View Full Version : dbox2 won`t boot

umgum
13th June, 2008, 06:33 AM
my m8 has given me his box which he has tried flashing with something
don`t know what
now all it does is have kein system on the front
when i use ifa the kein system disappears and 5 black sqaures appear
i have null modem cable connected and network cable connected
what settings should be on my network card as the green light on the card doesn`t come on and it says cable not connected

when i start the box in tech details ifa has
debug
BOOT/TPTFTP bootstraploader (v0.3)
debug transmitting BOOTTP request via broadcast
debug given up BOOTTP/TFTP boot
boot net failed

at the bottom it says elfcopy failed:16
dbox2:root>

has he killed his box or can it be reflashed

MAXELL
13th June, 2008, 08:01 AM
just keep trying to reflash it should go with dboxifa some times it can take upto 20 times to go timing of powering up is hard to get.

uglybloke1
13th June, 2008, 08:04 AM
have a look a this thread this is what i had to do as i got the same as you are getting and it worked for me http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1531 :barscarf:

Dowie
13th June, 2008, 08:54 AM
Hi mate you'll need a null modem cable and reflash with IFA its pretty easy but you need to find out which image type 1x or 2x

(Null modem cables are serial so if your using a laptop you'll need a usb to serial adaptor!)

Dowie

umgum
13th June, 2008, 03:07 PM
have a look a this thread this is what i had to do as i got the same as you are getting and it worked for me http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1531 :barscarf:

what do i type where it say you will now need to type in the following command

uglybloke1
13th June, 2008, 03:16 PM
what it says in red let as know how you get on :elefant:

umgum
13th June, 2008, 03:52 PM
what it says in red let as know how you get on :elefant:

this is what it says

The file transfer take about 5 minutes and in hyperterminal no announcement appears about the process of the transfer.

You will now need to type in the following command and hit enter.
This will start the u-boot file we just transferred.

uglybloke1
13th June, 2008, 04:05 PM
chorus 800000 which is in red as i said :guns:

umgum
13th June, 2008, 05:09 PM
got to the end of the tut and it says
copy to flash....flash not erased

and then just hangs

uglybloke1
13th June, 2008, 08:40 PM
have you tried on tv after that to see if it has worked if not you have missed something out so try again :rangers2:

umgum
14th June, 2008, 10:27 AM
when i get to part2 i get this http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/umgum/silver.jpg

<--umgum added 46 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...-->

ok think it has done i just ignored the message but still says loading kernal on box di leave it or just reboot now

<--umgum added 63 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...-->

got blade on it now but no channels what now

<--umgum added 29 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...-->

won`t even scan for channels

uglybloke1
14th June, 2008, 04:00 PM
try putting on another image but this time ftp image what box have you got 1x or 2x will sent you a pm :rangers2:

umgum
14th June, 2008, 07:12 PM
all done now thanks my m8 is well chuffed

testestest
15th June, 2008, 12:05 PM
sagem dbox2 in barnsley south yorkshire. Lost all channels in april on blade trinity 2.0 so did the fix which was about at the time and just got terrestrial channels back. as the football season was coming to the end i wasn't too fussed but now it's time to get it back for the US open tonight! can anyone recommend the blade quad? ta

BRIN_1307
16th June, 2008, 01:18 PM
the hyperterminal guide really helped me because my box went to loading screen then went straight to standby, couldnt use IFA because of this but that hyperterminal guide really helps. Managed to reflah my box using it.

<--BRIN_1307 added 1 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...-->

sagem dbox2 in barnsley south yorkshire. Lost all channels in april on blade trinity 2.0 so did the fix which was about at the time and just got terrestrial channels back. as the football season was coming to the end i wasn't too fussed but now it's time to get it back for the US open tonight! can anyone recommend the blade quad? ta

BLADE QUAD is a very good image probly best one out it has all fixes and cams so you just flash then SET LOCATION then SERVICE SCAN for channels

need anymore help then just ask m8