PDA

View Full Version : BMW E60 EGR problem

misiekgol2
5th May, 2014, 07:19 PM
Hi,

Car is chiped and EGR quantity is reduced.
I have problem with fault code: EGR - fresh air quantity too low
On idle everthings works correct but while driving with a low load and rpm about 2000 the requested air quantity is about 900mg an actual quantity is 700mg - then i get the fault.
All checked - EGR valve, EGR stering valve, turbo hoses
Could someone check if the EGR correction in flash is correct?
E60 530d 2004 218HP

258697Thanks for help

16eddi67
5th May, 2014, 08:07 PM
Hi,
you dump EGR off, passw PM

Best regards Eddy

misiekgol2
5th May, 2014, 08:55 PM
Hi,

I don`t want to make EGR OFF.
I want to know if my problems with EGR fault are caused by incorrect soft mod or mechanical problem with car :)

BR

morgano
6th May, 2014, 08:24 AM
Write back original file. If problem evaporares then your mod is guilty. If problem persist then mechanics are guilty. Easy.

Regards,

misiekgol2
6th May, 2014, 08:38 PM
I don`t have orginal file:)
Maybe someone can restore the orginal EGR map in posted file?

BR

oem
7th May, 2014, 09:24 AM
Check MAF also :)

Morette
7th May, 2014, 09:03 PM
Have you got DIS or ISTA/D?
There is an adjustment program for EGR Quantity

"Whilst cruising at higher speeds, typically on the motorway during constant throttle, there is an intermittent jolt like a misfire. the jolt / misfire / hesitation occurs once only.Typical speeds under which the complaint is present are; 1800 / 2000 rpm @ 60 / 70 mph
During cruising, EGR regulation takes place;- typically when re-applying the accelerator pedal. The actual air consumed by the engine increases but the measured value (actual value from HFM) does not rise proportionally in order for favourable fuelling to take place, this is because the EGR is open and an element of unmetered air negatively effects the calculated. The engine hesitates briefly as a result.

In the event of complaint, carry out the following;
- Adjust the EGR, adjust rate of fresh calculated during EGR to +40
- To do this use the service function of the DDE, adjust it by adding the value 40
- End with programming the DDE using the option in the ABL
- Following successful manipulation, let the vehicle assume sleep mode and then check the status of the EGR by entering the test module once more to ensure the value has taken place before carrying out a thorough road test.

Carrying out the above procedure does not constitute a fault with the engine as the wear
characteristics of the engine and ancillaries may necessitate the need to adapt the DDE running parameters accordingly.

It should however, be noted that the air and fuel system should be fault free prior to
adopting such a change.

misiekgol2
7th May, 2014, 10:05 PM
Today i heve tested identical car and EGR quantity is much bigger then in my car (less fresh air).
In my car the requested quantity of FRESH air is too big even the EGR valve is closed.
I attach a original series flash from this car.
If someone can please mod (with checksum) my file with original EGR maps from posted file or if it is possible make EGR quantity a little reduced compared to original series file.

Thanks

misiekgol2
10th May, 2014, 07:06 AM
Anyone could do this?

misiekgol2
29th May, 2014, 06:49 AM
Could someone delete the fault code 4507 from dump posted in first post?

Thanks

morgano
29th May, 2014, 08:07 AM
Try egr off and see if error goes.

Regards,

16eddi67
29th May, 2014, 08:17 AM
you dump DTS off

Best regards EDDY

misiekgol2
29th May, 2014, 08:31 AM
Thnaks

16eddi67 your file with all DTC off or only 4507 ?

16eddi67
29th May, 2014, 08:36 AM
Hi, yes only 4507

Best regards Eddy