PDA

View Full Version : clone or real.....read the guide

jimsnake
11th June, 2008, 10:01 PM
hi, im fixing my mates eurovox for him, and iv read the guide to see it its a clone or a real box, at first i thought it was a eurovox blue box, but since the scart socket inside the box isnt silver, im confused, but the capacitors at the bottom of the power pack are green, so it seems genuine.....so im a lil bit confused.........anyone any ideas please

smirnoff_rules
11th June, 2008, 10:05 PM
it dont matter m8 the installer works out if its a red or blue and it dont matter if its a clone or not

jimsnake
11th June, 2008, 11:07 PM
thanks mate......ill give it a go.... its a strange box, theres only 6 chanels showing in the list, so i changed the keys, and tried a scan, then a power scan, but its just saying, no signal, so i think i need to re programe the box, what do u think

smirnoff_rules
11th June, 2008, 11:14 PM
u have a choose of frequency's to scan on at the start u have to pick the one for your area tw is 6950 , and make sure u have the cable in the rf connector at the back

jimsnake
11th June, 2008, 11:18 PM
you dont happen to know the frequency for glasgow mate.....it would really help me out...thanks

satsmo
13th June, 2008, 01:01 AM
Telepest is 6952 and N** is 6887 dependent on what part of Glasgow you are one or the other.

But you need to use the correct firmware for each model type, (Red firmware for a 2007 model and Blue for a 2006 model) tuner length will indicate which is which. Shorter tuner on a red model. Clone or genuine does matter as genuine firmware on a clone box will not work and may brick a clone.

marvo
13th June, 2008, 01:24 AM
8 fins showing its a red ,,and 12 showing its a blue

<--marvo added 4 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...-->

look at the top of your
box thru the holes at the back if the tuner goes down 8 holes
is red if it goes down 12 holes its blue

also if the above dosn't work press menu language settings-ok
key in 1968 twice (note this won't show up anywhere)find your
provider ie ntl 54 01 press ok go down to key data area 00 first
use the < > buttons on the remote to change the no's and letters
press the blue button onthe remote to save and exit no go to the
01 line and press ok do the same as above to change the 01 lines
press the blue button again to save and exit then exit back to a
tv station bingo again

Run the application and click on the large 'Download' button.
If a message saying 'System reset' does not disappear after
30 seconds then unplug your Eurovox, wait 10 seconds and power
it up again.