PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool - Champions League

gazz10
12th March, 2008, 09:10 AM
Champions League last 16, second leg INTER MILAN 0 LIVERPOOL 1 LIVERPOOL WIN 3-0 ON AGGREGATE

If Only they could start every season in February, surely Liverpool would win the lot.

Last night, as Fernando Torres sent Inter spinning through the same Champions League exit chute that Arsenal had pushed AC Milan down a week ago, Rafa Benitez would have been torn between pride and regret.

Pride, that his team had comprehensively dismissed the Italian champions, as Javier Mascherano mastered midfield, Steven Gerrard never stopped running and Jose Reina came up with the goalkeeping goods when it mattered.

Liverpool march through to Friday's Premier League-dominated last eight draw knowing they were by far the better side over the two legs even without the added advantage of another red card, this time for Nicolas Burdisso.

aftermath
12th March, 2008, 09:17 AM
well done Liverpool, a team that can win 2 games against milan, must be doing something right.

Now i hope all the english teams avoid each other for the quarter final, what would be the odds for that .?

Baaheeduk
12th March, 2008, 09:31 AM
well done Liverpool, a team that can win 2 games against milan, must be doing something right.

OMG Steve. The mother of all sins (in Milan) Calling 'Inter'.......'Milan'....pmsl ;)

Well done Liverpool.

Jaffa
12th March, 2008, 10:08 AM
I cant see us all avoiding each other this year, 3 teams last year and all missed each other but it would be good if it happened, can you imagine 4 EPL teams in semi finals....Uefa would have a fit and change all the rules for the following year...lol

ronaldo121
13th March, 2008, 02:37 PM
I can wait for the draw tomorrow i predict that 2 english team will be tied together!

It is bound to happen in my opinion