PDA

View Full Version : Citroen C4 Bsi issue - Any ideas?

BigJ
25th May, 2014, 12:08 PM
Hi All.

Have a 2006 Citroen C4 bought in to me. Has had the mileage done. When they put the bsi back in, the ignition comes on immiediately, even though the key is off. The car starts ok, but it wont turn off. You can remove the key but the dash etc stays on and it keeps on running.

I have checked the ignition key switch, it seems ok. Also there are no obvious signs of anything wrong in the bsi.

Can someone please check the attached bsi dumps and see if the original was not corrupted?

Its a Johnson Controls bsi with a 95128 eeprom

Many thanks
Regards
J

88diablo
25th May, 2014, 12:15 PM
Do you have Lexia? Try virgining BSI and reprogram to car.

BigJ
25th May, 2014, 12:39 PM
Thanks mate. No I dont have Lexia but Im gonna do a virgin,.... and virgin the bsi now anyway just to see if it makes a difference. With a virgin bsi, the ignition should turn off at least even though its not coded to the car. Correct?

88diablo
25th May, 2014, 12:58 PM
I would expect so, It certainly shouldn't run at least.

BigJ
25th May, 2014, 01:02 PM
I would expect so, It certainly shouldn't run at least.

Thanks mate. No Ive put in a virgin dump and still the same.

88diablo
25th May, 2014, 01:40 PM
Is there possibly some spilt solder or bad extra joint on board causing short circuit on BSI that causes fault?

BigJ
25th May, 2014, 02:11 PM
nothing that i can see. everything looks ok.

88diablo
25th May, 2014, 02:23 PM
Do you know a friendly breakers yard that will let you try a used BSI before buying? If yes then just plug it in and see if you have same fault, if not then buy BSI and virgin or even try dump from your broken one.

BigJ
25th May, 2014, 02:26 PM
Yeah thanks mate. looks like Im gonna have to try something like that. Thanks for you input none the less mate!

Regards
J

Zmann
25th May, 2014, 04:18 PM
To do so, be prepared to get over mileage by the over mileage BSI.

captain crackers
25th May, 2014, 07:11 PM
Why don't you tell the customer to take it back to the person who caused the problem? I would not be attempting to repair someone else's mistakes!

88diablo
25th May, 2014, 07:17 PM
Why don't you tell the customer to take it back to the person who caused the problem? I would not be attempting to repair someone else's mistakes!

I love taking on other peoples mistakes. Price =price x think of a number. ;-)

simaservis1108
25th May, 2014, 07:21 PM
If I am correct your BSI should have a flash inside.That get's corrupted with some tools.You can try and reprogram flash memory,it can be found here on forum.PCB photos would certanly help.

Best regards,
Sima

leandroks
25th May, 2014, 07:29 PM
have a look on the master fuse on bsi it is a green one usually, it has a factory and customer position... try to invert it...

BigJ
25th May, 2014, 07:38 PM

Person who caused the problem bought it to me, I think customer told 'em to get the s#!% fixed!

BigJ
25th May, 2014, 07:40 PM
I love taking on other peoples mistakes. Price =price x think of a number. ;-)

You said it!

BigJ
25th May, 2014, 07:42 PM
If I am correct your BSI should have a flash inside.That get's corrupted with some tools.You can try and reprogram flash memory,it can be found here on forum.PCB photos would certanly help.

Best regards,
Sima

Thanks mate. Ill look into that. But I can see the 95128 was removed so i dont think any "special tool" was used. I will find out though.

BigJ
25th May, 2014, 07:45 PM
have a look on the master fuse on bsi it is a green one usually, it has a factory and customer position... try to invert it...

Thanks mate.
Done that already. When i swap it to factory position, things are a bit different. Everything stays off untill the key is turned. then all comes on and it can start. But thats it. Wont turn off after that either.