PDA

View Full Version : If it aint broke dont fixit

gazza@gclarke.fsbusiness.
12th June, 2008, 10:37 PM
Is the above a good guide for Dbox images...
I've just recently flashed a (Fairly old) sporster image and all seems to work other than the occasional freeze which 3 outta 4 times is fixed just by changing channel or sometimes reboot .Everyone seems to be talking about better newer images (Laky Pro etc). Is it worthwhile flahing .
What are the risks involved,. if you have a back up of your original image and the new one doesn't work can you somehow still get the old one back...
Please remember when saying the risk that i'm probably low to low medium experience in this field.Any comments would be appreciated.#

Jaffa
12th June, 2008, 10:47 PM
I've just recently flashed a (Fairly old) sporster image and all seems to work other than the occasional freeze which 3 outta 4 times is fixed just by changing channel or sometimes reboot .Everyone seems to be talking about better newer images (Laky Pro etc). Is it worthwhile flahing .
What are the risks involved,. if you have a back up of your original image and the new one doesn't work can you somehow still get the old one back...
Please remember when saying the risk that i'm probably low to low medium experience in this field.Any comments would be appreciated.#

Yes you can back up your image and if you want go back to it no problems. I like Blade Quad and Laky pro because the have excellent picture quality and great menus.

Dont worry about the risk....theres nothing that cant be solved by someone on here. Some smart cookies about and they are always willing to help.

I stick to the images which are made by members of this forum because I know the suport is 2nd to known.

Just back up your services and bouquets and go for it. You will learn more if you do that, even if you dont like the images you can go back but you will still have learned something.

plasterer
12th June, 2008, 11:01 PM
Thats right mate
Theres no harm in trying things out
And its virtually impossible to harm the box
If you follow the given instuctions
My Vote out of them 2 goes to Blade Quad hands down
The pic is the Best have seen in 5 years on these boxes ......Paul

MetMan
12th June, 2008, 11:55 PM

first bit of advice i had for the dbox was save...save and save.oh and nearly forgot save ...every time u make the slightest of changes always save ur img with name and date....easy to do and for 8meg of space each time well worth it....get use to ftp and it's a piece of pi$$..just make sure it's the right img 1x or 2x for ur box....

ruprect
13th June, 2008, 09:30 AM
If you have a chirpy freezing sagem then you definitely want a image with gbox, andromeda or quad.

I also like the features of Xenafan images, customised menus, area scan, virtual zap, no reboot needed for many changes.