PDA

View Full Version : Latest Skybox firmware + How to Upgrade by USB

darvash
18th May, 2014, 05:50 PM
This is official software for original Skybox. If you have a clone box Do not try this software

SKYBOX A3 A4 M5
SKYBOX F3S F4S F5S
SKYBOX F5 F4 F3 M3
Openbox_Skybox_S10_S11_S12

How to
Download the file for maching your skybox and extrcat the zip folder
Get a USB flash drive ( any size any make) and save the ******.abs file to your USB main root.

Turn On the SkyBox
1- Press menu and go to tools.
2- Upgrade file by USB
Upgrade mode: image file,
Upgrade file ( the file inside the USB) **** .abs
keeping DBS and settings: NO ( Make sure is No )

3- Press ok on the start.

it will load the firmware and ask you to confirm before installing new firmware.
4- Press Ok and wait until is finished ( it will reboot and load the latest firmware
DONE...

If your box keeps rebooting after flashing new software don`t panic. It is because your box is not original but you can still save it. Just go to my other tread and look how to recover dead skybox/openbox (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/recover-dead-rebooting-skybox-openbox-using-serial-rs232-null-modem-cable-419527/)

portvalefanjosh
19th May, 2014, 10:07 AM
There is nothing on the skybox.cc web site so where is this frimware from?

Hadron
19th May, 2014, 03:49 PM
There is nothing on the skybox.cc web site so where is this frimware from?

Eh? What do you mean "There is nothing on the skybox.cc web site"?

The latest firmware is always on the skybox.cc website.

t23
19th May, 2014, 04:30 PM
He is right I have just looked on skybox.cc as I have the f5 and the latest on there is last year ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hadron
19th May, 2014, 04:50 PM
He is right I have just looked on skybox.cc as I have the f5 and the latest on there is last year ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's because there hasn't been any firmware released for the F5 since last December.

darvash has included the latest firmware for all the boxes from that site.

portvalefanjosh
20th May, 2014, 08:45 AM
The title of the thread says latest firmware, thats what i meant there is not any new firmware.

Hadron
20th May, 2014, 10:08 AM
The title of the thread says latest firmware, thats what i meant there is not any new firmware.

...but it's still the latest firmware. darvash didn't say it was new.

He has included the latest firmware for all the boxes to use in conjunction with updating the boxes by USB.

...keeping DBS and settings: NO ( Make sure is No )...

I don't understand why you emphasize to choose "NO"?

If you want to keep all your important settings, including the channel list, then select "yes".

bigade1
20th May, 2014, 12:16 PM
I don't understand why you emphasize to choose "NO"?

If you want to keep all your important settings, including the channel list, then select "yes".

Yes, I definitely agree with Hadron." Keeping DBS and settings" is a default YES setting unless you want to lose important settings such as your channel list, epg and time settings etc.

bigmikeno1
20th May, 2014, 11:18 PM
Can You Tell Me As A Newbie To This Site ..Thinking Of Buying Skybox F5 What Is The Difference Between Original & Cloned Box & Is It Very Difficult To Keep Upgrading The Box Th@nks Bigmike ..

readychef
5th June, 2014, 07:21 PM
Hi guys. I want update the firmware on my skybox f5s as there are a few channels with just audio only. The problem I have is I don't know how to save my secret settings in case I lose it. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance !!!!