PDA

View Full Version : setting up problems

father ted
12th June, 2008, 01:10 PM
ok i got mine yesterday and played around with it last nite couldnt get anything with the neutrino image even tho i done the you know what (k**S and r**s)maybe becasue ive been away from neutrino i done it wrong anyway put on (dont hit me devilfish lol)dw2.1 jsut to see if it was ok and got everything working np, i saved the image so can go back to it(i hope lol)gonna put kaos on and see what happens with that,as for satalite.plugged in my old s*y digital dish just for the fun of it ,scanned and picked up everything on as** 2a2b ,not all clear but can see the epg and stuff so i know it worked ,then went to eurobird shhhhhhhhhhh more channels :roflmao: just need to figure out how to put the differnt sattalites into separate bouquets and store them, can someone tell me if i can save them how do i access them ?i mean how do you get into different bouquets ?

Devilfish
12th June, 2008, 01:38 PM
I've uploaded the Captains services and bouquets, they're pretty up to date.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=244

Use dreamboxedit to transfer these to your box and remember to reload channels afterwards.

Once you do this, you'll then need to visit a channel on each of the sats you want to get, i.e. 13e, 19e, etc. and make sure your dish it aligned correctly. You might need to jog the motor a few clicks and then store the new position to clear the channel.

Curious123
12th June, 2008, 01:50 PM
If it is an old S*y dish aren't you just stuck with 28.2E channels?

aftermath
12th June, 2008, 02:24 PM
Just got my Open Media back this morning, i was having a pic quality problem , Many Thanks to Max for getting it back quick, it is perfect picture now.

I recommend this to anyone, cant wait to get the sat set up.

max_gee
12th June, 2008, 03:53 PM
ok i got mine yesterday and played around with it last nite couldnt get anything with the neutrino image even tho i done the you know what (k**S and r**s)maybe becasue ive been away from neutrino i done it wrong anyway put on (dont hit me devilfish lol)dw2.1 jsut to see if it was ok and got everything working np, i saved the image so can go back to it(i hope lol)gonna put kaos on and see what happens with that,as for satalite.plugged in my old s*y digital dish just for the fun of it ,scanned and picked up everything on as** 2a2b ,not all clear but can see the epg and stuff so i know it worked ,then went to eurobird shhhhhhhhhhh more channels :roflmao: just need to figure out how to put the differnt sattalites into separate bouquets and store them, can someone tell me if i can save them how do i access them ?i mean how do you get into different bouquets ?

With the neutrino image, you have to transfer across all 3 files, so theres a r*m7.bin, Ram7.bin and another r**.eep file. Cant remember the correct names but give that a go.

For the satellite side, when scanning if you goto boquet options = satellite bquet it will make a new boquet for each satellite it scans.

Also are you runnin a motor or have u connected via a diseqc switch?

If diseqc then select diseqc 1.1 from the settings menu and set up your diseqc config and when you do a scan it will scan all satelllites together and add them in their own boquets

father ted
12th June, 2008, 07:28 PM
rite next problem ,and i know its only a old s*y dish and i only get 2 satalites .right i made 2 bouquest 1 for as**a and 1 for eurobird .they are both 28.2 e ,now if i scan one and place all the files in the right bouquet when in scan the other one it delets the service files from the first one .ive pressed save and all that any idea?

rite ignore the bit above think ive found it ,rite you make bouquets and you start scan
once its finished you bring up a channel say ovc ,you press ok and down the bottom right hand corner it says add to bouquet press it and add it to the one you want ,you carry on doing this till all the files are in your particular bouquet, then you do the same with the next satalite unless someone knows a quicker way :roflmao: but hey its a learning curve

:roflmao:ignore that bit as that didnt work either,its only saving 1 set of files ,is this because its on the same setting?

Curious123
12th June, 2008, 10:09 PM
Use Dreamboxedit.exe and import the channel list to your pc re-arrange orre-name as you wish and than resend to rour dreambox. Do a reload on dreamboxedit and you are done.

max_gee
13th June, 2008, 12:17 AM
rite next problem ,and i know its only a old s*y dish and i only get 2 satalites .right i made 2 bouquest 1 for as**a and 1 for eurobird .they are both 28.2 e ,now if i scan one and place all the files in the right bouquet when in scan the other one it delets the service files from the first one .ive pressed save and all that any idea?

rite ignore the bit above think ive found it ,rite you make bouquets and you start scan
once its finished you bring up a channel say ovc ,you press ok and down the bottom right hand corner it says add to bouquet press it and add it to the one you want ,you carry on doing this till all the files are in your particular bouquet, then you do the same with the next satalite unless someone knows a quicker way :roflmao: but hey its a learning curve

:roflmao:ignore that bit as that didnt work either,its only saving 1 set of files ,is this because its on the same setting?

What you need to do is do a scan on astra 28.2 (not euro bird) but what u do is select NIT scan, this will take longer but it will gather all transponders for astra and eurobird and scan everything (although u only have selected astra 28.2)

Let me know how u get on

father ted
13th June, 2008, 05:43 PM
What you need to do is do a scan on astra 28.2 (not euro bird) but what u do is select NIT scan, this will take longer but it will gather all transponders for astra and eurobird and scan everything (although u only have selected astra 28.2)

Let me know how u get on

blood and sand 732 channles :roflmao:ok they all dont show but i think ive got every one of the sly channels (again they dont show)but looks good and a lot of them are god ,sales and music but have itv bbc,a couple of movie cahnnels think its channel four movies and stuff like that not been through them all ,damn cant wait to see what a motor does :roflmao: ok ive left the neutrino image on for this and very pleased with it running thro a 36 inch samsung lcd oh and it didnt make a new bouquet for any of the sats i scanned

father ted
16th June, 2008, 06:46 PM
rite new problem ,for the love of it i cant get the neutrino image from the sat bit to open with dreambox edit?been trying for 2 dasy and no matter what i do it wont connect even changed ip address but for some reason it wont connect?flash fxp i can do it in 30 secs but not edit?

max_gee
16th June, 2008, 09:41 PM
i'll have a play with mines and see if I can get it going.

by the way the username is root
and password is openmedia

you might have to enter these details in dreambox edit.

im not even 100% sure if dreambox edit supports neutrino based services and Ubouquets.

Will post tomorrow after doin some experiments.

Femalelizzard
16th June, 2008, 09:50 PM
I know smirnoff has recently bought one of these DB and has sorted it out he may be able to point yous in the right direction ive got one in the post so hes gonna get a headache of me lmao good luck im in toe :withstupid:

father ted
23rd June, 2008, 04:45 PM
ok bit of help here please,have installed dish with motor and tested it it runs from south to west np and south east np (manualy)i have dk image on it and when i tell it to go to thor it turns then goes back to the zero position?the bracket it plumb on every way and am sure ive put in the correct settings for lat/long Lat: 56:00:37N (56.01031)
Lon: 3:42:37W (-3.71039)

Curious123
23rd June, 2008, 05:06 PM
I assume you have already selected complex in the satellite option and usals and loaded the cpatains settings for the bouquets? If all fails there is a pin hole in the motor for resetting the motor.

father ted
23rd June, 2008, 07:36 PM
I assume you have already selected complex in the satellite option and usals and loaded the cpatains settings for the bouquets? If all fails there is a pin hole in the motor for resetting the motor.

yep re-set it and everything, selected complex yep,captains settings ??nope not done that part do i need to??

Curious123
23rd June, 2008, 08:57 PM
yep re-set it and everything, selected complex yep,captains settings ??nope not done that part do i need to??

Do the Captains setting because you can than send it to BBC World 1W Thor automatically by selecting the channels throught the bouquets.

max_gee
23rd June, 2008, 11:41 PM
@ Father Ted

Did you manage to get it sored? If you are still struggling back up your image and i'll give it a whizz on my motor setup.

btw what motor setup did you go for in the end?

father ted
24th June, 2008, 05:24 PM
i think im getting this into my head now i think the reason its returning to zero is its not finding any satalites,i can set it to go to a saved limits and postion`s, say as far west and as far east so if the furthest sat is 166 and i saved postion 1 it will go to that and the furthest west say is 188 and postion 2 it will go to that so its doing what it should :roflmao:still cant find thor but am luving it

Curious123
24th June, 2008, 06:57 PM
If it goes to zero when you send it to Thor than once it gets to zero try moving the dish by hand by half and inch either side to see if the signal level changes.

father ted
25th June, 2008, 08:49 AM
wot directory does the captains setting go into on dk1?still not getting this at all lol and b4 anyone ask`s i mean everything about sat :roflmao: but its fun learning

Curious123
25th June, 2008, 10:29 AM
The Captains settings are a pre-configured services & bouquets for satellite and you can load them in the same way as you would load any services & bouquets in cable. I normally unpack them to temp directory on my pc and than use Dreamboxedit to connect to my dreambox and than send to the box. Once you get a picture on BBC World on Thor 1W you will be well away m8 and you will look back and laugh at all of this shannigans. lol

father ted
25th June, 2008, 04:46 PM
ok dont know wot i done but i done something right (for a change)manged to get a lock on about 5 sats and scanned got loads of channels from first scan but it came back with a fatal error this is it

couldnt open service file-create/var/tuxbox/config/enigma
using fta enigma image by the way

and when i put captaons files in i couldnt find them even after reloading channels and plus it came back saying service removed?

max_gee
25th June, 2008, 05:32 PM
I dont know if this will help but sometimes if you add too much to the var then the whole image becomes read only causing errors similar to the ones you described.

try flash again maybe?

aftermath
25th June, 2008, 05:36 PM
Father, i had it too easy m8, had no probs, so i decided today to install the nabilosat 0.8 image, it went straight on, and had no problems.

did you use the remote to update your box via network, for "PM " m8.

i remember i had a screen come up and i entered 1 for east and 50 for west.

It worked for me, and i am still a newbie..

father ted
25th June, 2008, 08:36 PM
I dont know if this will help but sometimes if you add too much to the var then the whole image becomes read only causing errors similar to the ones you described.

try flash again maybe?

ok tried re flash still get the same fatal error its found satalites and what am doing is goto say astra the motor turns and i can fine tune this one by making i click east/west until i get the ber down to nothing and signal and all up and it locks onto transponders and everything so its doing what i ask its just this error just as its about to finish scan

Curious123
25th June, 2008, 09:17 PM
Instead of doing the clicks why not move the dish and motor by hand until the BER disappears.

father ted
26th June, 2008, 12:28 AM
Instead of doing the clicks why not move the dish and motor by hand until the BER disappears.

i can do that to m8 i can get everything nearly as good as with the c side of it but when i do scan i get this fatal error message

osborne82
26th June, 2008, 06:43 AM
i can do that to m8 i can get everything nearly as good as with the c side of it but when i do scan i get this fatal error message

um seems like a image problem maybe, can u ftp/telnet in ?
if so please telnet into your box and enter

init 4
killall -9 enigma
enigma>/tmp/e.log 2>&1 &

then preform your scan once scan finished ftp into your box and grab e.log from /tmp post up here :)

cheers

osborne82

father ted
26th June, 2008, 12:27 PM
ok story so far thanks to a lot of help from everyone(aftermath your a star) on all fronts have managed to get an image on it (nabilo one)and get it to scan,i only did a few sat like astra 19 and eurobird and astra 2 but it locked onto them and i did a scan it created bouquets for each satalite and put service files in them now i can see them ,bbc1 3 stv itv and all the usual ,but when i say go into bbc on astra 19.2 (or whatever its called )i get this message "please wait while the motor is turning to 19.2 e"but its been on there for half an hour? any ideas what wrong this time?

Curious123
26th June, 2008, 02:06 PM
If it ain't got to where you send it in one or two minutes than I would just pull the plug at the back as it has probably hung. Now that you have got some sort of a picture what you want to do is tweak/flex your dish around the the satellite arc to maximize your signal. Start with Thor 1W and see what is the best signal you can get by flexing or moving your dish minute amounts than got to something like 28.2E and see what signal than try 19E than 16E, 13E etc.

father ted
26th June, 2008, 02:37 PM
whooooooooooooooooooo ok so far this is it ,i was playing with it and got it to goto as**19.2 as i was doing it bbc1 came as the motor was going towards the sat,so what i done was in the motor set up there is a position set up so i jagged it one click one way then when i got nothing i went the other way and evetually got bbc1,but when i went to another channel i got nothing,so i took a rough guess where it was sitting and reset the motor to what i thot was 19.2 then went up ladder and done a sat find and moved the dish till i got snr 91%,agr 96% and ber 0 ,then went and put it onto bbc1 and it came on, can look at all the channels on that sat so done the same with ast** 2/3/4 or whatever its called lol again it came on but i can only get them via postion 1/2/3/4 ?if i send dish to the sat i dont get them but as i have 19.2 on positon 1 i do that and all the channels appear(well the ones that you can get cbbies/itv/bbc/think its film4) too so any ideas ?am i doing it right or is theresomething else am doing wron ooooooooo and the picture quality is superb

Curious123
26th June, 2008, 02:46 PM
I maybe wrong but there is no BBC on 19.2E so you must have the dish pointing at 28.2E when you think it is pointing to 19.2E. I was going to say try selecting the Premeier bouquets from the bouquets going to one of the channels but I think you will find that it won't clear unless you have the latest dreambox keys loaded. Check DF sticky for clearing Premier.

Dreamer
26th June, 2008, 06:31 PM
I passed you're house earlier. I don't think you are doing it right Father.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OtEubiDcAMM

lol

father ted
26th June, 2008, 09:16 PM
i now can tell it to go to 28.2 and it does it .so do you think its something else?ive told it to go to the 19.2 and 28.2 and the 23 .8 (think thats the other one on astra and it goes to them but mind you am only picking up them 3 sats but hey at least its astart and am getting good qaulity pictures lol

i defo know that the 28.2 one is correct becasue its the same channel list i have when i set up my box with the old sly dish i had on the wall ,everything matches and when i tell it to goto that sat it does it,so wot is the other 2 i have picked ?and as i say its still only 3 sats or what i think is 3 lol

Curious123
26th June, 2008, 10:51 PM
If you are getting the S*y channels when you are on 19.2 than your dish is pointing 9 degrees to the left too much assumning you are standing behind your dish. I would say that you have got your South wrong by 9 to 10 degrees. Send your dish to 0 degrees than imagine you are standing behind the dish and move the motor and dish 10 degrees to your right.

rickets
27th June, 2008, 09:34 AM
Give this a whirl

YouTube - If Your Sky Cant Get A Signal - This Is What To Do (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJTKet1Rj7c&feature=related)

Curious123
27th June, 2008, 09:47 AM
Give this a whirl

YouTube - If Your Sky Cant Get A Signal - This Is What To Do (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJTKet1Rj7c&feature=related)

He has already tried that which is why his dish is pointing too far to the left! lol

father ted
27th June, 2008, 11:22 AM
i get everything thats on the sky package for that particular sat, these are pictures of what i get as you can see one of them is bbc1 "houses under auction" and the other is the audi channel as you can see the logo in the left hand corner the others show bouquets and channels and also sats i have found but its still only 3 as you csan see the picture quality is excelent you will see in the bottom righ hand corner the sat name and the position and curious123,it was as small a hammer as that :roflmao:

max_gee
27th June, 2008, 11:48 AM
whats happened is that your actually on 28 degrees but youve told the box its on 19 degrees.

the reason you got some channels is that when u did a scan using the tp's and freq on 19 it found the channels that are on the same freq / polarity on 28.

i could be wrong tho but your dish is deffo on 28

rickets
27th June, 2008, 11:51 AM
If thats the case what does he need to do to synchronise them ? Does he still have to move the dish or can he get the receiver to figure it out ?

Curious123
27th June, 2008, 01:13 PM
The bouquets that we are looking at is it the 'ALL Services'? If you still have the captains bouquets loaded can you select the 'Premeier' bouquets and than select Premeier START? just want to see if you are able to pick up anything on 19.2E.

father ted
27th June, 2008, 01:20 PM
The bouquets that we are looking at is it the 'ALL Services'? If you still have the captains bouquets loaded can you select the 'Premeier' bouquets and than select Premeier START? just want to see if you are able to pick up anything on 19.2E.

the reason i have that bouqets ia thast the one i got from my scan with which i presume 28.2 captains ones just say "service removed " ive checke the dish and it is 28.2 (or near as damn it )east of 0

Curious123
27th June, 2008, 01:34 PM
Send your captains settings again to your box so that it overrides the channel list that you currently have on your box and than do a scan on 28.2E

SETUP > Scan Tansponders and satellites > Automatic scan > 28.2E

and that way the settings for the channels should fall into the correct slots.

jay
29th June, 2008, 08:42 AM

try flash again maybe?

can u help me how to reflash the open media

father ted
29th June, 2008, 11:07 AM

flash it with dreamup m8

Curious123
29th June, 2008, 04:37 PM

The open media box is dm500 clone so everything that applies to dm500 applies to your box.

Guide: Flashing a Dreambox with Dreamup (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=33)

electric_phoenix
9th July, 2008, 10:11 AM
Hi,

I recently bought an Open media receiver with the pre-installed Neutrino image - no problems. I then tried to dlash the dk_v1 image using Flashwizard pro. Unfortunately it hung and now the box is unreachable and does not work. Any ideas please.....

Curious123
9th July, 2008, 10:35 AM
Flashing an image with the latest dreamup and a null modem cable will fix your box.

father ted
27th July, 2008, 07:24 AM
story so far was getting 4 satalites ,and was steadyily getting there, got thor on it so scanned and got the channels then it asked if i wanted to scan another sat ,said yes and the motor moved ,but when i looked out the window it was way past what it should have been,tried a manul turning of the motor ,it wouldnt budge,went back up ladder and i couldnt see any power to it tried to reset and press the button to move ,nothing ,took the dish off and the motor and tried to run the motor and my mates and couldnt get anything from it at all, one motor which i suspect is knackered ,lucky white heather or what :roflmao:but i wont be beating i know i can do it so im gonna wait till i get fresh supplies :roflmao:

father ted
8th October, 2008, 07:22 PM
ok story so far ,have got new motor and had it for a few weeks now just didnt have time to get it up,today i managed to get it all back up,just flung it up and played around till i got a lock on a sat and done a scan and whoosh loads of channels ,but the next question i have is this ,i had a problem with my box and sent it back and the chap who sorted it kindly put the box on his sat set up to check it out (you know who you are and thanks again by the way )he put on 19.2 e and 13 .0 e ,now i have every channel he found working and i scanned another 2 sats and have all the channels on them they must be differnt form the 19.2and the 13.2 because i dont have double channels ,but i cant get astra 28.2 or the other what is it 25 something ,so all in all i have 4 different ones ,do you think its an image thing? or a tunning thing?

yamar1
8th October, 2008, 08:14 PM
getting a dish and motor soon (1st one!) dreading setting it up. I like the openmedia set what probs did you have with your box? or was it your dish?? iv done loads of reading and im ready for a go at the sat side of the world, see what its all about!!!!:hmmmm2:

Devilfish
8th October, 2008, 08:17 PM
It sounds like you're not properly positioned on the arc so your dish is out of alignment.

If you're not on the arc properly, you tend to get satellites that are closer to 0 degrees, the further east and west you go, the less you hit!

See the pic for some examples.