PDA

View Full Version : connecting TV's in bedrooms to TV & skybox f5 downstairs

dianeh
14th May, 2014, 08:03 AM
Hi can anyone help me please i have connected a skybox f5 to my tv in living room with no problems, i have connected a rf modulator, i have found the skybox f5 picture on Tv upstairs not very good quality i have searched for lots of different channels to see if picture was any better but just the same, i have a signal booster too does anyone know what leads & coax i need & which way i need to connect them please ? :grey:

Thank you

digicon
14th May, 2014, 10:37 AM
A signal booster will not improve the picture all it will do is boost the grainy/bad picture even more, you need to concentrate on getting the RF modulator sending out a good picture first.

on the rear of the F5 have you tried both sets of outputs into the modulator Scart and the CVBS connection Red/White/Yellow

dianeh
14th May, 2014, 12:47 PM
A signal booster will not improve the picture all it will do is boost the grainy/bad picture even more, you need to concentrate on getting the RF modulator sending out a good picture first.

on the rear of the F5 have you tried both sets of outputs into the modulator Scart and the CVBS connection Red/White/Yellow

no sorry i haven't tried these i'm not at home at the mo will this be easy to do as i'm just a learner, Thanks

Would you know which way i need to connect main aerial rf cable etc please

karakoram
14th May, 2014, 01:59 PM
Scart/Composite from Skybox into modulator. Main aerial coaxial into modulator, aerial out of modulator to tv(s)/distribution amp/splitter, thus carrying modulator frequency (skybox) to tv's. If the picture is crap once you've tuned in a telly, you will need to change the frequency on the modulator (21-69) as 9/10 times it will clash with DTV muxes or CCTV frequencies or whatever else is on your system.
Where I am on Winter Hill, all muxes are at the top in the range of 49- 61, with a HD mux on 33 IIRC, also 3G is at 68 so I would choose a channel between 21-30 or late 30's-40's.
Hope this helps.

dianeh
14th May, 2014, 06:55 PM
Scart/Composite from Skybox into modulator. Main aerial coaxial into modulator, aerial out of modulator to tv(s)/distribution amp/splitter, thus carrying modulator frequency (skybox) to tv's. If the picture is crap once you've tuned in a telly, you will need to change the frequency on the modulator (21-69) as 9/10 times it will clash with DTV muxes or CCTV frequencies or whatever else is on your system.
Where I am on Winter Hill, all muxes are at the top in the range of 49- 61, with a HD mux on 33 IIRC, also 3G is at 68 so I would choose a channel between 21-30 or late 30's-40's.
Hope this helps.
Thanks so much i will give this a try

digicon
15th May, 2014, 12:26 AM
Winter Hill HD Mux is at C31,C54 - 4G although not broadcasting Fully at present is expected to use the full bandwidth between C60-C68 so avoid the Modulator on any of the top band to avoid 4G