PDA

View Full Version : Issue with HD channels Skybox f5

Markhus1
13th June, 2014, 10:57 AM
Hi there I would say im partially a newbie
Had my skybox f5 for 6 months recently Sky1 HD and sky movies hd do not appear any longer?
Also how do I get the new sky sports 5 channel

I ran a blind scan last night of single satellite and saw sky sports 5 go through the channel list but when going back to channels it was not there

Can someone give me tips on updating channel list and what is the "AJ" list please advise
greatly appreciated
:joyous::smile:

martin035
13th June, 2014, 11:07 AM
HD channels getting blocked via a new encryption method used by $ky, see this thread;

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/history-hd-net-geo-hd-gone-more-415292/

'AJ' is a forum member, who in his spare time makes channel lists. Just download AJ's channel list from here, latest is 11/6/14, make sure to use winzip or 7zip to get the .dbs file you require

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/aj-s-sky-uk-channel-list-only-thread-updated-regularly-358725/index6.html

Then follow the instructions here on how to install;

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/openbox-setup-guide-257009/

SS5 is under testing at the moment but is included in AJ latest channel list. More info in the red sticky at the top of the forum

Markhus1
13th June, 2014, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the info martin 035 was wondering how do you run this aj list on your skybox f5 I have never done it before. Also when do you think there will be a fix for the hd channels that have got blocked. bludy annoyance I think but hey we have SD :) for the time being.

hfxlad
13th June, 2014, 12:27 PM
markhus1 have a read of the red highlighted promps at the top of the page this will tell you evaerything you need to no.and if it isnt there then just search for it in the search box as there will be something related to any problems you may have.because many ppl have ad the the same probs in the past.and it will help you understand more about your box.

martin035
13th June, 2014, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the info martin 035 was wondering how do you run this aj list on your skybox f5 I have never done it before.

Follow the link I provided to the openbox guide, it's a very good guide, well made especially for newbies to install the channel list ie the 'TP_PROG.dbs' file, to access the channel list once installed it either via the 'fav' or 'epg' button

Also when do you think there will be a fix for the hd channels that have got blocked. bludy annoyance I think but hey we have SD :) for the time being.

$ky italia got the new encryption over a year ago and there still isn't a fix for it, so as you correctly stated enjoy the SD whilst it lasts, I know I will :top:

truthteller
16th June, 2014, 09:43 PM
Hi when I go to skysp4hd I get put onto skysp1 hd,i have lost hd on sport 3 and 4 now and history,my ?? is due in July........should I bother???? also does anyone else get the sports 4 thing the same as me??

martin035
16th June, 2014, 10:58 PM
my ?? is due in July........should I bother????

Lol, well, rumoured all paid HD channels off by the end of the month and how long SD last is anybodies guess, so be careful spending your ?? as I'm not sure there's a money back guarantee.
As to your problem of mixed up channels, try an up to date channel list.

truthteller
16th June, 2014, 11:17 PM
Ive updated a few times but still get skysp1 when I select skysp4 hd....weird......my mates does the same,to be honest all I want for my ???? is a decent run on the footie next season,just wondering if this is the end ??? I aint bothered if it aint hd ...sd will do for me.......... how long did the sd 's work for in Italy??? 50 squids 50 squid after all ;)

martin035
17th June, 2014, 12:01 AM
Ive updated a few times but still get skysp1 when I select skysp4 hd....weird......my mates does the same,to be honest all I want for my ???? is a decent run on the footie next season,just wondering if this is the end ??? I aint bothered if it aint hd ...sd will do for me.......... how long did the sd 's work for in Italy??? 50 squids 50 squid after all ;)

Which channel list are you using, as both AJ's and Sattv's channel lists removed ss4 HD as this channel got blocked by sky on the 5/6/14, so if you have the latest channel list there is no ss4 HD to choose.