PDA

View Full Version : please please please help ,,,this file does not have a programme assoiciated with itf

bigfella
15th June, 2009, 08:14 PM
hi i wonder if anyone can help me i ve totally cocked up my lappy ....i downloaded imd internet downloader and uninstalled it thro the control panel install/uninstall programmes .then it came up with wat do u want to open files or programmes with and i must have pressed 7 zip becos nearly all the shortcuts came up with the 7 sysmbol next to them and when i rebooted several boxes came up with this progamme cannot be opened with 7 zip....so i un installes 7 zip and now nearly all the short cut sysbols have a empty sheet of paper next to them and when i try to do something on the lappie ie put a command in ,,a box cums up sayin ,,this file does not have a programme assoiciated with itfor performin this action. create an assiociation in the set assiociation s control panel.and the headin of box changes to accordin to the command..c\windows32\rundlll\32.exe is a example pf one headin....i ve tried to do asystems restore and press on it but nothing s happens .....i would be very grateful for any help ,,,thank you very much in advance,,,

cunny
15th June, 2009, 08:20 PM
For kick off m8, disable what you dont need from loading in the windows config.

To do this, goto start/run and type msconfig. Hit enter, this will load it up for you, goto the start up tab and disable what you dont need loading at start up.

Then you will need to sort out the file assingments, just right click on the file you need to open, choose program, select correct 1 an make sure you have always use this program ticked.

bigfella
15th June, 2009, 08:36 PM
For kick off m8, disable what you dont need from loading in the windows config.

To do this, goto start/run and type msconfig. Hit enter, this will load it up for you, goto the start up tab and disable what you dont need loading at start up.

Then you will need to sort out the file assingments, just right click on the file you need to open, choose program, select correct 1 an make sure you have always use this program ticked.

thanks for quick response but i tried that and the same thing happened ,,same box...looks like it knackered would like how to kno how to get around it so at least i could do a system restore

cunny
15th June, 2009, 09:03 PM
tried safe mode?

bigfella
15th June, 2009, 09:40 PM
tried safe mode?

thanks a lot cunny ...was tryin to do a restore in safe mode but wasnt sure wat f number it was ,,,finally found it f11 ,,,did and everything s ok now ...thank s a lot m8 for ur help ,it s much appreciated,,its peeps like u who go out their way to help other members that makes this site so good ...again thank u

cunny
16th June, 2009, 05:38 AM
No worries m8