PDA

View Full Version : Cummins incal question

gonzagnr
13th June, 2014, 03:26 PM
Dear friends,
I have been using insite for a few time, but never used incal.
I have read the cummins insite manual, but i have a doubt, if i am conected to a truck, then i go to calibration selection, and i click over my incal disc and choose autodect calibration, the program will take me to a folder full of calibrations and will select one for default.
Lets say my engine is 3.9 and has 148hp, but there are other calibrations for the SAME engine with 170hp, but the ecm code is DIFERENT, can i load that calibration to my ecm or i can only load the one selected by default (that one has the same HP as my engine, no hp gain).
Thank you in advance.
Regards.

gonzagnr
16th June, 2014, 01:10 AM
bump!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roy Suryadwiananda
16th June, 2014, 08:33 AM
Dear friends,
I have been using insite for a few time, but never used incal.
I have read the cummins insite manual, but i have a doubt, if i am conected to a truck, then i go to calibration selection, and i click over my incal disc and choose autodect calibration, the program will take me to a folder full of calibrations and will select one for default.
Lets say my engine is 3.9 and has 148hp, but there are other calibrations for the SAME engine with 170hp, but the ecm code is DIFERENT, can i load that calibration to my ecm or i can only load the one selected by default (that one has the same HP as my engine, no hp gain).
Thank you in advance.
Regards.

I've tried and that is different from 435 hp to 550 hp, consequently besides wasteful of fuel, engine heat and quickly broken. so I'm back with the same calibration file code. So my advice seek the same calibration file code (ECM Code) with your engine.

gonzagnr
16th June, 2014, 05:02 PM
Dear Roy,
thank you for your advice.
435 to 550 is a very big change, i was only looking for a 20 30hp increase, so are you telling me that diferent calibrations for the same engine with different ecm will work??? (despite is not the more advisable in your opinion)

alsop
18th June, 2014, 08:38 AM
Before changing HP go to this post and read about what can happen when changing HP
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f166/cummins-calterm-86145/index185.html#post1991779

Roy Suryadwiananda
19th June, 2014, 05:20 AM
Dear Roy,
thank you for your advice.
435 to 550 is a very big change, i was only looking for a 20 30hp increase, so are you telling me that diferent calibrations for the same engine with different ecm will work??? (despite is not the more advisable in your opinion)

Okay, parameters much the same......Wouuuw, why not ? ,lets you try,...go ahead.