PDA

View Full Version : Cat 980C Transmission probelm

mathura
6th May, 2014, 12:31 AM
I have rebuilt a 980C transmission and Torque Converter but the machine will not move .

After testing the system there is ZERO pressure at P2 port-directional pressure, P1 is within specs, pump pressure is also within specs.

Neutralizer line disconnected, but still no directional pressure

You suggestions appreciated to solve this problem

Thanks

Roy Suryadwiananda
6th May, 2014, 10:19 AM
Try to double-check the Transmission Control Valve , the area Directional Spool , there are many small hole, usually there are clogged.
I've 5 times this disassembly turns out there is a hole clogged by debris "O Ring". If the blockage bit, usually a slow motion unit, but if a lot is clogged, the unit can not move normally.
Please check back, good luck.

mathura
6th May, 2014, 11:56 PM
Try to double-check the Transmission Control Valve , the area Directional Spool , there are many small hole, usually there are clogged.
I've 5 times this disassembly turns out there is a hole clogged by debris "O Ring". If the blockage bit, usually a slow motion unit, but if a lot is clogged, the unit can not move normally.

I have opened up the hydraulic valve block at least 4 times but cannot find anything.

One of my observations is that the converter inlet pressure (P3) is the same as outlet pressure, this tells me that the converter is not doing any work. Just wondering if pressure is being dumped resulting in no directional pressure (P2)

Your suggestions are welcome

Thanks

Roy Suryadwiananda
7th May, 2014, 03:45 AM
Check out the Torque Converter faulty or not, I check the amount of oil that is in the Housing Torque Converter.
As the way; Engine turned on for about 3 minutes at low idle, after it was turned off wait 1 minute, open the Drain Plug on "Housing T / C" and the oil capacity
volume should not be more than 5 liters (kurang lebih 1 kaleng ukuran 5 L Thinner Kansai/ND). If it turns more, can be sure "Torque Converter" has been leaked via the "Rings (9G2991)".
And in this state of pressure "Inlet / Outlet" or as approximately equal to though "Valves" does not work.

mathura
8th May, 2014, 11:44 PM
I have decided to remove converter and open it up will let you know my findings.

I hope others can share their ideas

Thanks

sysjay
13th May, 2014, 05:37 AM
I myself had many machines with plugged "screens". But first I think I would have checked the magnetic screen for debris and cut filter open for aluminum "from torque" hope you find it!!

mathura
14th May, 2014, 11:50 PM
I myself had many machines with plugged "screens". But first I think I would have checked the magnetic screen for debris and cut filter open for aluminum "from torque" hope you find it!!

Thanks for your response

The magnetic screen is ok no problems with cuttings

I removed converter and is doing some checks, will let you know my findings

Should someone have any suggestions you are welcome to share your opinions/ideas

mathura
18th May, 2014, 09:25 PM
SOLVED

The converter was the problem

Thanks to all who responded