PDA

View Full Version : motorised dish on an f5s??

alienkargo
5th June, 2014, 11:29 PM
As the title says,I was wondering if any of the members are using a movable dish on an f5s? I'm thinking of getting one to try and getting rid of the old s*y dish.what can I expect? Ive been told an 80cm dish will pick up most satelites?Plus if anyone can point me to a good supplier etc etc .cheers Mark.

darcu5
5th June, 2014, 11:52 PM
i used one on a motorised dish, 80cm, set to usals it worked fine, just a limit to the amount of channels it will hold i think, scan for tv channels instead of tv and radio and delete duplicates and crap you will never watch, got alot of sats from 28.e to 30w.. shed loads of different providers

gilvey
6th June, 2014, 05:13 AM
Is 80cm big enough to find all the Prem footy?

lee11168
6th June, 2014, 09:10 AM
I was running a skybox f5 on a motorised set up. Its ok for a starter but they only hold about 5000 channels so you wont find a channel list you will have to make your own. spend a little bit extra and get a better box. As for football you will get some but not all of it without a lot bigger dish. Speak to digicon on the forum he supplied and fitted mine. Never had any problems and he is always there to help if your stuck

dj1891
6th June, 2014, 07:18 PM
I did have mine on a motorised dish, problem I had was if channels changed and you rescanned it didn't have the sense to notice duplicates so with every scan on a particular satellite you got a duplicate meaning the box filled up very quick

alienkargo
7th June, 2014, 12:35 AM
Cheers guys.I thought if i get the dish first and play around with a few sats,then maybe I'd upgrade my box later on.I just wondered if any of you guys have the dish wall mounted like a standard s*y dish or does it have to be up on a pole over the guttering to get a free pan from east to west (if that makes sense)?

darcu5
7th June, 2014, 11:20 AM
south facing wall or as near as you can. i stuck mine to shed then i didnt have climb up ladders, scared of heights lol, put 2 t backets and a scaffold pole to shed and stuck motor and dish on it