PDA

View Full Version : blue screen

wryhulkhogan
20th June, 2009, 06:59 PM
hi , turn on laptop and all I get is blue screen saying windows had to close down to stop computer been damaged , have tried safe mode , have no back up discs anyone any ideas cheers

mtv1
20th June, 2009, 07:02 PM
did it come with windows installed have you any disk ie xp or vista

cunny
21st June, 2009, 11:02 AM
Yeah i plenty of ideas lol....

First off we need to find out what the stop code is. On the blue screen there will be a stop code, can you post it.

wryhulkhogan
21st June, 2009, 12:08 PM
00X00190203, 0X853D24C0,0XC0000102, 0X00000000.:pcguru:

cunny
21st June, 2009, 12:21 PM
Is there a first bit, not the 1s in brackets?

wryhulkhogan
21st June, 2009, 12:42 PM
0X00000024:pcguru: CHEERS

themack
21st June, 2009, 12:54 PM
The problem is caused by bad memroy chip or harddrive boot sector corruption. All information on your harddrive is still intack if you are running IDE or simple SATA connection and formats in FAT/MTFS so becareful as to not corrupt it. Depending on which is more important the files on your harddrive or starting the system you need to start changing hardware to find out just what problem you have that is keeping windows from starting..

wryhulkhogan
21st June, 2009, 12:57 PM
What can I try to solve problem ?:pcguru:

cunny
21st June, 2009, 03:34 PM
What can I try to solve problem ?:pcguru:

A total format an reinstal of the os would do the trick.

It looks like its a corrupt ntfs.sys file.

wryhulkhogan
21st June, 2009, 07:18 PM
could u give me step by guide please :pcguru:
A total format an reinstal of the os would do the trick.

It looks like its a corrupt ntfs.sys file.

cunny
21st June, 2009, 08:36 PM
insert installation cd/dvd, set bios boot to cd/dvd, when boot from cd appears, hit any key, follow on screen instructions, also have your windows key at the ready

wryhulkhogan
22nd June, 2009, 12:32 AM
hav no discs ?lol

luckwon
22nd June, 2009, 12:33 AM
I'm still having problems with mine.

jatu
22nd June, 2009, 03:39 AM
The error code is documented here: Windows?2000 Stop Messages (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc939018.aspx)

You might want to try downloading a linux live cd/dvd such as knoppix. You could use this to recover the data, to test the memory (type memtest at startup), and hopefully to fix the problem.

A guide for recovery using knoppix can be found here:
Computer First Aid Using Knoppix (http://www.shockfamily.net/cedric/knoppix/)

A dvd version of Knoppix can be downloaded from here:
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix-dvd/KNOPPIX_V5.3.1DVD-2008-03-26-EN.iso
and needs to be burned onto dvd (e.g. with Image Burn)

If there is nothing important on the disk you can reinstall windows but will need to obtain disks to do this, (you can try ringing the manufacturer and asking for recovery disks.)

Guides for reinstalling windows here and here:
How to Reinstall Windows Without Losing Your Data (http://pcworld.about.com/magazine/2109p156id111652.htm)
Step-By-Step: Reinstall Windows - PC World (http://www.pcworld.com/article/105866/stepbystep_reinstall_windows.html)

Hope this helps :proud:

wryhulkhogan
22nd June, 2009, 02:06 PM
when i run KNOPPIX it goes so far ,last 2 lines read: error: cannot unite read only media and inital ramdisk, read only dvd system successfully merged with read-write/ramdisk, init: line1013: cannot create/var/run/utmp:nonexistant directory kernel panic -not syncing: attempted to kill init , what the f"""k does that mean:hmmmm2::eek:

wryhulkhogan
23rd June, 2009, 08:54 PM
downloaded cd knoppix and it worked ' was able to see everything on hard drive but its in german:hmmmm2: will I be able to transfer files to usb stick ps : does anyone know german for copy and paste:eek:

dik
24th June, 2009, 11:24 AM
downloaded cd knoppix and it worked ' was able to see everything on hard drive but its in german:hmmmm2: will I be able to transfer files to usb stick ps : does anyone know german for copy and paste:eek:

Kopieren und Einf?gen

chroma
25th June, 2009, 02:15 AM
Kopieren und Einf?gen

DAS IST FORBODEN

obligitory Ezsett spam :p
???????????????????????????????
ALT+225 for the win.

Man i love german, any song sung in german sounds hardcore as proven by Tool singing about a cake recipe with NO EGGS :)

Und keine eier.
first additional language i learned outside of programming languages, back in primary school for some reason everyone got taught german.

wryhulkhogan
7th July, 2009, 10:04 AM
problem solved I downloaded KILLDISK and wiped clean the hard drive so I had a support disc for my MEDION desktop and used it and installed VISTA and everything is working great so thx to everyone for all the help provided :congrats:

caveman_nige
10th July, 2009, 01:00 PM
thats the easy way to fix it bud... I have just read this and am surprised nobody gave you any links to proper tools and fix CDs that would have repaired your existing installation. Oh well next time we will show how to actaully fix this instead of going for a reload..

Wale04
17th September, 2010, 06:13 PM
Caveman;

Please could you kindly point me in the direction where i can get easy fix for similar problem with my desktop runnning on XP.

Thx:

:celticparty: