PDA

View Full Version : old games on backup loaders

undercoverjamil
21st June, 2009, 01:21 PM
hi i have version 4.0 on my wii and whenever u try to play a old copied game on the wii, the screen just turns black and the wii remote unsynchronises. So far the only game that i can play is cooking mama. Does anyone no how to get these other game working.

DiddyDave
22nd June, 2009, 08:04 AM
Is this via a softmod or mod chip..? If it it a softmod was the update to V4 done via the Nintendo update if so this is the problem as the proper update to version 4 does whipe out the softmod and you will have to redo the softmod. There are other ways to do this now such as the BannerBomb method I have not tested this my self but other people here have.

undercoverjamil
22nd June, 2009, 05:36 PM
Is this via a softmod or mod chip..? If it it a softmod was the update to V4 done via the Nintendo update if so this is the problem as the proper update to version 4 does whipe out the softmod and you will have to redo the softmod. There are other ways to do this now such as the BannerBomb method I have not tested this my self but other people here have.

i am doing this via softmod and i have re-softmodded my wii with bannerbomb. I updated through the nintendo server but that shouldn't make a difference. The only game that works is cooking mama for some reason and i am going to try virtua tennis 09 once i have downloaded it.

DiddyDave
23rd June, 2009, 03:04 PM
How are you playing the game via DVD or HD Loader..?

undercoverjamil
23rd June, 2009, 04:57 PM
How are you playing the game via DVD or HD Loader..?

backup loader because i have given up on hd loaders for a bit.

Oh yeah and the virtua tennis didn't work either.That is a toatle of 50 disks gone to waste, as only one of them worked.
should have just bought one of the games.

undercoverjamil
23rd June, 2009, 08:03 PM
does it matter that i used regionfrii to change the region of some of these games to pal from ntsc. my wii is pal. and on the gbatemp site it says ntsc version of virtua tennis should work on pal wii. Shall i try it without changing the region?

DiddyDave
23rd June, 2009, 08:07 PM
backup loader because i have given up on hd loaders for a bit.

Oh yeah and the virtua tennis didn't work either.That is a toatle of 50 disks gone to waste, as only one of them worked.
should have just bought one of the games.

Sorry to here you are getting some bad luck with your wii I dont use DVD's any more as I'm really happy with the HD Loader. Can you please humer me and try this on your wii it is a HD Loader

Downloads ?(USB Loader GX)? (http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads)

undercoverjamil
24th June, 2009, 04:47 PM
i have already got that but i don't have a spare usb to format for the wii.