PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading firmware on wii

akyboo
16th June, 2009, 05:00 PM
I have been asked by many people: ?How can I downgrade my wii?s firmware to x.x?? Well now wanikoko from teknoconsolas has released a downgrader which allows you to downgrade your wii?s firmware to any available version on Nintendo?s servers.

# Getting started. #

-Make sure you have the Hombrew Channel (HBC) enabled on your wii. If you don?t know what this is then please see: hbc.hackmii.com for more information.

-Download IOS37 rev03: IOS37.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?cglazn4jmon)

-Download Downgrader v1.11 for the HBC: DowngraderHBC.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?1nzm4ngnh1v)

# Installing IOS37 #

-Extract the package and enter the extracted directory.

-Read the readme files!

-Copy over ?IOS37-64-v2070.wad? onto your SD card in the directory ?X:\wad\? (X being your SD cards path.)

-Insert your SD card into you wii and install the .wad file using WAD Manager 1.3.

# Setting Up Downgrader v1.11 #

This application will downgrade your wii to any firmware which is available on the servers.

-Extract the package, read the readme?s.

-Copy over the folder entitled ?downgrader1.11″ to the ?Apps? directory on your SD card.

-Insert the SD card into your wii and launch the Downgrader application for the homebrew channel.

# Using Downgrader v1.11 #

When you have finally launched the application, it will establish the NAND and network connection. Then it will load the list of firmwares availiable. You can simply select one and it will launch the downgrading process.

# Warning! #

One thing you MUST be careful of, otherwise you can risk you wii! You must make sure you check your current firmware region and make sure you choose a firmware with the same region to downgrade to. Your firmware will either be: x.xE; x.xU; x.xJ . You need to match your current firmware with the one you choose to downgrade to, for example: 4.0U must choose a firmware with ?U? at the end.

Thanks for reading, hope this helps!

As long as you follow that rule you should be fine. Otherwise you will end up with a semi-bricked wii!