PDA

View Full Version : Smart 451 key teach-in problem

jimware
28th April, 2014, 07:09 PM
Hello to all.

I have only one key for my car and recently i bought one used from ebay and send it to a company to virginize key. Today i received the key and i make the teach in process into my car. All went ok and know the key can start the car with no problem but the remote lock/unlock it doesn't working. Is something else that i must do?

jebo
28th April, 2014, 08:08 PM
Hello to all.

I have only one key for my car and recently i bought one used from ebay and send it to a company to virginize key. Today i received the key and i make the teach in process into my car. All went ok and know the key can start the car with no problem but the remote lock/unlock it doesn't working. Is something else that i must do?

what year model is your 451?
does both remote keyless entry now stops working?

jimware
28th April, 2014, 08:28 PM
2010 year.
The one that I have it is working properly. The new one doesn't work the remote. But it can start the car.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jebo
28th April, 2014, 09:07 PM
2010 year.
The one that I have it is working properly. The new one doesn't work the remote. But it can start the car.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

sorry, not too familiar with 2010 fortwo.
for 2000-2006 450 models, if keyless remote don't work, then it also won't start the car.
look here for some ideas.- FQ101.co.uk - fortwo 451 (http://www.fq101.co.uk/how-to-guides/fortwo-451.html)

jimware
28th April, 2014, 09:56 PM
Ok Thank you my friend!!
Any other opinion? In special function it ask for a password. Anyone to give a valid password?

kennfeld
29th April, 2014, 02:08 PM
you need to hire smart center to make keys

audiomeca
29th April, 2014, 07:23 PM
Ok Thank you my friend!!
Any other opinion? In special function it ask for a password. Anyone to give a valid password?

hello, special function not solve the problem, this feature is for write a new immo to the sam when all keys are lost

not posible teach remote with a used key, you need new key for run 100%

kennfeld why need go to smart center to make keys? with a spare new key precode can write ok in the sam, can put more information ?

best regards