PDA

View Full Version : updating my sky box

steve19830
15th June, 2014, 10:26 PM
Please can someone help me. I have the upgrade I need but it won't work. someone said before putting it on my usb I need to run it through win rare but my pc won't let me put win rar on. Please can antone help me pleasee.

westkill
16th June, 2014, 06:36 AM
not sure what box you have ? but i guess you mean winrar a zipped file i think if so download a programe called 7 zip then once installed right click on the file you want to open choose 7zip and extract the file if thats what you mean lol

ramjet
16th June, 2014, 09:19 AM
as above, use a free zip or rar file tool like 7zip to extract the files from the original rar or zip
this is a pc issue and nothing to do with satellite or your box for that matter , so should have been posted in the pc forum here

readychef
17th June, 2014, 01:44 AM
Please can someone help me. I have the upgrade I need but it won't work. someone said before putting it on my usb I need to run it through win rare but my pc won't let me put win rar on. Please can antone help me pleasee.

Steve check out ........ Latest Skybox firmware + How to Upgrade by USB... Its on Sat forum openbox/skybox.... page 4. Its a full tutorial. Great help. I followed it step by step and it worked a dream....

Also when its done... to get your 3 layer channel search back. Go to M/P on your remote select GUI config ..... it will be on whole change to three. That's it.... Enjoy