PDA

View Full Version : Longest Day.

Mr Pumpy
20th June, 2009, 09:59 PM
Tomorrow/Today/Yesterday, depending on when you read this post.
Make the most of it as the nights'll be drawing in and it'll soon be winter.

forntida
21st June, 2009, 12:19 AM
Tomorrow/Today/Yesterday, depending on when you read this post.
Make the most of it as the nights'll be drawing in and it'll soon be winter.

Look on the cheery side, it is also the first official day of summer in the northern hemisphere.:D

tcrapper
21st June, 2009, 12:49 AM
Thanks for reminding me that it's all down hill from now. I hate dark nights!

chroma
21st June, 2009, 03:36 AM
Ah the summer solstice, long nights. Pleasant weather and Zaphod running around stonehedge in the buff.
You have to love this special time of year.
Its also my mom and dad's anniversary.

gmb45
21st June, 2009, 04:42 AM
Ah the summer solstice, long nights. Pleasant weather and Zaphod running around stonehedge in the buff.
You have to love this special time of year.
Its also my mom and dad's anniversary. :eek: zap running round naked :eek: :puke: :puke: :puke: dont even go there m8

Mjolinor
21st June, 2009, 05:11 AM
Once you get over 50 they all seem about 7 hours per day, 4 days per week and 20 weeks per year.

chroma
21st June, 2009, 05:12 AM
nowt wrong with a bit of running around in your birthday suit in the middle of a circle of druids with the 4th zepplin album blasting out full blast.

Everyone does that from time to time right?
Does the body good to cut loose once in a while.

Gives a whole new meaning to "If theres a bustle in your hedgerow, dont be alarmed now."

gmb45
21st June, 2009, 05:42 AM
nowt wrong with a bit of running around in your birthday suit in the middle of a circle of druids with the 4th zepplin album blasting out full blast.

Everyone does that from time to time right?
Does the body good to cut loose once in a while.

Gives a whole new meaning to "If theres a bustle in your hedgerow, dont be alarmed now." maybe m8 but zap naked :eek: :puke: i just thought there might be loads of crumpet about in the buff :D how far is stonehenge ?

zaphodbb
21st June, 2009, 07:07 AM
[QUOTE=chroma;214328]Ah the summer solstice, long nights. Pleasant weather and Zaphod running around stonehedge in the buff.

ah so you were the guy taking pics of my junk when i was doin my druid dance routine ... i will have 12 10x8 glossys please ta :D

Mr Pumpy
21st June, 2009, 08:26 AM
Mrs Pumpy and myself will be doing our annual pagan ritual in the back garden tonight.
Running around the daisies in the niff brandishing pigs bladders on sticks, followed by a nice cuppa tea and a piece of cake. :D

forntida
21st June, 2009, 09:01 AM
I wonder how many people turned to one of the 'big' religions after reading the above posts?:D

Mr Pumpy
21st June, 2009, 09:26 AM
I wonder how many people turned to one of the 'big' religions after reading the above posts?:D

You'll be doing it tonight...don't forget the cake though.

forntida
21st June, 2009, 09:31 AM
You'll be doing it tonight...don't forget the cake though.

Might do it this afternoon. Off to a castle for my lunch. Did not know growed ups were allowed on those bouncy things.:D

zaphodbb
21st June, 2009, 09:33 AM
Might do it this afternoon. Off to a castle for my lunch. Did not know growed ups were allowed on those bouncy things.:D

yea sure forntida there called tits been using them for years m8 :D

forntida
21st June, 2009, 09:35 AM
yea sure forntida there called tits been using them for years m8 :D

Are those the things you put grease in? Maybe I am thinking of nipples.:D

Mr Pumpy
21st June, 2009, 06:30 PM
In the words of Homer Simpson "Mmmmmmm nipples"

forntida
21st June, 2009, 09:12 PM

It wan't a bouncy one. This is where I was taken for my fathers day lunch. Unfortunately it rained all day. Enjoyable nevertheless.:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/bigboab/DSC_0014.jpg

maca
21st June, 2009, 09:21 PM
looks like a grand place m8

Mr Pumpy
21st June, 2009, 09:30 PM
Very nice Forntiddler.
Come on then, where is it? what did you have to eat?? And what was it like???

forntida
21st June, 2009, 10:26 PM
It is Culzean Castle in Ayrshire. About 25 miles from where I live. I used to live about 2 miles from the castle when I was between the age of 6 and 12. It has a very large country park with various features. I just had a normal lunch in the restaurant just to the right of that pic I took. You can't see the rain in the pic. Here is a pic I took of the other side of the castle.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/bigboab/DSC_0006-1.jpg

President Eisenhower was given a private flat in the castle just after the war. I saw him receive the freedom of the local town when I stayed down there.

There is another castle about 500 yards from where I stay now. It also has a country park of which I stay right on the edge. More important to some of the members here is the fact that the Johnnie Walker bottling plant is only one mile from my house.:D

http://www.aboutbritain.com/CulzeanCastle.htm

Mr Pumpy
22nd June, 2009, 06:46 PM
Just had a look on the Culzean Castle website, thats some place.
Its look really good inside, there's some good piccy's on their site. Must be nice living near such nice places.

forntida
22nd June, 2009, 07:09 PM
Here is a link to the country park whose perimeter is about 20 yards from my front door. The good thing about this one is that it has two rivers running through two wooded glens and converging near the castle. It is free to everyone.

dean castle and country park (http://www.deancastle.com/park/gallery.asp?town=&ftext=&pid=1975&g)=

Mr Pumpy
22nd June, 2009, 07:17 PM
Here is a link to the country park whose perimeter is about 20 yards from my front door. The good thing about this one is that it has two rivers running through two wooded glens and converging near the castle. It is free to everyone.

dean castle and country park (http://www.deancastle.com/park/gallery.asp?town=&ftext=&pid=1975&g)=

Oh man...What a nice place to have on your doorstep, i'd be in there all the time.

chroma
23rd June, 2009, 02:07 AM
My inlaws had a place in Maybole, all i can remember about traveling to ayreshire was the god damned average speed cameras, a total nightmare.

Culzean is nice though.

forntida
23rd June, 2009, 08:09 AM
My inlaws had a place in Maybole, all i can remember about traveling to ayreshire was the god damned average speed cameras, a total nightmare.

Culzean is nice though.

I went to Kirkoswald school and also spent three months at Carrick Academy before I moved to Prestwick. I stayed between Kirkoswald and Maidens. We had a lovely panoramic view of Maidens, Turnberry, Culzean Estate(as it was then)Ailsa Craig and Arran in the distance. Went to the pictures in Maybole. aah! Memories of childhood.

Mr Pumpy
23rd June, 2009, 06:20 PM
I went to Kirkoswald school and also spent three months at Carrick Academy before I moved to Prestwick. I stayed between Kirkoswald and Maidens. We had a lovely panoramic view of Maidens, Turnberry, Culzean Estate(as it was then)Ailsa Craig and Arran in the distance. Went to the pictures in Maybole. aah! Memories of childhood.

Eeeee when I was a lad..........:)

forntida
23rd June, 2009, 07:33 PM
Eeeee when I was a lad..........:)

I know. There were no schools to go to. We were that poor the woman next door gave birth to me.

You don't know hard. We were that poor we thought Oliver Twist was a Yuppie.