PDA

View Full Version : peugeot 307 hdi getting static shocks

paulthecarper
18th June, 2009, 06:07 PM
hi ladds please please help got 03 plate 307 hdi
wife kepps gettig a shock off car now all the electrics have gone to pot fuel gauge int lights come on wipers com no key in
car struggled to start now wont even turn over been told bsi but they want ?500 pound any cheap fixes about
i think it is possessed by the devil

BestGear
18th June, 2009, 06:56 PM
Hi

Weird cars these.. I own one as a runabout.... good on fuel though and ?35 a year tax!

I would rule out static, unless your wife sticks her fingers in connectors often...

I would probably suggest getting the codes scanned first to see what it says.

The whole car is controlled (with few exceptions) by the BSI as you already know... and any device on (one) of the data busses can send or corrupt any other traffic hence being possessed...

It could well be the BSI or could be the instrument panel or COMM unit... without codes we are blind...

My money would be on the COMM unit, given the devices you mention are in that region and bus.

Sorry thats not much help.

David

obd.tech
18th June, 2009, 07:20 PM
someone once told me lecy shocks were to do with the material your underwear was made of....so u better check her out...LOL !

anyway...let us know how u get on.

are u aware of the 3 minute rule for disconnecting the battery?

bsi can get messed by battery/drain probs...think u can reconfig them.

obd

Midlands-autowomble
30th June, 2009, 11:44 PM
Hi,new here,bit of a no brain answer but my friend experienced exactly the same problem with a fiesta st 150,and after various scans,plug ins,checks,re-checks we had to go old school and actually fitted a rubber static strip underneath dragging the floor(remember the 80's styling on cars and vans),im ashamed to say it worked for him lol!!!!