PDA

View Full Version : no luck in scanning channels (All New Laky-pro-1

wakkaday
12th June, 2008, 04:40 PM
i have installed the laky image which apparently has all the key/roms already in...but when i try and scan channels (using the correct settings) no channels get found...
can anyone help...
i need the service/bouquet files for east london area..tried upload old versions i had, but it just shows a blank screen.

Devilfish
12th June, 2008, 05:38 PM
Try connecting the box to the main feed, without any splitters, and see if you get channels from a scan now.

wakkaday
12th June, 2008, 07:23 PM
ah still no luck. is there anyone that has service bouquet files for east london here? that could send it me...

shall i try another image...as this could be a prob with laky?

bob114
12th June, 2008, 08:49 PM
hi
try a different image laky pro i found seems to favour strong signals
this worked for me

wakkaday
12th June, 2008, 09:12 PM
tried a couple of more images, no luck either.... i seemed to pick up a few channels with laky even though they were fuzzy, but when i restarted dbox , they dissapeared.

just wanted to confirm laky has all the key/roms installed doesn't it...i got it from that toolbar thing...?

ill keep trying..it could just be my connection.

BRIN_1307
13th June, 2008, 01:20 PM
Use BLADE QUAD works fine for me just remember to set your location before you scan

wakkaday
13th June, 2008, 05:19 PM
is blade quad got all the keys etc...is it available for nokia box
will check it out...

also i managed to scan some channels eventually, but i am not getting an image...had a bit of distorting sound for a while, but when i rebooted...i can just navigate through the channels i did find...but no image.

BRIN_1307
13th June, 2008, 05:22 PM
Yes i use BLADE QUAD 2x for my NOKIA DBOX2 u can also get 1x image if u have DBOX1 from the CHATBOX toolbar.

It hass all the keys nagrarom AU fix and CAMS.

Bobbyp20
16th June, 2008, 07:40 PM
Hi Brin1307,
Looks like Blade Quad 1x only on the chatbox toolbar. Where do you suggest I get the 2x one you spoke of with all the goodies
ta
Bobby

Derekwd
16th June, 2008, 07:46 PM
Hi Brin1307,
Looks like Blade Quad 1x only on the chatbox toolbar. Where do you suggest I get the 2x one you spoke of with all the goodies
ta
Bobby

Blade quad 2x is on there as well m8

Derek

Erazor786
16th June, 2008, 11:12 PM
From what you are describing it doesn't seem like the image is the problem. all images are similar and some are specifically tailored for problematic boxes, i.e 1x Sagems.

Try what Devilfish has suggested and attach the box directly to the main feed and get rid of any splitters. Also before u scan, set your location. when scanning chose the correct symbol rate according to what cable provider was in ur area. 6887 is for Ex-Nthell, and 6952 for Ex-T&W.

another thing you could do is check the SNR for the channels. this is the signal strenght. if it below 55k then you will not get a picture and u will get chirpy sound. it needs to be above 60k for a clear pic and sound.

post your results back and someone should assist u further.

Hope that helps m8