PDA

View Full Version : micra 98 model clutch issue.

cactikid
19th May, 2014, 11:31 PM
had what i thought was a handy number,not changing into gear noticed cable rubber/bush at gearbox burst ,so new cable fitted and adjusted 5 times and every time i pressed cable free play was too much,thought it was clutch or pivot arm that cable hooks onto.
had gearbox out checked clutch which had been replaced recently no cracks or wear,vise grips on bearing carrier and pivot arm no movement lol,looked under dash cannot see **** all bad vision thinking clutch pedal bracket damaged or bulkhead,as only one bolt faces down and 2 up sounds like dash out??
forgot to mention at some time something scored inside of bellhousing and were they standing on clutch then.
anybody do work on them as i remember crappy vw with pedal/box failure:top:

Meat-Head
21st May, 2014, 02:42 PM
Huh sorry eating fried egg sandwich

look at people who do body panels do they do crutch repair to weld to bulk head?

cactikid
21st May, 2014, 10:01 PM
one egg or 2 lol yummy,i told that to her but with bad eyesight could not see eggsactly if broken and then matting covered above it,so possible dash out,not cheap would imagine.

Meat-Head
21st May, 2014, 10:07 PM
Can you not weld screw glue angle iron on outside bulkhead?

cactikid
21st May, 2014, 11:15 PM
nope its where they hid the 2 support bolts not near front bulk head and not in the gully below wiper spindles.
outside bulkhead is ok as platted and not moving.

Meat-Head
22nd May, 2014, 07:31 AM
Not fully understanding what Helsinki (iShit Failiure) nelson Mandela did, can you drill the bots out and replace with 8" threaded bar, leave it hanging out the wiper gully for customer to hang their coat on.

cactikid
22nd May, 2014, 10:15 PM
no car has left the building,needed space for fiesta 1.25 head gasket more money in that lol

Meat-Head
22nd May, 2014, 10:19 PM
Head fagasket off TOOIC shading dk rules selling not aloud

Isf

wwe.steelseal.co.uk

cactikid
22nd May, 2014, 10:33 PM
timing belt,thermostat/housing alen key plugs in head,heater control and discharge of coolant onto gearbox furr ball issue with hoses lol,hmm does daz clean tomato soup out of cooling system hmmm