PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to flash Hit 78 ?

acestu
15th June, 2009, 11:53 PM
Hi guys, I would be interested in your views on flashing an Hitachi 78 drive , i have tried jungleflasher but when i try a firmware dump i get BAD DATA message maybe its my onboard sata thats a problem, so might need to get a cheap pci sata card.....

any info appreciated

Acestu

dean1971
16th June, 2009, 04:32 AM
after sending mode b in jungleflasher wait for hard ware to update then select the correct drive in the top right hand box:tomato:

cunny
16th June, 2009, 05:48 AM
Flashing Xbox 360 Firmware - Hitachi 78 Drive - www.360mods.net

This is a video using firmware 1.41 slax, firmware toolbox, only problem is that firmware toolbox wont support ixtreme 1.51 for the hitchi drives. So heres what i recently did for 1.

Followed the video until you reached the firmware toolbox (i still read the formware from both jungleflasher and toolbox and compared) Then opened up jungleflasher, as the drive will be already in mode B it should be detectable, with all options selected correcly, i read and wrote from there following the jungleflasher guide.

So what i did was set mode B by slax (using the xbox for power and not a connectivity kit)
Booted into windows.
Waited couple of minutes for boot to fully finish.
Loaded jungleflasher, read and wrote from there following the guide supplied.

PLease note if the drive has alreaady been flashed then you will need to return the drive to stock firmware BEFORE you can flash with ixtreme, jungleflasher should tell you that anyway.

acestu
17th June, 2009, 02:24 AM
Thanks for the info Cunny also in my other post "Best Drive", It really is a minefield flashing any xbox drive as far as i can see, like which firmware do i use ? , will it be detected by xbox live , and then what tools do i use ?, so i have a connectivity kit and a pc with on board sata but i have just heard that i need to uninstall the drivers that are already on the pc because they are no good , but if so which drivers do i use ?, i have opened jungle flasher and managed to detect my drive then send mode b, but when i try to dump the firmware it says Bad Data which i am told could be a number of things............

any info appreciated Cunny and Thanks Again
Acestu

P.S. My M/board is a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro with 2 on board Sata ports

cunny
17th June, 2009, 05:28 AM
I use a VIA 6421 card for all my xbox drives, drivers only have to be removed for the liteon drives to aviod the VIA freeze in jungleflasher.

Download xbins, connect, get yourself the following:

ixtreme for hitachi version 1.51 (got wave 3 support)
Slax.

That should be all you will need.

Follow the video not using the connectivity kit and setting mode B by slax, see if that helps.

acestu
17th June, 2009, 05:35 AM
Yes i have tried the Slax mode B method and it works for mode B but still get the error Bad Data, do you think a sata lead thats too long might do this ?

cheers
Acestu

cunny
17th June, 2009, 05:36 AM
Yes i have tried the Slax mode B method and it works for mode B but still get the error Bad Data, do you think a sata lead thats too long might do this ?

cheers
Acestu

No i dont, does the drive keep ejecting? or once its shut does the xbox main power light keep flashing, i g2g work now i will try get to this thread l8r

leonid
17th June, 2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the info Cunny also in my other post "Best Drive", It really is a minefield flashing any xbox drive as far as i can see, like which firmware do i use ? , will it be detected by xbox live , and then what tools do i use ?, so i have a connectivity kit and a pc with on board sata but i have just heard that i need to uninstall the drivers that are already on the pc because they are no good , but if so which drivers do i use ?, i have opened jungle flasher and managed to detect my drive then send mode b, but when i try to dump the firmware it says Bad Data which i am told could be a number of things............

any info appreciated Cunny and Thanks Again
Acestu

P.S. My M/board is a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro with 2 on board Sata ports

Hi, yeah get that as well but only with dvdkey 32. If I use the MTKflash32 tab on jungleflahser all I have to do is select the appropriate port, select the relevant unlock button if needed, then intro the drive. If the "flash chip" properties fills up you can the read the firmware and save it, along with the key data.

smirnoff_rules
17th June, 2009, 09:24 AM
r u adding the 1.5 firmware into the jungle folder firmware ie theres about 20 files to copy in . if it didnt find them it can stop workin too

cunny
17th June, 2009, 06:49 PM
With mode B set by slax and the xbox under its own power ( dont use connectivity kit).
Boot the pc from slax, let it run as per the video posted.
Once its finished, check for mode B, takes 2 presses of eject ti close the tray, after a couple of seconds it will open again, press it a 3rd to keep it shut, boot into windows. Insert a original dvd in it, see if it auto runs.
If the dvd appears then everything should be ok.
Also make sure that the PORT IO 32 is installed on the pc.
Open jungleflasher.
Under the hitachiGDR3120 tab Use the following:

WINAPI, 78/79, Ram Upload, dunp drive, and ensuring that the correct drive is in the top right hand corner.

PM me and i will send you the latest guide i have on here.

Cunny