PDA

View Full Version : Titanic Olympic Conspiracy !

acestu
16th June, 2009, 12:43 AM
Did anyone see this on the box this week , very interesting a series of coincidencies me thinks but very bizzare what do you think ?

Acestu

RedSpider
18th June, 2009, 10:37 PM
yes i saw it. some very plausible evidence and reasoning. this is one of my favourite conspiracies and one of the ones i really want to be true

2pacalypsenow
15th February, 2010, 05:12 AM
I have a brilliant book calle Conspiracy Theorys By James McConnachie and Robin Tudge it has a section about this conspiracy and many others well worth a gander :)

patkins
15th February, 2010, 08:47 PM
Didn`t see it but have read books on same matter. Expect the airwaves will be full of Titanic soon as we reach the 100th aniversary of the sinking.

thered
15th February, 2010, 08:51 PM
Did anyone see this on the box this week , very interesting a series of coincidencies me thinks but very bizzare what do you think ?

Acestu

no but since reading this post i have conducted some intensive research(well sort of) and some of it does sound quite plausible and made quite interesting reading

Quad9
17th February, 2010, 08:29 PM
The ship still sank regardless.

RedSpider
24th February, 2010, 01:46 PM
The ship still sank regardless.

its not really the matter of whether it sank or not but of the lives that were lost.
i saw a statement from an 'expert' which said that the fact that the ship broke in half so easily and so quickly was more evidence of a switch. a brand spanking new ship would have stood up to the damage better and stayed afloat for a few more hours at least.

To be honest, as intriguing as it all is, who gives a monkeys really? it was nearly 100 years ago. yes, big tragedy, boo hoo hoo and all that but what does it matter? all the people invlved with the 'conspiracy' are long dead as are, i would imagine by now, all the survivors. any apologies or reparations of any kind are out of the question.

not that i'm trying to take away from the intrigue of it all or anything lol.
it is worth noting that after its accident with the hms hawke, the olympic was deemed fit only for scrap as it would require constant, expensive maintenance to keep it running. it was a write off but yet it remained in service for another 25 years.
but modern conspiracy theories are worth more time as its easier to believe that, maybe, some 'truth' will come out. but with this titanic one, there's nobody left who can tell you anything new.

RedSpider
24th February, 2010, 01:50 PM
In addition, I want to mention a woman called Violet Jessop. She was on the Olympic when it collided with HMS Hawke. She then served on the Titanic and survived. She then served on and survived the sinking of the Britannic, the third sister ship.

What a jinx!!!!

phil-h
11th May, 2010, 11:36 AM
In addition, I want to mention a woman called Violet Jessop. She was on the Olympic when it collided with HMS Hawke. She then served on the Titanic and survived. She then served on and survived the sinking of the Britannic, the third sister ship.

What a jinx!!!!

What was her job, rivet inspector? :D

piopat
23rd May, 2010, 04:05 PM
its interesting also that most of the crew of titanic refused to sail in her from southhampton to new york ,they knew something was happening here (and this was a time of mass unemployment ). the boilers that were used on titanic all of a sudden were unused etc . it was common practice in those days to scuttle ships for the insurance ,after all no one could go down and check the sunken ship in those days . its also interesting to note the the californian captained by stanley lord (the man who got the blame for large loss of life) was owned by the same man who owned titanic/olympic/britanic jp morgan . jp morgan was meant to be travelling on titanics maiden voyage but cancelled on the grounds of ill health ,but that couldnt have been further from the truth he was with his mistress . the californian had spent weeks in dock due to a coal shortage and all of a sudden it had lots of coal and left in a hurry ,why the huge hurry ? .its cargo was around 2000 life jackets and 2000 blankents (to be used for titanics passengers perhaps) i believe it was titanic that sank and that it was scuppered for the insurance money. and that stanley lord was involved in this ,but a tragic event took place (the wireless was switched off ) preventing a message getting through to lord. in any case they would have thought the ship will stay afloat with up to 5 compartments flooded (it was intended to be its own lifeboat ) so where is the hurry we will save them in the morning ,well be heroes and mr morgan gets his insurance . but the design of the ship had a major flaw ,the bulk heads didnt go all the way to the top and this left water flow over from one compartment to another ,so instead of having maybe 12 hours they had only 2. bruce ismay must have been in on the plan ,as must captain e g smith ,it was his last voyage due to retirement and i would only say he went along with the plan because he was forced to . have a look at this excellent link http://www.starway.org/titanic/ . only one lifeboat came back to help people who were dying in the icy sea ,and only a small few were plucked from the ocean alive , and most lifeboats were at most only half full .

johnboy1974
24th May, 2010, 10:06 AM
i heard of this before but its a bit of an urban myth. having been to the titanic exhibition in florida which is very poingnant i certainy hope there is no truth in this.

piopat
24th May, 2010, 04:19 PM
the ship at the bottom of the atlantic is most certainly titanic ,two things make this a certainty .the first is that while they were building the two ships side by side in harland and wolfes shipyard in belfast they had all ship parts numbered ,say all parts with 301 were made for and used only on titanic and any parts bearing the number 302 was made and used only on olympic . you can clearly see the number on titanics propeler and it is correct . and the second thing is that changes were made to both ships while in dock ,making both ships look even more alike (this was taken by some as proof to indicate that a switch had been made) but the ships plans clearly show differences between both ships , one such difference is a bathroom that was added and also portholes on titanic but not on olympic and these differences can clearly be seen on titanic at the bottom of the atlantic . everything i mentioned in my first post is factual including that of it bieng practice at that time to scupper ships for insurance ,i can only speculate if titanic was scuppered but i think the californian had a part to play in the affair (its cargo alone would have anybody looking very seriously at its involvement) bruce ismay blatantly ignored iceberg warnings (and it seems he ordered smith to ignore the warnings also ) and the fact that the crew having boarded the ship to sail to new york and then got off again refusing to sail on her again (in a time of mass unemployment )is an indication that something was seriously wrong here . there was a third ship near by also which could have saved many if not all of the poor souls aboard titanic ,titanic could see it so im sure it could see titanic . captain stanley lord was given the blame for the loss of life i think unfairly also captain e g smith was given a the blame for not heeding the iceberg warnings again i feel unfairly and also it should be noted that captain smith never left his ship and went down with titanic . its also interesting to note that the area of the olympic that was damaged in the collision was also the same area that titanic was damaged when she collided with the iceberg . but let us not forget the poor souls who died on titanic and hope a tragedy like titanic never happens again.

nialler
24th May, 2010, 04:19 PM
What was her job, rivet inspector? :D

i ~~~~in laughed out loud at this. quality !!