PDA

View Full Version : Wii v4 Where do I start

karlosfandango
16th June, 2009, 12:51 PM
Right then, so I have just got a Wii and I can see it is v4.0e. I have access to loads of 'back-up'games but it is a case of where to start, and it has to be in easy english that I and anyone else can understand. I am planning to get a 2Gb SD card today which is what I have been told I need and I guess it will be going in the top of the Console once I have the mod on it. The thing is, which mod as I don't want a brick. I have only had the thing a week! I have looked at some of the other posts but they are a little confusing as I don't know if I need to go to a previous version, and I need to know where I can go to get the software which again has to be easy for a dumbass newbie like me. The reason I am also posting this is that obviously this stuff can go out of date and I want to be careful:stickyman:

delboy13
16th June, 2009, 12:52 PM
have a read of this thread
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/wii-softmod-dummies-without-zelda-40768/

karlosfandango
16th June, 2009, 12:57 PM
Haven't I read somewhere though that Bannerbomb can screw up your console or is it safe

karlosfandango
17th June, 2009, 08:26 PM
Well I tried the way you said in your first reply and I got everything on to an SD card but when I got to part g to see if IOS16 and CIOS249 are installed as soon as I tried to install I got error codes. Does this mean I have to go back to a previous version and retry it?:joyman:

kr1664uk
19th June, 2009, 04:52 PM
i have the same as karlosfandango...any help would be great,thanks