PDA

View Full Version : Updating channels on DM500-S

elrasho
28th April, 2014, 10:51 AM
I've searched the forum but can't find a thread that explains step by step how to update the channels on a DM500-S. It has no USB so I'm guessing I have to do it over the Network or get a RS232 > USB cable

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

digicon
28th April, 2014, 11:32 AM
Follow this Guide here: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f210/dreamboxedit-guide-167275/

But change Enigma2 settings to Satellite Receiver

elrasho
28th April, 2014, 11:42 AM
Follow this Guide here: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f210/dreamboxedit-guide-167275/

But change Enigma2 settings to Satellite Receiver

Thank you very much! Will try this tonight :)

elrasho
28th April, 2014, 11:10 PM
Managed to download DreamBox Edit and connect to by box. However when I try and FTP the Bouqets it says the username or password is wrong. The username is set to root and the password is dreambox.

I need to reset the root password so I downloaded Tuxbox Commander and installed using the below guide:

Open tuxbox Commander and enter the directory / var / etc / and then get the passwd file, and press the button 4 (Edit) on the remote control.
Firstly, enter the following: root:: 0:0 ::/:/ bin / sh
also create the file passwd in ~
This is done by selecting the first row with the arrow keys on your remote and press OK. Deleting is done with the VOLUME -,
and writing as well as writing a text message on your mobile phone.
Thus the Dreambox passworada without a new creation can be done with the help of Telnet. Poktene the Telnet log
with a blank password and then house the command passwd
It is also possible to enter a new password with the help of the DreamBox. This can be done in the Extra / Setings / Password.
Enter a new password and that's it. Now Dreambox a new password by this time one should remember that nebismo had repeated the entire procedure

My question is how do I do the very first step: open tuxbox commander and enter the directoy....

Where do I open it from? Do I telnet onto my Dreambox or do I open it from within one of the Dreambox menus?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

elrasho
29th April, 2014, 09:42 AM
I gave up trying to reset the root password and instead flashed with a new image. I then setup using 28.2 as the satellite and it found hundreds of stations. I could then login as root using dreambox as the password put the Bouquets on using the above guide :)

Thanks for all your help, this forum is awesome!