2009, 01:48 PM
Hi m8

1)Maybe is the versions of soft you are using or the VCM IDS head is from china,same times they give problems....

2)When you install any version of soft ,you need to run the CALIBRATIONS also....to work 100%..

3)I have VCM IDS 55-57-58-59 (all with the full CALIBRATIONS)and they work OK with Ford Etis(repair manual)+Ecat....

4)Beware of SP3???after version 55 ,you need to install service pack 3 to work ....

Thanks

The forth item is especially important. Because I remember that SP3 was not installed on that system. So that must be the problem. I'll keep it in my mind next time.

Thanks for your valuable contribution.

P.S.
Yes, this tools is from China and it works OK when installed properly.

CBR_bl
17th June, 2009, 09:41 PM
Can you recommend me reliably china supplier. I found a tons of them but i can not make my mind.
Thanks

MAXIMUS1000
18th June, 2009, 01:30 PM
Can you recommend me reliably china supplier. I found a tons of them but i can not make my mind.
Thanks

Hi m8

I always buy all my products from here...they are very good with warranty and support....

WEBPAGE
index (http://www.obd2cartools.com/)

Support
index-4 (http://www.obd2cartools.com/supportinfo.html)

From china,If you have any problems they just give you more problems....happen to me in the pass...

Contact MARK at www.obd2cartools.com (http://www.obd2cartools.com)
Msn:obd2sales@hotmail.com

Cheers

enaksanamun
19th June, 2009, 02:17 PM
Thanks

I buy from aototech.com and my contact is Jessica.

I bought 3 tools from this company and it was satisfying making business with them.

enaksanamun
19th June, 2009, 02:20 PM
According to updating a VCM device, I still do not have a certain idea about the process.

I mean, I don't see a place in the IDS software where you press a button to update the device. For instance, you know there's another executable of ESItronic which is used to update KTS. I don't see such an executable or place in IDS to update VCM.

I'll appreciate if someone shed light on this darkness.

Thanks in advance.

briandsl
28th July, 2009, 05:41 PM
ids updates vcm automatically as long as vcm is powered up ie doesn't need connection to car .hth

regards

telde
29th July, 2009, 08:05 PM
:heeeelllllooooo:Hello to all @, my name is Telde I bought a VCM in china, and not achievement that works, so I installed and not connected with the vcm, I have the service pack 3, and version is the V59
I believe that the VCM this broken,
1, so I connect to the vehicle and not ignited the 5 LED
2, I should like to read units and said that the VCM was not found
When connect you USB, is normal to me appear as a network device?
thanks before hand, sorry my English

enaksanamun
31st July, 2009, 08:04 PM
:heeeelllllooooo:Hello to all @, my name is Telde I bought a VCM in china, and not achievement that works, so I installed and not connected with the vcm, I have the service pack 3, and version is the V59
I believe that the VCM this broken,
1, so I connect to the vehicle and not ignited the 5 LED
2, I should like to read units and said that the VCM was not found
When connect you USB, is normal to me appear as a network device?
thanks before hand, sorry my English

1- When it's powered up, all lights should blink and then some goes off untill it connects to your computer....
2- VCM connects to your computer from Ethernet (rj-45) so yes it's normal that it's a network thing...

telde
1st August, 2009, 03:21 PM
thanks for your reply,
when you connect to the car does not turn on the LEDs,
have never turned on, and again, be broken?

telde
1st August, 2009, 03:24 PM
must program the module VCM?
VCM loading apparatus?

genius_128
10th August, 2009, 10:52 AM
Hi all!!

This is my second post in this forum and I can say that this is the first forum where I've found all about software cars.

Congratulations for the forum !!!

I've been seeing in different China suppliers the Ford VCM.

I've asked on autotech and with ship to Spain are 665$ & 692$ if I pay with paypal.

Someone know www.jiutech.net (http://www.jiutech.net) ?

I've fear, because in China there are a lot scam business ?

Someone could say other business reliables.

Thanks

jackyy
10th August, 2009, 11:39 AM
I have bought FORD VCM DIS KIT, TACHO mileage correction kit, renault clip from jiutech.net Ford VCM DIS Kit-jiutech.net (http://www.jiutech.net/product_JIU016.html) now works very well.

JIUTECH is a good and reliable supplier for auto diagnostic scanner

CBR_bl
10th August, 2009, 04:44 PM
Hehehehe, jackyy - sorry but, are you from...

genius_128
10th August, 2009, 10:38 PM
Sorry Jacky but it's strange, the other post is your first post.

How could I know, if www.jiutech.net (http://www.jiutech.net) is a reliable supplier ?

Someone know others reliables suppliers of Ford VCM ?

Thanks

zecas
17th August, 2009, 12:26 AM
Hello

this is my first post

and i have clone from china after using it an couple of times it was blow to pieces without any reason ASAP i will upload pictures.

regards
zeca diabo

zecas
17th August, 2009, 01:22 AM
here is the reaons for not buying chinese vcm

and nice forum you guys have here

regards
zeca

kratousek
24th August, 2009, 04:52 PM
Hello all

I have weird question.
Is it possible combine ELM 327 kable with vcm software ?
Because it seems to me, that the hardware is simple PWM /CCPM converter, as ELM 327 is.

Archibald
12th October, 2009, 02:49 PM
Hi
Just a quick question. I know that VCM needs INCODE/OUTCODE to do any coding and wituout it it's just a good diagnostic tool (but no injector or keys coding).
As far as I know it needs E-Tis to get codes but it's quite expensive.
Do you know if there;'s any way around it?

mmcd
12th October, 2009, 05:43 PM
there is injector coding and you donot pay for it its in software as for etis for codes i donot think its expensive its the waiting for the codes thats the head ache

Archibald
12th October, 2009, 07:01 PM
there is injector coding and you donot pay for it its in software as for etis for codes i donot think its expensive its the waiting for the codes thats the head ache
Thanks
I was told that with old cars you have to wait for a code to be generated (or to accessed to a coding options) but with post 2001 it's not possible any more.
E-Tis is not a problem it's the E-Tis online (with log on) that is the pain in the back and is required for coding.
And what about immobiliser coding? Does this work as well?
Cheers

mmcd
12th October, 2009, 07:57 PM
usually pre 2002 are coded access which means you wait 12 minutes the only time this dosent apply if a ford dealer has changed it to coded access

Archibald
12th October, 2009, 09:04 PM
And what about post 2002? I need it mainly for 2003 onwards...

mmcd
13th October, 2009, 07:36 PM
this i like you allready siad it has to coded access

hernan5
24th April, 2010, 12:40 AM
Hi m8

I always buy all my products from here...they are very good with warranty and support....

WEBPAGE
index (http://www.obd2cartools.com/)

Support
index-4 (http://www.obd2cartools.com/supportinfo.html)

From china,If you have any problems they just give you more problems....happen to me in the pass...

Contact MARK at www.obd2cartools.com (http://www.obd2cartools.com)
Msn:obd2sales@hotmail.com

Cheers

Thank you very much for sharing this information.
I think the page is not working well. I can not access the register button top right margin, and other things that do not work. I did this happen?.
Do you send packages, from where?. How EEUU or China?.
Did you get on this page lately?. VCM is a range of 350 Euros, and then when you come into contact said product description for the price. Is this price right?.
I should have sent a private message for these issues, but can not find a way to contact you.
Thanks for all your contributions to the forum, the best of luck to you.