PDA

View Full Version : Not reading discs

Ballistic
19th June, 2009, 10:52 PM
Hi guys, a friend has a ps3 that suddenly wont read any of his game discs( forgot to ask if it will read movies/music) . I know he can get online and on the psn.

Any ideas on what it might be as he wants to try and fix it himself.

TIA

B

dik
23rd June, 2009, 03:59 PM
Common fault is the laser, have a look on fleabay

tyson36
24th August, 2009, 11:26 PM
It sounds like your blu ray drive has gone, it is usually the laser...however they cost around the ?70 mark....you can get a faulty ps3 from the fleebay for around the same price they are fairly easy to change round. If you have your warrenty sticker intact, sony will fix it for free! give them a ring 0870 5998877

armin310
27th August, 2009, 09:36 AM
try cleaning the laser ;)

jfish
20th September, 2009, 07:58 PM
Hi guys, a friend has a ps3 that suddenly wont read any of his game discs( forgot to ask if it will read movies/music) . I know he can get online and on the psn.

Any ideas on what it might be as he wants to try and fix it himself.

TIA

B

had same problem last week, when I inserted game no disc icon in Game option, called up Sony, they asked if a DVD would play and it did, so the BlueRay player was ok, problem is corruption to the hard drive - had to do a full system restore and this fixed it, however lost all my settings etc.

big-hol
28th September, 2009, 12:05 PM
my friends has also done this recently, he phoned up sony and they said send it back for a repair, was still in warrenty though so they had too...... said it was most probably the laser had been dis mounted slightly from its propa seated position...... probably an easy fix if your ps3 is not in warranty i would imagine!!!!!!

ashali152
17th October, 2009, 10:56 AM
Common fault is the laser it still maybe in warrenty phone up sony if you try fixing by your own then take your time opening it have alook around on youtub on how to open a ps3

nadeem69
21st October, 2009, 01:31 PM
i had the same problem turns out the laser had packed up took it back to the shop got a replacement. took back a 40gig got in return a 120gig

ashali152
21st October, 2009, 02:03 PM
some shop don't do 40gig anymore so they replace with what they have in your case 120gig