PDA

View Full Version : PS3 NO HARD DRIVE

pooluop
17th June, 2009, 09:26 PM
WHEN I PUT A GAME IN MY PS3 IT COMES UP NO HARD DISC FOUND DOES ANTONE NO WHAT THIS MEANS :rulez:

goterelli24
23rd August, 2009, 05:30 AM
your hard drive may be corrupt. if you can still access the system menu you can try 1 of two things...

1 format the hdd

2 power down the system, remove the HDD, then put it back in sometimes it gets a little loose and comes out just enough to not work.

3. if that fails you need a new HDD that one could be done for.

make sure if you do get a new hdd that the RPM is 5400 because the 7200 though compatible do go out more often on the ps3 than anything.

ostil3
21st October, 2009, 06:44 PM
I must change my hdd (not recognized anymore at boot time)
According to your recommandation on speed i found this one :
SAMSUNG - 2.5pouces 250Go 5400t 8Mo SATA HM250JI
cheap but will Is be recognized ?
(The original is a seagate 40gb)

dazza78
28th October, 2009, 10:05 AM
hdd are easy to install on the ps3 , but NEVER take 1 out and then put it back in to fix a problem ,

as every time you take a hdd out and put it back in it will reformat the drive everytime and youll lose all your game saves etc ,

ive got a 500g in 1 and a 250g in my other ps3 , not had no probs at all
dazza

Raven
28th October, 2009, 12:25 PM
Apologies for hijacking the thread somewhat but I wanna know if 1tb hdd compatible with the PS3 are out yet and if the PS3 reads hard drives that big. I'll need to read up on that.

dazza78
29th October, 2009, 12:18 PM
not sure on that 1 m8 , but i think it should do ! lets us know wot you find out m8?
thanks
dazza

jfish
3rd November, 2009, 06:09 PM
Apologies for hijacking the thread somewhat but I wanna know if 1tb hdd compatible with the PS3 are out yet and if the PS3 reads hard drives that big. I'll need to read up on that.

if you refer to the internal SATA then the largest internal 2.5" SATA drive is 500 GB, but I guess in theory if such a 1TB drive existed, then I can not see an issue with it at all.

also the cost of such a drive would probably be the same as a PS 3

Raven
3rd November, 2009, 07:08 PM
if you refer to the internal SATA then the largest internal 2.5" SATA drive is 500 GB, but I guess in theory if such a 1TB drive existed, then I can not see an issue with it at all.

also the cost of such a drive would probably be the same as a PS 3

Well apparently they are releasing 1terabyte 2.5" SATA drives compatible with the PS3 either in early 2010 if not late 2009, so they are coming.....my question was whether or not they were out yet - as for price I can't see it costing more than double what the 500gb drives do as it's double the space after all. The only real question is will the PS3 read all that space or only 75% of it tops, given that all hard drives don't quite reach the stated capacity.

monila023
30th December, 2009, 04:18 AM
do any of you use an external HD? and if so was it easy to connect with ps3? and once you have a external does that automatically become your primary harddrive? or can i use both at once?

copy ps3 games (http://www.theps3downloadsreview.com) && how to burn ps3 games (http://www.theps3downloadsreview.com)