PDA

View Full Version : new to skybox

octavia61
4th May, 2014, 02:31 PM
when istalling my skybox where do i download image file from ?

antler1977
4th May, 2014, 03:08 PM
there is a download section at the top of home page mate

manxspud
4th May, 2014, 03:17 PM
Or under extras on the default style

genam
4th May, 2014, 07:06 PM
why do you think you need to ... new boxes won't be that far out of date.
the main list is from the website SkyBox | SkyBox (http://skybox.cc/down.asp)

just select the model you have from the list on the left and get yourself winzip / winrar /7zip to extract the downloaded file.
copy the extracted file to a USB memory stick , insert it in the Skybox and then find the menu that has 'upgrade from usb'
1st option is an image file and the screen should show the file you copied to the USB stick.
If so just begin the upgrade and let the box reboot.

However...your box will now be a virgin as such with NO channels or former settings / lines / cccams and so on so be absolutely sure you want to do the upgrade.

It is also quite possible to 'brick' the box doing an upgrade so again be sure.

octavia61
4th May, 2014, 07:31 PM
only problem i have with install so far is i cant select eurobird 1 & astra

Hadron
5th May, 2014, 10:54 AM
...However...your box will now be a virgin as such with NO channels or former settings / lines / cccams and so on so be absolutely sure you want to do the upgrade...

octavia61 doesn't say which box he has, but he probably has the option in the upgrade menu to keep DSB & settings. This will keep the channel list & all other "important" settings.

However, it's still vital to make sure back ups are kept of all important data in case of mishaps.

Hadron
5th May, 2014, 11:00 AM
only problem i have with install so far is i cant select eurobird 1 & astra

Why do you want to do that?

Install a channel list by AJ or sattv5 from the stickies above.

If you still want to do your own scan, you can select Sky UK 28A from the sat list (eurobird1 & astra was the old name for 28.2e).