PDA

View Full Version : Skybox Firmware

cjjthedon
1st June, 2014, 10:58 PM
Is there a link anywhere for the latest firmware? I've got a f5s.
Many thanks.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6012X using Tapatalk

DigitalVandal
2nd June, 2014, 01:11 AM
Go to Google, type in skybox firmware, click on skybox site, go to downloads section, click on f3s and f5s firmware.

shaunfree
2nd June, 2014, 01:22 AM
Is there a link anywhere for the latest firmware? I've got a f5s.
Many thanks.

have a look here mate SkyBox HD F3s & F5s Firmware 4/4/14 - Downloads - Digital Kaos (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/firmware/36/skybox-hd-f3s-f5s-firmware-4-4-14-2956/) also pm sent cheers shaun

cjjthedon
2nd June, 2014, 01:47 AM
Cheers guys I'll try it out :-)

Hadron
2nd June, 2014, 10:41 AM
The firmware in shaunfree's link isn't the latest. It still has the BST bug.

For the latest genuine firmware you need to go to skybox.cc. Although it sometimes redirects you after a while to "another" site.

I have attached the latest F3s/F5s firmware in this post. (firmware dated 11/4/14 which gives correct EPG times)

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/crime-1-no-picture-but-got-sound-419116/#post2296518

afterburn
2nd June, 2014, 11:30 AM
Is it absolutely necessary to update firmware? Mines December 2013. Everything seems fine except you tube videos don't seem to load. Would this fix this?

Hadron
2nd June, 2014, 11:47 AM
Is it absolutely necessary to update firmware? Mines December 2013. Everything seems fine except you tube videos don't seem to load. Would this fix this?

There is no mention of a You tube fix since Dec 2013, although I have the latest firmware on my F5s & my You Tube is working OK.

The main reason I updated to latest firmware, was to fix the "summer time" EPG bug, & to cure the "sound only" problem on some channels.

coopershels
29th August, 2014, 05:10 PM
Hey there,

If you do a firmware update would it remove the channel subscription, I only just go one of these boxes and I'm just trying to get clued in on everything about it. Sometimes when I change the channels about there's an intermittent sound drop on some channels until I restart the box, does anyone know how to fix this.

Cheers lads.

WhaleTrain
29th August, 2014, 06:27 PM
Hey there,

If you do a firmware update would it remove the channel subscription, I only just go one of these boxes and I'm just trying to get clued in on everything about it. Sometimes when I change the channels about there's an intermittent sound drop on some channels until I restart the box, does anyone know how to fix this.

Cheers lads.

Although people say this, my experiences are the other way. For some reason, a firmware update wipes everything apart from my xxxx. For some reason this stays even with "Keep DBS and Settings" set to no. From my POV maybe try updating your box?