PDA

View Full Version : Kryptview Firmware Loading Guide / Tutorial.

Pages : [1] 2

HiTeck
22nd June, 2009, 12:22 AM
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu112/Techkings/cables.png

If you have a PC/Laptop with a 9 pin serial socket then all you need is a Null Modem Cable, see pic below.

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq13/HiTeck1979/Cablesrequired-3.png

If you have a PC/Laptop that doesn't have the 9 pin serial socket you will need a Null Modem Cable and a USB adapter, See pic below.

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq13/HiTeck1979/Cablesrequiredwithusb-2.png

If you have a PC and you are struggling with the usb adapter or you have Vista like me you could install a PCI serial card which is easily added to you PC and with this all you need is the null modem cable which gives you a direct link from your box to the pc.
http://www.coolgear.com/images/PCI-RS232LP1.jpg

Null Modem Com/Port setup Tutorial (http://www.4shared.com/file/50328931/7301ddea/Null_Modem_ComPort_SetUp.html?dirPwdVerified=1a61e 8c)

USB DB9 device coms/ports set up. (http://www.4shared.com/file/50328985/9798c038/usb_device_set_upwmv.html?dirPwdVerified=1a61e8c)

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu112/Techkings/assigning.png

Problems with your PC/Laptop not recognising your box.

To see which port your USB adapter is connected to, connect your USB adapter and follow the following instructions:

1. Go to the Start Menu
2. Right click on "My Computer"
3. Select "Properties"
4. Click on the "Hardware" tab
5. Click on "Device Manager"
6. Click the + sign next to "Ports (COM & LPT)"
7. One of the listed ports should indicate which port your USB adapter is connected to (e.g. COM1, COM2, COM3, etc.)
8. Go back to your map software program that you use to transfer data and make sure it is looking at the correct port.
9. You should be able to transfer data once the correct port is selected

If you need drivers go here

USB to Serial Adapter driver downloads and documentation (http://www.gilsson.com/usb_drivers_download.htm)

Follow my advice to step 7. Locate your USB Adapter (port *)

Right click on that port and select properties. Then select port settings, then select advanced. At the bottom of that tab will be a drop down box with the port selected (port * in your case). Use the drop down to select another port (eg 1, 2 or 3). If the port you want to use is already allocated to something else, you can use the same procedure to reassign that port after you have finished.
Save the selections in the usual way. The USB converter will be permanently assigned to the port you selected.

HiTeck
22nd June, 2009, 12:23 AM
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu112/Techkings/firmwareloading.png

Download and save both below to your PC/Laptop.

Kryptview Loader is HERE. (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/arnet-kryptview-loader-426/) http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu112/Techkings/downtool.png

Kryptview Bin / Firmware is HERE. (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kryptview-a750-a700-19-03-09-645/)

Run the Loader Pictured below Ref : 1.

Click on the Download button Ref : 2.

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq13/HiTeck1979/ref1ref2dk.png

Once you have pressed the download button you will see another box load like below, Ref : 3.

Press open and select the Bin file that you saved to your desktop earlier highlighted in yellow Ref : 4.

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq13/HiTeck1979/ref34.png

Now turn off your Kryptview, press Start then turn the Kryptview back on. You should now see the firmware starting to load,

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu112/Techkings/7krypt.png

Once done you will see this message,

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu112/Techkings/8krypt.png

Once finished let the box reboot and then your done, congratulations.

boxboy
6th July, 2009, 05:44 PM
Hello,

Can I use the STB Editor to edit my channels and then upload them to the box? If so, How? I have tried the send and recieve functions and nothing happens, the software tells me that the operation was not requested.

thanks

cityfan1964
23rd July, 2009, 08:00 PM
guys, just downloaded and flashed the firmware as per instructions. went into auto install and got nowhere with it...says it found 7 channels but will not go past installation screen. by the way i'm on nthell in waterford ireland. any help would be appreciated-thanks

wilf
23rd July, 2009, 08:21 PM
guys, just downloaded and flashed the firmware as per instructions. went into auto install and got nowhere with it...says it found 7 channels but will not go past installation screen. by the way i'm on nthell in waterford ireland. any help would be appreciated-thanks

have a read here mate there was a problem with someone else from waterford hope this help as im in uk and not much help to you

cityfan1964
23rd July, 2009, 09:11 PM
hi wilf, is there a link to look at ? thanks for your help!!

wilf
23rd July, 2009, 09:45 PM
hi wilf, is there a link to look at ? thanks for your help!!

sorry buddy must have forgot to put it in. here it is http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/kryptview-mmds-ireland-35908/

mid
2nd August, 2009, 06:19 PM
Hi all, no channel is coming on after the download just this message "Complete exit". Pls help thanks

cactikid
11th August, 2009, 12:52 PM
Hi all, no channel is coming on after the download just this message "Complete exit". Pls help thanksafter any firmware is put on any box you need to factory reset 0000 to delete and rescan your provider.

Lisp
14th August, 2009, 10:46 AM
Have been on a number of forums to get the information but this is simply the best instructions. You should be writing instructions for a living ;-)

nmaher
24th October, 2009, 09:00 PM
Tutorial is excellent - clear and easy to follow. Unfortunately, I have hit what seems to be a common problem. I'm using a USB serial port adaptor/ null modem cable to connect to box but I'm getting the "The downloading is not requested" error in a pop up. There is a further error on the download popup "Read REQ failed". I've been through all the forums and have tried all suggestions. Would appreciate any help!

remcy
10th November, 2009, 05:06 PM
Very clear and precise instructions. Have just ordered my box and can't wait to follow the instructions tomorrow. Will give feedback. Thanks a million

remcy
11th November, 2009, 02:38 PM
could any one please help. I have downloaded the firmware, reset my box to default but still cannot receive the channels. It says scramble on most channels. Thanks

wilf
11th November, 2009, 03:31 PM
have you checked in system info as to what firmware is on the box? anything later than 28/11/08 should be ok as long as you have scanned your box on the correct provider for your area

richardsb
25th March, 2010, 11:01 AM
can someone help me i am trying to put new firmware on to kryptview 700 just keeps coming up with "download is not requested"

cactikid
25th March, 2010, 11:01 PM
have you read the first post??

celtic
1st April, 2010, 03:18 PM
hi evry one wonder is there any one that can tell me how to get some of my channels back please thanks

wilf
1st April, 2010, 03:32 PM
hello celtic welcome to digital kaos, you need to post a thread of your own telling people what box you have, what area you live and when you lost the channels. the more info you give the better chance of getting it sorted

starman31
7th April, 2010, 02:20 PM
Hi, I have the firmaware date 12/07/2009 flashed to my Arnet A700c and we've lost all channels.......I'm located in Lancashire.........we lost all channels in the last couple of weeks..........please help!!!

cactikid
7th April, 2010, 09:01 PM
3.7Software is followed by ------- new cards then --------- Nag 3---------NO BOXES WILL WORK (apart for VM boxes)
3.7 Software is for VM boxes only NOT Starview etc

Areas already hit by Nag 3 are at the bottom of list
Current areas on 3.7

- Aylesbury
- Barnsley (Set to receive new cards)
- Basildon (Set to receive new cards)
- Bedfordshire including Bedford Sandy, Biggleswade, Dunstable (Receiving new cards as part of Luton headend)
- Belfast
- Birmingham (Set to receive new cards)
- Bradford (Set to receive new cards as part of Barnsley headend)
- Brighton
- Cambridge
- Cardiff
- Casltford (Set to receive new cards)
- Cheltenham
- Chesham
- Cheshire including Widnes
- Chesterfield (Set to receive new cards as part of Nottingham headend)
- Chiltern Hills
- Cleethorpes (Set to receive new cards)
- Clydebank in Scotland (Set to receive new cards as part of Glasgow headend)
- Coventry
- Croxley Green
- Derbyshire
- Doncaster (Set to receive new cards as part of Barnsley headend)
- Dorset including Bournemouth, Poole
- Dudley (Set to receive new cards as part of Wolverhamption headend)
- Dunbartonshire in Scotland (Set to receive new cards as part of Edinburgh headend)
- Dundee in Scotland (Receiving new cards)
- Durham
- East Anglia
- Essex including Harlow, Romford, Ilford, Rainham, Dagenham, Waltham, Abbey, Loughton, Hornchurch
- Falkirk in Scotland (Set to receive new cards as part of Edinburgh headend)
- Fife in Scotland (Receiving new cards as part of Dundee headend)
- Gateshead (Set to receive new cards)
- Glasgow in Scotland (Set to receive new cards)
- Grimsby (Set to receive new cards)
- Halifax (Set to receive new cards as part of Barnsley headend)
- Hampshire including Aldershot, Farnborough, (Gosport, Waterlooville, Havant, Southsea, receiving new cards as part of Solent headend)
- Hartlepool (Set to receive new cards as part of Teesside headend)
- Hertfordshire including Stevenage, Bishops Stortford Watford, Rickmansworth South Hertfordshire, (Hertford, Hitchin, Letchworth, Ware, Hertford, Hoddesdon, Cheshunt receiving new cards as part of Luton headend) (St Albans, Hatfield receiving new cards as part of Hemel Hempstead headend)
- High Wycombe
- Horley
- Harrogate
- Huddersfield
- Humberside
- Immingham (Set to receive new cards)
- Keighley (Set to receive new cards)
- Kent including Bexley, Bexleyheath, Dartford, Swanley, Ashford, Dover, Folkestone, (Bromley set to receive new cards)
- Kidderminster (Set to receive new cards as part of Wolverhampton headend)
- Kirklees including Dewsbury, Batley, Mirfield
- Lancashire including Chorley, Preston, Burnley, Nelson, Accrington, Colne, Blackburn
- Leamington Spa
- Leeds
- Leicestershire (Set to receive new cards)
- Lincolnshire (Set to receive new cards as part of Nottingham headend)
- Litchfield
- Liverpool
- London 41050 including Harrow, Wembley, Lewisham, Hackney East London, South London, Croydon, Seven Kings, Acton London, Barking, Chingford, Shepherds Bush, Upton Park, Walthamstow, Hounslow, West London, Hayes, Heston, Hillingdon, (North-West London receiving new cards as part of Luton headend)
- Lothian in Scotland including Edinburgh (Set to receive new cards)
- Luton (Receiving new cards)
- Manchester including Swinton, Salford, Stretford, Wigan, (Ashton, Bolton, Burnley, Macclesfield, Runcorn, Stockport and Warrington set to receive new cards)
- Middlesbrough (Set to receive new cards as part of Teesside headend)
- Middlesex including Staines, Enfield, Northwood
- Newcastle (Set to receive new cards as part of Gateshead headend)
- Newcastle-under-Lyme
- Newport
- Northamptonshire
- North Lanarkshire in Scotland including Motherwell, Bells Hill (Set to receive new cards as part of Uddington headend)
- North Shields
- Norwich
- Nottinghamshire (Set to receive new cards)
- Oldham
- Oxford
- Paisley in Scotland (Set to receive new cards as part of Glasgow headend)
- Perth in Scotland (Receiving new cards as part of Dundee headend)
- Peterborough
- Plymouth
- Pontefract (Set to receive new cards as part of Barnsley headend)
- Portsmouth including Cosham (Receiving new cards as part of Solent headend)
- Reading
- Redditch (Set to receive new cards as part of Wolverhamption headend)
- Rotherham (Set to receive new cards new cards as part of Barnsley headend)
- Rugby
- Scun'thorpe (Set to receive new cards as part of Grimsby headend)
- Sheffield (Set to receive new cards as part of Barnsley headend)
- Solent (Receiving new cards)
- Southampton
- Southend-on-Sea
- South Humberside (Set to receive new cards as part of Nottingham headend)
- South Lanarkshire in Scotland
- South Shields
- South Tyneside
- South Wales
- Stafford
- St. Helens
- Stockton-on-Tees
- Stoke-on-Trent (Set to receive new cards)
- Sunderland
- Surrey including Guildford, Woking, Frimley, Farnham, Camberley, Epsom, Kingston Upon Thames, Caterham, Hersham
- Sussex
- Swansea
- Swindon
- Teesside (Set to receive new cards)
- Telford (Set to receive new cards as part of Wolverhamption headend)
- Tonbridge including Tonbridge wells, Edenbridge
- Uddingston in Scotland (Set to receive new cards)
- Wakefield (Set to receive new cards as part of Barnsley headend)
- Walsall (Set to receive new cards as part of Wolverhamption headend)
- Washington (Set to receive new cards as part of Wearside headend)
- Watford
- Wearside (Set to receive new cards)
- Wessex
- West Bromwich
- West Sussex Crawley, Worthing
- Wirral
- Wolverhampton (Set to receive new cards)
- York

Areas switched/switching over to Nagra 3

- Acton London (NTL parts only)
- Ashford
- Aylesbury
- Barking
- Batley
- Bexleyheath
- Bournemouth
- Brighton
- Caterham
- Chesham
- Chiltern Hills
- Chingford
- Crawley
- Dagenham
- Dartford
- Derbyshire
- Dewsbury
- Dover
- East Ham London
- East London
- Edenbridge
- Enfield
- Epsom
- Essex 1 (NTL/Excw parts only)
- Folkestone
- Harrogate
- Hayes
- Hersham
- Heston
- Hillingdon
- Hornchurch
- Hounslow
- Huddersfield (NTL parts only)
- Ilford
- Kirklees
- Leeds
- Loughton
- Middlesex
- Mirfield
- Northwood
- Poole
- Rainham
- Rickmansworth
- Romford (Excw parts only)
- Seven Kings
- Shepherds Bush
- Southampton (Excw parts only)
- South Hertfordshire
- Staines
- St Albans (Excw parts only)
- Surrey (Within M25)
- Sussex
- Swanley
- Tonbridge
- Tonbridge Wells
- Upton Park
- Waltham Abbey
- Walthamstow
- Watford
- Wessex
- West London
- West Yorkshire (NTL parts only)
- Worthing
- York

xriva
16th April, 2010, 08:46 AM
A mate says his Kryptview box has stopped working in the Peterborough area though your list does not say they have exclusively gone over to new encryption system. I don't live in a cable area (sigh) but suggested he re-flashing the firmware just in case it's corrupt. The job has now fallen to me to do (mates a bit of a Luddite) but is the 120709.bin the latest firmware suitable for the A700 before I do this for him?

klever19
16th April, 2010, 09:14 AM
A mate says his Kryptview box has stopped working in the Peterborough area though your list does not say they have exclusively gone over to new encryption system. I don't live in a cable area (sigh) but suggested he re-flashing the firmware just in case it's corrupt. The job has now fallen to me to do (mates a bit of a Luddite) but is the 120709.bin the latest firmware suitable for the A700 before I do this for him?
Hi and yes.

nims.topiwala
3rd May, 2010, 11:23 PM
How Can i Receive code from my kryptview a750 i got latest firmware

cactikid
4th May, 2010, 08:50 PM
if it says waiting for code update you may be on nagra3 now and it wont work.

amit chauhan
13th May, 2010, 07:59 PM
does this work in leicester

flyzboydude
20th May, 2010, 10:46 PM
depends if there on n3 im not sure im afraid i dont think you are but i would check just to make sure
dam virgin media lol

akhlaq768
25th May, 2010, 09:53 AM
can this thread be updated with working pictures please

rollercoaster8
14th July, 2010, 08:10 PM
This stuff is as addictive as it is frustrating:does it ever get any easier>

RudeBoy79
5th August, 2010, 09:08 PM
A780 Arrived today and thanks to your great TUT and excellent info on the forums im back up and running again on N3 network keep up the great work guys ...........

Just give me 3 months worth min and i'll be well chuffed :smokin:

qkhalil
10th August, 2010, 04:41 PM
will this firmware upgrade work for arnet a700c

cactikid
10th August, 2010, 06:28 PM
will this firmware upgrade work for arnet a700c

nope only this will work.:coffin:

bigbry
4th September, 2010, 07:55 PM
Hello,

Can I use the STB Editor to edit my channels and then upload them to the box? If so, How? I have tried the send and recieve functions and nothing happens, the software tells me that the operation was not requested.

thanks
hi i've got the same problem ""download not requested"" bin at it 24hrs did you solve it any ideas thanks bry

barrowmanandrew
4th September, 2010, 08:06 PM
on the downloader, make sure you have selected the correct port

bigbry
4th September, 2010, 08:46 PM
how do you know if its the right port or not?

cactikid
4th September, 2010, 09:18 PM
if it is the right one it will download.

jumpinjo
4th September, 2010, 09:37 PM
how do you know if its the right port or not?

check what comport your pc is on in device manager and select same from menu on downloader

DW190
12th September, 2010, 09:22 PM
Consider myself an expert on Kryptviews but couldn't have done better than this tut. Great detailed instructions and downloads.

Never needed it myself.

Three cheers for the OP.

partickstevie
12th September, 2010, 10:50 PM
never downloaded anything in my life,complete novice,dont ask how,but mission accomplished,up and running like a dream,thanks,great site

Wilton43
19th September, 2010, 06:22 PM
What is the date on the lastest firmware for the arnet box

fuzzy19
20th September, 2010, 02:31 PM
check what comport your pc is on in device manager and select same from menu on downloader
I've tried port 1 and 2 (as it says this on my device manager), but still get the error "The downloading is not requested".

What now?

barrowmanandrew
20th September, 2010, 02:42 PM
I've tried port 1 and 2 (as it says this on my device manager), but still get the error "The downloading is not requested".

What now?
press download , then switch you box off and on

D?i jones
20th September, 2010, 07:21 PM
2 hrs later all done - that includes goin to maplns n gettin cables, and huntin for spare ether cab 4 30 mins..
good one fair play

agejin24
22nd September, 2010, 12:29 PM
Does this box work in areas with N3?

jckw
22nd September, 2010, 02:24 PM
am i right in saying these boxes need to be connected to the internet via a router using the lan port

kenny s
22nd September, 2010, 03:52 PM
yes ethernet into box then one of ur routers ports

Partymad09
22nd September, 2010, 04:19 PM
hello all sorry about this lookin im sorry about this question m8 but i live in a flat and im not aloud to put a sly for cs but i have being readin round the net and from wot i have read up on i think this krypt view a 780 well work on vm cs could you please put some light on it and thanks for ur time please pm and if so where the best place to buy 1 as i have read there clones out there

pattersnic
26th September, 2010, 10:06 AM
Please help I get a message at the below point after I have turned my box off and on and started the sending. In the box where it isw showing Data downloading 2%, I get an error message and the download fails. PLEASE HELP!! It's driving me mad :bawling::bawling::bawling:

cactikid
28th September, 2010, 09:05 PM
Please help I get a message at the below point after I have turned my box off and on and started the sending. In the box where it isw showing Data downloading 2%, I get an error message and the download fails. PLEASE HELP!! It's driving me mad :bawling::bawling::bawling:

more info needed,pc/laptop xp/vista serial port or usb.refollow the tut

mickd24
29th September, 2010, 01:56 PM
which type of null modem cable is it you need ie male to female or female to female????also is this the right ethernet cable
Cat5e RJ45 Ethernet LAN Network Cable UTP Lead 20M

any help much apprciated cheers mick

veggie
3rd October, 2010, 01:01 PM
As it says on the tin very good all up and running.

Q- can i receive sky box office or any foreign channels for the 3,o,clock kick offs? if so do i need to manually find these through the box? any help will be greatly received.:hmmmm2:

cactikid
3rd October, 2010, 02:10 PM
it wont allow hd as box not hd and box office you wont as are usually ordered through provider for their box,you should be able to watch the wrestling and boxing,and no foreign stations

veggie
3rd October, 2010, 02:55 PM
it wont allow hd as box not hd and box you wont as are usually ordered through provider for their box,you should be able to watch the wrestling and boxing,and no foreign stations

Ok thats solved that one looks like lappie or PC thanks.:top:

rockville
17th October, 2010, 01:01 PM
Hi all - just checking Kryptview out after a few years of Eurovox.

Am I right in thinking that for all intents and purproses Kryptview works the same the only difference being that you connect the box to your router with an ethernet cable?

Are you still able to browse the Net as usual while watching TV...daft question I know.

I have a VM TV sub and BE broadband so all I'd need is the box, the cables and the firmware?

angrycat
18th October, 2010, 11:53 AM
can i buy some sort of adapter as i dont have 9 PIN connection from my laptop?

barrowmanandrew
18th October, 2010, 11:58 AM
yes.. you are correct.
the box will have no effect on your computer.

you will need a null modem cable and possibly a usb to seriel adaptor, if your pc is newish....

plasterer
23rd October, 2010, 10:23 AM
Yes thats correct mate ,all available
Just read the red stickys at the top of the Kryptveiw Page ...Paul

bigguy283
30th October, 2010, 08:55 PM
can you please help me ?
are you saying if i purchase a kryptview a780 box i can get back all my virgin cable channels even though we are now on nag3???

i was lead to believe that it was not possible to get them after nag3 was running!!!!
thanks

barrowmanandrew
30th October, 2010, 09:10 PM
can you please help me ?
are you saying if i purchase a kryptview a780 box i can get back all my virgin cable channels even though we are now on nag3???

i was lead to believe that it was not possible to get them after nag3 was running!!!!
thanks

yes you can, but not as straight forward as before...
i suggest you have a good read around before parting with your hard earned cash... :)

davidelgie
4th November, 2010, 07:24 PM
more info needed,pc/laptop xp/vista serial port or usb.refollow the tut
hi krypt a780
i have vista, trying to set up the box, however i cant find the port settings tab, can you help
cheers

cactikid
4th November, 2010, 09:10 PM
hi krypt a780
i have vista, trying to set up the box, however i cant find the port settings tab, can you help
cheers

better off trying to find a pc with xp and a serial port to flash box

immi
8th November, 2010, 01:27 AM
:congrats:

If you have a PC/Laptop with a 9 pin serial socket then all you need is a Null Modem Cable, see pic below.

If you have a PC/Laptop that doesn't have the 9 pin serial socket you will need a Null Modem Cable and a USB adapter, See pic below.

If you have a PC and you are struggling with the usb adapter or you have Vista like me you could install a PCI serial card which is easily added to you PC and with this all you need is the null modem cable which gives you a direct link from your box to the pc.

Null Modem Com/Port setup Tutorial (http://www.4shared.com/file/50328931/7301ddea/Null_Modem_ComPort_SetUp.html?dirPwdVerified=1a61e 8c)

USB DB9 device coms/ports set up. (http://www.4shared.com/file/50328985/9798c038/usb_device_set_upwmv.html?dirPwdVerified=1a61e8c)

To see which port your USB adapter is connected to, connect your USB adapter and follow the following instructions:

1. Go to the Start Menu
3. Select "Properties"
7. One of the listed ports should indicate which port your USB adapter is connected to (e.g. COM1, COM2, COM3, etc.)
8. Go back to your map software program that you use to transfer data and make sure it is looking at the correct port.

USB to Serial Adapter driver downloads and documentation (http://www.gilsson.com/usb_drivers_download.htm)

Right click on that port and select properties. Then select port settings, then select advanced. At the bottom of that tab will be a drop down box with the port selected (port * in your case). Use the drop down to select another port (eg 1, 2 or 3). If the port you want to use is already allocated to something else, you can use the same procedure to reassign that port after you have finished.
Save the selections in the usual way. The USB converter will be permanently assigned to the port you selected.

immi
8th November, 2010, 01:34 AM
need to know more.of how to set a systeme of the kryptview hd what will ineed to buy and where from.no to ebay buying please as i goot burnt big time

immi
8th November, 2010, 01:55 AM
hi to everyone on d k.i am immi,i hope to make a lot of friends and be of help to the digital kaos members offering my free service from time to time on most make of motor cars mechanical wise,please do not mind the spellings.only offering to the members because of the site and that is digitalkaos.so if u got a probleme with ur car ,if near could also fix 4 free u buy ur carparts 1member at a time please as its getting could.

Evilred1981
13th November, 2010, 07:23 PM
how do you down load the Kryptview Loader?

ruhmuhammad1
18th November, 2010, 06:24 PM
Great Tutorial.....

A lot of problems people face with channel search is due to the fact that the flashing and subsequent isntallation (easy install) has to be done without the receiver being switched off.

If after the flashing, the box is for some reason switched off (as in my case, i was flashing in a seperate room on my laptop and then carried the box to the room where my TV was), the installation to get channels would not work. The box can be switched off once the scan etc is complete.

cactikid
19th November, 2010, 12:25 AM
if you read up on it there are no boxes working in eire,only a doorstop m8.

prince123
20th November, 2010, 07:05 PM
Hello,

thanks

yes same question here :) im new so im a little confused about this whole process

EAMO 2
21st November, 2010, 01:00 PM
yes same question here :) im new so im a little confused about this whole process

I think you have to power-off box & power-on box after you hit
send button to save channel list to P.C.

Dj dee
21st November, 2010, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone

KRYPTVIEW A780 - FILE LOADING

I'm wondering if someone can come to my rescue.

I have gone through the steps as illustrated on this thread, but could not load the file.
I get a message "The downloading is not requested".

I am using 2 cables (null famale to male cable & USB converter) with a small famale connector in between the cables. Nothing is happening.

Could someone put some green light.
I have checked the COM port.

Would it be the cables?? I could not find a single cable.

Your help will be much appreciated.

EAMO 2
22nd November, 2010, 11:10 AM
Hi everyone

KRYPTVIEW A780 - FILE LOADING

I'm wondering if someone can come to my rescue.

I have gone through the steps as illustrated on this thread, but could not load the file.
I get a message "The downloading is not requested".

I am using 2 cables (null famale to male cable & USB converter) with a small famale connector in between the cables. Nothing is happening.

Could someone put some green light.
I have checked the COM port.
Would it be the cables?? I could not find a single cable.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Turn off box. Hit start on loader. Turn on box

shorty
23rd November, 2010, 02:00 AM
Hi all just got my A780 today an looking on forum you make it look so easy so here goes,

balmoral10
23rd November, 2010, 06:34 PM
i tried downloading the firmware it is coming down as a bin file and will not let me open it can someone help please

cactikid
23rd November, 2010, 09:36 PM
read the tut you dont open it.

dinosaur
24th November, 2010, 04:12 PM
can this type of box be used on any type of broadband, talk,talk. etc, or is it strictly cable broadband

spangla
30th November, 2010, 10:18 AM
hi mate iam new to all this i had a starview 5 box which has stopped working due to n3 iam on v/m in bristol if i buy a kriptview 780 box will it work and do i need a perminant internet connection , cheers

EAMO 2
30th November, 2010, 02:09 PM
hi mate iam new to all this i had a starview 5 box which has stopped working due to n3 iam on v/m in bristol if i buy a kriptview 780 box will it work and do i need a perminant internet connection , cheers

Yes it will work in UK, & you need box connected to router when
you watch TV

mrgee77
16th December, 2010, 12:29 PM
i have bought the a780 do these usually come ready flashed or do i have to do this myself??? have scanned and found channels for my area but they are all but bbc1 etc that are free coming up as scrambled or no video please help as new as last box i had was eurovox which you had to just plug in scan and that was it until a while ago many thanks

rakz007
20th December, 2010, 10:31 PM
Hi,

I bought a cable from ebay that goes from USB to Null cable (says BAOYU on top). the cable did not come with any drivers. does anyone know where i can get drivers/ how i can get the cable installed, as currently i am just getting a yellow ? mark.

1. Go to the Start Menu
3. Select "Properties"

DW190
20th December, 2010, 10:54 PM
Hi,

I bought a cable from ebay that goes from USB to Null cable (says BAOYU on top). the cable did not come with any drivers. does anyone know where i can get drivers/ how i can get the cable installed, as currently i am just getting a yellow ? mark.

At the bottom of your quote:

cactikid
20th December, 2010, 11:08 PM
always best to read first,as the answer is usually skipped.

Silverfox47
21st December, 2010, 04:03 PM
Been scratching my head for a while over this, so time to bite the bullet and ask.

Firstly, is the software it's running correct? - Evolution A780 v3.2.00 dated 18/5/2010 (I have an A780). If I try to load the latest firmware, all I get is 'The downloading is not requested' message!

I've managed to get all channels scanned, but can only see the FTA ones. I'm connected to the net (ok, I think), but have no joy at all with the scrambled ones. Is there something I'm missing, or is an internet connection problem? Seem to have about a 5 meg download speed. Would that make a difference?

Anyway, any help would be most welcome, as I'll be bald by xmas from pulling my hair out! :-(

satsmo
21st December, 2010, 04:55 PM
The latest firmware sticky link for the A780 downloads fine, I just checked it.

Have you tried updating the firmware while the KV is online and that it is in fact online?

When it is online - Press menu - Installation - SW Update - Press OK - It will now update.

EAMO 2
21st December, 2010, 05:01 PM
Been scratching my head for a while over this, so time to bite the bullet and ask.

Firstly, is the software it's running correct? - Evolution A780 v3.2.00 dated 18/5/2010 (I have an A780). If I try to load the latest firmware, all I get is 'The downloading is not requested' message!

I've managed to get all channels scanned, but can only see the FTA ones. I'm connected to the net (ok, I think), but have no joy at all with the scrambled ones. Is there something I'm missing, or is an internet connection problem? Seem to have about a 5 meg download speed. Would that make a difference?

Anyway, any help would be most welcome, as I'll be bald by xmas from pulling my hair out! :-(
Go to MENU--SETTINGS--S/W UPDATE
If you are connected to internet box will auto-update itself
or tell you it's already up to date when you select SW/UPDATE
Often helps to reboot router & box to unscramble channels

satsmo
21st December, 2010, 05:09 PM
http://stellaservice.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/echo_echo_593625.jpg?w=483&h=500

:D

rakz007
21st December, 2010, 09:02 PM
At the bottom of your quote:

Tried this did not work for me, but i managed to connect the serial cable directly to the PC at my friends house.

always best to read first,as the answer is usually skipped.

you can say that again....

Silverfox47
22nd December, 2010, 11:47 AM
The advice sounds good guys, but there is a snag with that! In the Installation menu, I have 4 options, Search, automatic and manual, Factory Default Setting, and Data Download. In the Data Download it will only let me send S/W Transfer and Channel Data Transfer, even after a factory reset. My poor head!!

shayne j
22nd December, 2010, 08:26 PM
need help getting kryptview box a780 working

satsmo
22nd December, 2010, 08:30 PM
Sounds like a connection problem to the interweb, start over again.

Follow the youtube guide here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/kryptview-a780-information-169307/#post824157

DW190
22nd December, 2010, 08:38 PM
The advice sounds good guys, but there is a snag with that! In the Installation menu, I have 4 options, Search, automatic and manual, Factory Default Setting, and Data Download. In the Data Download it will only let me send S/W Transfer and Channel Data Transfer, even after a factory reset. My poor head!!

The box will have to be flashed with a computer as its not got the online update facility.

Once flashed with any of the A780 software it will update on line.

cactikid
22nd December, 2010, 08:46 PM
i wonder if that firmware is n3,i think not
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kryptview-a750-25-05-2010-firmware-1238/
or
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Kryptview_A780_18062010.bin (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kryptview_a780_18062010-bin-1253/)
possibly needed and update from them,later firmware has sw update,so you need the null modem to flash either file and then you can sw update to latest.

EAMO 2
22nd December, 2010, 08:47 PM
MENU--SETTINGS--S/W UPDATE

creationblue
28th December, 2010, 12:39 PM
Once I got the software opened lol, it was quick and simple, many thanks. Tho it does go down rather often for 10 secs or so? Im using homeplugs so not sure why this should be......tho when my land line rings it also goes down, maybe a filter prob?

Thanks in advance

Just

Silverfox47
9th January, 2011, 05:27 PM
Hi again. Sorry I haven't been back on to thank everyone for the advice in getting my box sorted. Been away, and had to leave it over christmas, but it's still not solving my problem. All the advice makes good sense, but ultimately it seems floored by the fact that it won't accept the firmware upgrade! All I ever get is 'The downloading is not requested' message. Is it possible that I have a faulty box? Or am I just missing something when I'm trying to do the upgarde? Any advice would be very gratefully recieved. Thanks

daveclark9
9th January, 2011, 06:48 PM
guys im unable to download the second file, takes me to a page saying INVALID ID?
Any ideas

daveclark9
9th January, 2011, 07:00 PM
Im on windows 7, usb adaptor etc is installed ok?
Im losing patients with my box, probably something stupid

cactikid
9th January, 2011, 09:04 PM
Hi again. Sorry I haven't been back on to thank everyone for the advice in getting my box sorted. Been away, and had to leave it over christmas, but it's still not solving my problem. All the advice makes good sense, but ultimately it seems floored by the fact that it won't accept the firmware upgrade! All I ever get is 'The downloading is not requested' message. Is it possible that I have a faulty box? Or am I just missing something when I'm trying to do the upgarde? Any advice would be very gratefully recieved. Thanks
maybe just do a s/w update on the net with remote no messing with cables,just your remote.

cactikid
9th January, 2011, 09:09 PM
guys im unable to download the second file, takes me to a page saying INVALID ID?
Any ideas
if the box has been working just do a s/w update over the internet
and reset/and rescan,all done on remote.

cactikid
9th January, 2011, 09:12 PM
Im on windows 7, usb adaptor etc is installed ok?
Im losing patients with my box, probably something stupid
drivers updated?

Silverfox47
9th January, 2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks Cactikid, but the problem with that is, my box won't let me upgrade online (yet). I'm told it will need the initial firmware load before it will let me. It certainly doesn't give me the option at the moment. :-(

cactikid
9th January, 2011, 10:14 PM
ok yes new box you have to flash with cable the first time

Silverfox47
9th January, 2011, 11:17 PM
But therein lies my problem. It won't let me upload the new firmware. All I ever get is the 'The downloading is not requested' message. Can't get past that! Any advice?

maca
9th January, 2011, 11:19 PM
But therein lies my problem. It won't let me upload the new firmware. All I ever get is the 'The downloading is not requested' message. Can't get past that! Any advice?
when you hit download wait for a second then turn the kv on ?

Silverfox47
9th January, 2011, 11:44 PM
I'm sure I've tried that, but will give it another go. Should the box be factory reset too before doing this? Thanks

maca
9th January, 2011, 11:48 PM
no m8 plus are you flashing with a pc or laptop xp vista win7 ?

DW190
10th January, 2011, 12:04 AM
I'm sure I've tried that, but will give it another go. Should the box be factory reset too before doing this? Thanks

What operating sysyem are you using? XP, Vista ou Win 7

Silverfox47
10th January, 2011, 12:12 AM
I'm using a laptop with Vista. But, I've also tried the home pc using XP.

cactikid
10th January, 2011, 12:17 AM
xp pc does that have a com port rs232 null modem cable in box
to connect to rear of pc?

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/a780-03-01-2011-firmware-release-120009/index2.html

post 28 look at that

Silverfox47
10th January, 2011, 12:21 AM
Yes. Tried it, but had the same results. Though that's assuming I'd done it correctly.

maca
10th January, 2011, 12:26 AM
Yes. Tried it, but had the same results. Though that's assuming I'd done it correctly.

have you assigned com port correctly ?

DW190
10th January, 2011, 12:29 AM
I'm using a laptop with Vista. But, I've also tried the home pc using XP.

I'm on 7 but I think its similar in the device manager, never used Vista.

Plug you usb to serial in the usb on lappy, dont plug into box yet.

Click Start (Bottom Left)
Right click on Computer then click on manage
Click on Device manager
You should see Ports (com Ltp) to the right
Click on Ports (Com Ltp)
Usb to serial should appear with a port number (note the port number)
Right click it
Click on properties

It should say device working properly
Click on Port Settings at the top

Change the bit per second to 11200 data bits to 8 stop bits to 1

Press OK

Close all windows.

Open STB Loader and make sure the null cable is secure in back of box before entering the software and the correct port number you noted into the loader.

Silverfox47
10th January, 2011, 12:40 AM
Yes, I think so. Only had 2 to choose from. The one does nothing, the other leads back to the same 'The downloading is not requested' message. Well, at least the way I had tried to do it.

maca
10th January, 2011, 12:43 AM
did you install the drivers for the usb ??

cactikid
10th January, 2011, 12:44 AM
was your box powered on when downloading was pressed

Silverfox47
10th January, 2011, 12:45 AM
Thanks DW190. I'll try giving that a go, as that is something I don't remember having done. There maybe something there I've missed.

Silverfox47
10th January, 2011, 12:49 AM
I've tried it from power right off, or from standby Cactikid. I've tried many things, but keep getting the same result

cactikid
10th January, 2011, 12:51 AM
just chechecking that null modem cable came with the box yes

DW190
10th January, 2011, 12:54 AM
Yes, I think so. Only had 2 to choose from. The one does nothing, the other leads back to the same 'The downloading is not requested' message. Well, at least the way I had tried to do it.

If one port is doing nothing and the other is doing something (download not requested) and your computer tells you the "device is working properly". Using the process of elimination, either the settings are wrong Bits & data bits or the null cable is not connecting.

You live anywhere near Bolton. Be easier to flash it for you than all this two finger typing.

Silverfox47
10th January, 2011, 12:55 AM
No. Didn't get the cable with it. I already had that. The drivers are installed for the USB adapter too. I will go back over all of that though then, just to be sure. But both my laptop, and PC seem to end up saying the same things.

DW190
10th January, 2011, 01:00 AM
No. Didn't get the cable with it. I already had that. The drivers are installed for the USB adapter too. I will go back over all of that though then, just to be sure. But both my laptop, and PC seem to end up saying the same things.

You sure its Null Modem?

Have you used it for anything else?

cactikid
10th January, 2011, 01:02 AM
was this cable used to flash boxes if not,wrong cable

Silverfox47
10th January, 2011, 01:03 AM
I wish DW, as that would hopefully be the answer to my troubles. But unfortunately, I'm in Swindon. :-( I'll probably kick myself once I see it done, but it's just getting past this hurdle. I'll take a good look at the how I have it set up in the morning again, but I need to hit the sack now tonight. I'll keep you posted how I get on. Thanks to both of you for the advice.

cactikid
10th January, 2011, 01:04 AM
hope he dont say bought in maplins lol.

box normally comes with cable,did you recheck?

cactikid
10th January, 2011, 01:07 AM
so maybe another wrong cable issue again lol,wont be the first
or last lol

Silverfox47
10th January, 2011, 01:08 AM
Yes, it was Maplins I think. Maybe I need to get another then. But I didn't get any cables with my box.

cactikid
10th January, 2011, 01:10 AM
2 identical cables look the same,null modem has a cross over wire for flashing boxes,the other is straight wired and does not work.

DW190
10th January, 2011, 01:11 AM
hope he dont say bought in maplins lol.

box normally comes with cable,did you recheck?

If he's used a PC with XP and he got different responses from comm ports 1 & 2 its odds on its the cable.

One comm port dead (wrong one)

Other comm port "Not requested" (talking but through distorted mouth) wrong cable).

Does this make sense Caty?

cactikid
10th January, 2011, 01:11 AM
any mates got boxes as they might have a cable

chelski
12th January, 2011, 11:24 AM
Followed instructions and everything worked fine.

Silverfox47
13th January, 2011, 01:09 PM
Just recieved my cable, and what do you know! It worked a treat. A massive thanks guys. I just feel a plonker for not realising myself! :-( Anyway, The Silverfox Fox is a happy chappy now, so once again thanks. :-)

potboypete
17th January, 2011, 10:20 PM
this tut makes it so simple I tried everything. Finally sorted.
Make sure you dont power down the unit before scanning for channels. Thats where I was going wrong. once youve scanned and updated its done :)

valerie25
21st January, 2011, 11:33 PM
Hi guys,

I have read this thread from top to bottom but still can't get the "Kryptview A780-03012011 firmware" to d/load to my box.

Ihave the box connected to a 9yr old XP desktop PC using a null modem cable that came with my box. I get the dreaded message "Can't open serial portcom" on all coms apart from com3. When I try com3 I get the message "The downloading is not
requested" I am using the correct com settings.
I am sure I have tried all the fixes in the thread, but to no avail. I am nearly at the end of my tether and thinking of sending the box back.

Does anyone have any other ideas apart from what has been said on this thread ? Could it be a dodgy box or cable ?

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks for reading

Valerie

maca
21st January, 2011, 11:36 PM
Hi guys,

I have read this thread from top to bottom but still can't get the "Kryptview A780-03012011 firmware" to d/load to my box.

Ihave the box connected to a 9yr old XP desktop PC using a null modem cable that came with my box. I get the dreaded message "Can't open serial portcom" on all coms apart from com3. When I try com3 I get the message "The downloading is not
I am sure I have tried all the fixes in the thread, but to no avail. I am nearly at the end of my tether and thinking of sending the box back.

Does anyone have any other ideas apart from what has been said on this thread ? Could it be a dodgy box or cable ?

Thanks for reading

Valerie
Have you turned the box off before pressing download then switch box on after a few seconds ???

valerie25
21st January, 2011, 11:41 PM
Have you turned the box off before pressing download then switch box on after a few seconds ???

Do you mean before pressing "START" to start the download. If so, yes I have tried this.

maca
21st January, 2011, 11:57 PM
try a different null cable m8 they can be tempramental

valerie25
22nd January, 2011, 12:03 AM
try a different null cable m8 they can be tempramental

Thanks for the reply.
Would I be better trying a USB adaptor cable on windows 7 ?

DW190
22nd January, 2011, 12:04 AM
Do you mean before pressing "START" to start the download. If so, yes I have tried this.

Where abouts in the Country are you?

DW190
22nd January, 2011, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the reply.
Would I be better trying a USB adaptor cable on windows 7 ?

If your having problems with XP on a desktop with a serial port, I dont fancy your chances with adaptor and W7.

valerie25
22nd January, 2011, 12:50 AM
Where abouts in the Country are you?

Scotland-Fife

EAMO 2
22nd January, 2011, 11:36 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks for reading
Valerie
Don't give up on it yet. First time flashing a KV box can be very
daunting, but you'll get there. If cable came with box it should be OK. You could borrow cable from friend who has flashed box.
Just to check 1 or 2 things first. Is bin file loading correctly to
loader. When you select bin file you click OPEN on FILE NAME
window where bin file shows. Com 3 looks like correct port
Some people find it better to use this method;
Power on box
Hit START on loader
Power off box
Power on box
Try this & try diff null-modem cable if you like. You could always
ask friend who is good on computers to help you

valerie25
23rd January, 2011, 10:04 PM
Hi again guys,

I'm still having problems d/loading the firmware on my box, so am going to try a USB adaptor with Windows 7.

Just to make sure........could you tell me if this is the correct one - USB TO MALE RS232 DB9 SERIAL NULL MODEM CABLE ADAPTOR on eBay (end time 14-Feb-11 14:26:48 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-MALE-RS232-DB9-SERIAL-NULL-MODEM-CABLE-ADAPTOR-/260665850846?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item3cb0e53bde)

Thanks a lot.

cactikid
23rd January, 2011, 10:41 PM
simplest thing to use is xp and null modem cable and serial port
i presume you have opened the loader and inserted the 03012011 file,box at back is powered off,press the download count to 3 and power on box at rear,sounds as if com 3 is yours

EAMO 2
23rd January, 2011, 11:14 PM
simplest thing to use is xp and null modem cable and serial port
i presume you have opened the loader and inserted the 03012011 file,box at back is powered off,press the download count to 3 and power on box at rear,sounds as if com 3 is yours
Looks to be correct cable. If it doesn't come with installation disc
insert in PC & windows 7 may install it for you. Null modem cable
connects from USB-rs232 cable to box

greengrass
6th February, 2011, 12:43 AM
Firstly many thanks to HiTech for the original post of the excellent guide and also to all subsequent posts that have helped to get me through this.

For anyone who's struggling with a RS232 adapter let me share my experience of this evening.

I have two laptops in the house a 'current' one and the old one that it replaced. Both running XP Pro SP3, neither with a native serial port

I started with the new one (it was handy) and along with a PCMCIA - RS232 adaptor I set about the dirty deed - following the previously mentioned idiots guide. Whatever I tried I just got the very popular "The downloading is not requested" message.

So plan B was to go through the exact same procedure but with the older laptop - installed first time. Same adaptor same leads etc etc.

Now I know this doesn't actually answer any of the questions or solve anybody's problems.
But what I hope it does is illustrate how hit and miss this can be. I know from bitter experience in the past how frustrating it is to follow a guide only to hit a wall and fail.
The guide is brilliant and if you're following it you're most likely doing nothing wrong so however you do it - try another PC, and another one if that doesn't work and another...

If this doesn't help you - I hope it gives you hope.....

EAMO 2
6th February, 2011, 12:53 AM
Firstly many thanks to HiTech for the original post of the excellent guide and also to all subsequent posts that have helped to get me through this.
For anyone who's struggling with a RS232 adapter let me share my experience of this evening.
I have two laptops in the house a 'current' one and the old one that it replaced. Both running XP Pro SP3, neither with a native serial port
I started with the new one (it was handy) and along with a PCMCIA - RS232 adaptor I set about the dirty deed - following the previously mentioned idiots guide. Whatever I tried I just got the very popular "The downloading is not requested" message.
So plan B was to go through the exact same procedure but with the older laptop - installed first time. Same adaptor same leads etc etc.
Now I know this doesn't actually answer any of the questions or solve anybody's problems.
But what I hope it does is illustrate how hit and miss this can be. I know from bitter experience in the past how frustrating it is to follow a guide only to hit a wall and fail.
The guide is brilliant and if you're following it you're most likely doing nothing wrong so however you do it - try another PC, and another one if that doesn't work and another...
If this doesn't help you - I hope it gives you hope.....
No need to be runnin' 'round from PC to PC. If you had selected
correct com-port & installed USB-rs232 driver as in Hi-Teck's
tutorial, you would have flashed box first time

greengrass
7th February, 2011, 12:36 AM
I did all of that. Same driver installed in both laptops. Same adapter - resulted in different com ports, but it's not difficult to work out which com port you need to use at6 the time.

No need to be runnin' 'round from PC to PC. If you had selected
correct com-port & installed USB-rs232 driver as in Hi-Teck's
tutorial, you would have flashed box first time

EAMO 2
7th February, 2011, 03:25 AM
I did all of that. Same driver installed in both laptops. Same adapter - resulted in different com ports, but it's not difficult to work out which com port you need to use at6 the time.
A PC will assign a com-port to any driver installed. You need to
check com-port settings on PC & enter com-port no. on loader
or change com port setting on PC to 1,2,3,or 4

greengrass
7th February, 2011, 10:34 AM
Fair enough - I mustn't have been there when I did it.

Thanks for the advive.

A PC will assign a com-port to any driver installed. You need to
check com-port settings on PC & enter com-port no. on loader
or change com port setting on PC to 1,2,3,or 4

EAMO 2
7th February, 2011, 12:06 PM
Fair enough - I mustn't have been there when I did it.?????????????????????????????????????????

You'll have to rephrase that one I think

bitchmonkey
9th February, 2011, 08:22 PM
i have 750 and the iconnector. I seemed to of lost a lot of channels lately. i have downloaded latest firmware and installed it. when it was done the 750 has "suca" on the display. Do i now need to reset the box of just search again for chanells because when i search it says channels already exists..............i have a few channels but not what i used to have...

thanks

bitchmonkey
9th February, 2011, 08:50 PM
sorted....i reset the whole box after new firmware and then started again looking for my area and scanning again and now all back on

cactikid
9th February, 2011, 09:16 PM
well done the proper way of doing it.

blackhorse1
10th February, 2011, 10:37 PM
Where can I find the following file, Kryptview Bin / Firmware is HERE. (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kryptview-a750-a700-19-03-09-645/) clicking here provides a range of files which file should I use ?

satsmo
11th February, 2011, 01:09 AM
Where can I find the following file, Kryptview Bin / Firmware is HERE. (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kryptview-a750-a700-19-03-09-645/) clicking here provides a range of files which file should I use ?

Which model do you have? I presume it is the A780?

blackhorse1
12th February, 2011, 12:07 PM
yep it is the a780, thanks.

rob100
16th February, 2011, 12:06 PM
Hi Guys please help, i just installed the firmware on a new kryptview a780 and then do a scan. i can see all the channels names but no picture the screen came up with waiting for code update, i can get bbc1 ,2, itv,ch4 ch5 .I left it over 24 hrs and it still say the same. thanks in advance

barrowmanandrew
16th February, 2011, 12:29 PM
hi m8, which firmware did you flash it with?
where did you get it?

can u go into
1. menu.
2. installation.
3. s/w update.

if s/w update option is available then start it and post back reuslts....

Vips
17th February, 2011, 12:01 PM
Some help please? (went through all 13 pages. Not sure about this..)
Just got a A780 box yesterday and found that both my home laptops don't have 9 pin serial port :(
Can I go to my friend's house (he has a desktop pc with serial port and internet. But no cable TV) and do the firmware update? If it's possible, then at which step I should stop (Just after "Download success" message or after final step in the tutorial "Once finished let the box reboot")

Many thanks in advance

cactikid
17th February, 2011, 10:08 PM
if you have a spare usb stick,download the loader and fle from downloads above and put it on the stick,when over at his place plug the stick into pc and it should see it,follow the tuts for flashing and remember box has to be off first before pressing download,then box powered on.all you need to do is flash it at his place thats all,you can scan at your place and have lan removed.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kv780-03-01-10-firmware-1491/

Vips
18th February, 2011, 01:46 PM
if you have a spare usb stick,download the loader and fle from downloads above and put it on the stick,when over at his place plug the stick into pc and it should see it,follow the tuts for flashing and remember box has to be off first before pressing download,then box powered on.all you need to do is flash it at his place thats all,you can scan at your place and have lan removed.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - KV780 03/01/11 Firmware (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kv780-03-01-10-firmware-1491/)

Thanks m8. All sorted yesterday evenning. connected to friend's PC and followed tut. Came to my place and connected net and cable, scanned. All fine :five:

vegitto1987
21st February, 2011, 05:13 PM
do i need to have the box on when i flash it? as in plugged into the main socket

stevieboy10
21st February, 2011, 05:19 PM
keep the box turned off until you press download on loader then quickly switch kv on to initiate the flash process

vegitto1987
21st February, 2011, 05:26 PM
keep the box turned off until you press download on loader then quickly switch kv on to initiate the flash process

so keep it off as in, dont flip the switch on its back or just dont press the front power button?

vegitto1987
21st February, 2011, 05:29 PM
the link for the Bin file on the 2nd post does not work. any solutions

DW190
21st February, 2011, 07:49 PM
the link for the Bin file on the 2nd post does not work. any solutions

You will find it here:

Bin File (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kv780-03-01-11-firmware-1491/)

mrtpw
25th February, 2011, 11:00 PM
Can't get download Tool to work any help please driving me mental

maca
25th February, 2011, 11:01 PM
Can't get download Tool to work any help please driving me mental
working ok here m8

mrtpw
26th February, 2011, 05:34 PM
cant open download tool says its a rar file not recognised can any one please help

LDG
26th February, 2011, 10:20 PM
so if i follow all of this and get a kryptview box, ill be able to have ALL the channels, not just the free to air ones?
thanks

Johny w
1st March, 2011, 06:48 PM
My kyptview 780 will find all the channals but only view the freeview ones. What am i doing wrong. Is there a emu to put on.
Many thanks

Johny w
1st March, 2011, 06:54 PM
Sorry also does anyone know the area code to use for Wigan.
Thanks again

cactikid
1st March, 2011, 10:17 PM
My kyptview 780 will find all the channals but only view the freeview ones. What am i doing wrong. Is there a emu to put on.
Many thanks
have you removed the sticker and plugged in the lan cable into the rear of the box,then reboot box .router and modem

dhruva55
2nd March, 2011, 07:41 PM
hey guys, im recieving my kryptview tomoro, and i was just wondering weather i have to download the original firmware and the new one that came out just a few days ago, or do i just download the one to get my box working?

thanks
:celticparty:

cactikid
3rd March, 2011, 12:24 AM
always use the latest date in firmware,that all you need

k115h
3rd March, 2011, 10:16 PM
After downloading the loader my pc doesn't recognise that anything (the box) has been connected.....Windows XP Pro

cactikid
5th March, 2011, 10:30 AM
After downloading the loader my pc doesn't recognise that anything (the box) has been connected.....Windows XP Pro

have you followed the guide,you download the loader and file to desktop on your pc,have you done that?

krypt
6th March, 2011, 04:29 PM
Hi I have a A780 and have been trying to flash it using a laptop with xp and a usb to serial connector.

i have tried to install the driver following the guide but get the message - not installed as cannot find the necessary software.

I have also followed the rest of the tutorial and checked the port but the only thing that is showing is bluetooth communications port (com3).

I tried to do the flash any way and got the dreaded message download not requested.

Can anyone give some advice on this ?

cheers

badapple
6th March, 2011, 04:38 PM
Krypt m8, looks like you need to update the usb/serial adaptor drivers.

krypt
6th March, 2011, 04:56 PM
How would I do that ?

badapple
6th March, 2011, 05:02 PM
Try loading the software/drivers from the little disc that came with the adaptor again or have a look here for your adaptor
>http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f10/please-upload-maplin-usb-serial-rs232-drivers-d-12622/?highlight=usb+adaptor+drivers

krypt
6th March, 2011, 05:15 PM
went through that link and cannot use any of the links on that thread, they will not open

badapple
6th March, 2011, 05:23 PM
What make & model is the adaptor?
Have you tried re-installing the drivers from the little disk?
Do a google search for your adaptor & you should find the latest drivers.

krypt
6th March, 2011, 05:28 PM
I think I will have to get a new usb connector as it did not come with a disk and there is no details of make or model anywhere on it.

krypt
13th March, 2011, 03:08 PM
Hi again I have got a new usb adaptor and have now installed it so I can see which port needs to be used com 4 on mine, I have everything else in place but when I try to flash the box I get the download not requested message, I have been through the Tut several times and have trawled the replies on all these pages and tried all the advice and still nothing, can someone please help

cactikid
26th April, 2011, 10:12 PM
best to s/w update by lan to newest firmware.

eddie121
27th April, 2011, 12:29 AM
omg holy crap it works wow and somebody wanted to charge me ?10 for this thz every1 for your help and support i still cant believe i did this

cactikid
27th April, 2011, 12:38 AM
i would have charged you ?20 lol.have you updated on the internet to the 24042011 firmware yet?if not go to menu-system info-s/w update and ok let box update to new firmware and box reboots,factory reset and rescan without lan connected,when channels loaded insert lan power off box at rear and modem and router for 30 secs then on.

amjadhussain
28th April, 2011, 10:09 AM
Will this work with windows XP?

eddie121
28th April, 2011, 02:07 PM
i would have charged you ?20 lol.have you updated on the internet to the 24042011 firmware yet?if not go to menu-system info-s/w update and ok let box update to new firmware and box reboots,factory reset and rescan without lan connected,when channels loaded insert lan power off box at rear and modem and router for 30 secs then on.

i updated with this Kryptview_A750_03012011 with usb connector which i brought coz my laptop did not have 9pin connector anyway thx again but yesterday all the channels went (only few were coming including the channels i watch which are sky sports but now they are gone again) what do you suggest i should do wait until they come back )
i do use the kryptview a750 with i connect:stoned::stoned:

cactikid
28th April, 2011, 09:14 PM
the s/w update is on your firmware which you use to connect to internet. menu...installation....s/w update,,allow box to reboot,dont touch anything until done,then factory reset and rescan as above as in 229

davidbackham
16th May, 2011, 06:30 PM
links please. thanks in advance

joe516
16th May, 2011, 08:51 PM
links please. thanks in advance

update on your box m8

davidbackham
17th May, 2011, 04:56 PM
Thanks for sharing and giving nice instruction.
I have a750 box i have followed your instruction but i couldn't download firmware as it say "Download Fail" i think i am stuck in last step.

I did connect using null usb adopter then i turned of the box then i clicked on "START" after 3 seconds i plugged in box then computer screen show downloading 0%, after few seconds it says "Download Fail"

any help would be appreciate..

cactikid
17th May, 2011, 09:23 PM
if you have the jan firmware on box you should have the option
to s/w upgrade with remote no cables or pc needed

davidbackham
18th May, 2011, 08:43 PM
I got A750. thanks for replying but when i Click on "S/W Transfer" that doesn't do anything!! can you tell me where should i click

Federer16
18th May, 2011, 08:50 PM
you need to select "s/w upgrade"

davidbackham
19th May, 2011, 05:29 PM
I DON'T HAVE THE OPTION CALLED "S/W UPGRADE" INSTEAD I GOT "S/W DOWNLOAD" BUT THAT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING

chsonu
19th May, 2011, 06:04 PM
hello guys,

1) I connect my STB with computer using USB null cable.

download STB editor

Download the Image file from this website.

when i try to upload the Image file, it says

( Download Is Not Requested ).

what i am doing wrong?

2) try to download something from STB to PC.

Same error message.

3) I shitch the STB off from plug,then When i click on start to upload Image to box, I plug the STB back on.

but still same error message.

any idea?

I bought this box brand new online, the funny thing is it has no option under installation to ( S/W update ). which I had in my old box which burn due to electric shock.

cactikid
19th May, 2011, 08:25 PM
follow the guides closely,you may need drivers for usb device,if you had a pc with xp and a serial port it would be easier,are you running vista or windows7?

Jagga001
27th May, 2011, 10:55 PM
Hi, guys..

I think i've read and re-read this thread 2-3 times but i'm stuck on what seems to be nearly the final stage.

I've flashed, uploaded the A750 F/W and then connected it to the TV, factory reset, connected the i-conn and then scanned for channels. BUT, my i-conn is only displaying a single green light which is the Power one.

My i-conn's lights were all flickering earlier on the old firmware, which nearly eliminates hardware problems.

Anyone been in a similar situation or has a walk-around?

Thank you

Jagga001
28th May, 2011, 12:04 AM
Don't worry guy's, issue resolved :)

haz
2nd June, 2011, 09:37 PM
I have the same promlem how did you resolve it M8

DW190
2nd June, 2011, 09:55 PM
I have the same promlem how did you resolve it M8

Probably by powering off and back on the Iconn and router.

haz
2nd June, 2011, 11:20 PM
I have tried that and still only one green light
Have reflashed the box and rescan still no luck
Looks to me the i connector may be locked in a cycle
is there any way to reprogam the i connector
Help

cactikid
2nd June, 2011, 11:28 PM
some times it needs many off on goes the iconnect

Footymania
6th June, 2011, 07:25 PM
It dont i tried to download the loaders and firmware but it says windows cnt open the file ???? plzzz help really wnt this to work igot krypti a750

EAMO 2
8th June, 2011, 10:46 AM
It dont i tried to download the loaders and firmware but it says windows cnt open the file ???? plzzz help really wnt this to work igot krypti a750

Download WINRAR & use to open file. You don't open bin file, just
place it in letterbox on loader

EAMO 2
8th June, 2011, 10:56 AM
Don't worry guy's, issue resolved :)

You came on DK, downloaded any necessary files.
When you had a problem you asked for help.
When you resolved problem you posted back;
I'M ALRIGHT JACK-------F**K YOU
That's not good enough. If I was A moderator you would be banned until you posted an apology to DK membership for
your selfish behaviour. If you had not resolved your issue
my money says you would be on here pleading for help

speccs99
16th June, 2011, 09:10 PM
hi, could someone please advise me if the files in this tutorial are still the ones to use, cheers all :laugh:

glenhunter1
19th June, 2011, 06:36 PM
my A780 stopped working after aprox 6 months says scramble signal as the softwware run out cause it wus allready on when i got it if so how do i get it bk on again iv tried resetting it appreciate any help cheers

gixser6
20th June, 2011, 11:49 PM
Hi Guy's I have the same problem as mentioned many times here, STB Editor, The downloading is not requested??

I'm using a null modem cable and I'm in Com 1 but still keep getting the same msg?

I have followed the instructions posted many times but to no avail.

Very fustrating :'(

gixser6
21st June, 2011, 01:12 AM
Here is a link on how to wire your own Null Modem cable if you don't want to buy one.

RS232 serial null modem cable wiring and tutorial (http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/info/RS-232_null_modem.html)

Pudge
21st June, 2011, 01:28 AM
Followed the instructions and got the device working.Thanks and keep up the good work!

EAMO 2
21st June, 2011, 05:38 AM
my A780 stopped working after aprox 6 months says scramble signal as the softwware run out cause it wus allready on when i got it if so how do i get it bk on again iv tried resetting it appreciate any help cheers

Not aware of any expiry date with KV boxes. Check are FTA chls
showing, then check settings in menu on box,auto connect etc.
Turn off box & router for 1 min, reboot router then box. If you get no result fac-reset box, re-flash with latest firmware
Digital Kaos - Downloads - KV780 03/01/11 Firmware (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kv780-03-01-11-firmware-1491/)
Then do an on-line update----24/4/11 bin file
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/a780-24-04-2011-firmware-release-120009/.
When complete scan for channels. After scan re-boot router & box if chls not clearing
Cactikid is your man if you can't sort it out

EAMO 2
21st June, 2011, 05:51 AM
Hi Guy's I have the same problem as mentioned many times here, STB Editor, The downloading is not requested??

I'm using a null modem cable and I'm in Com 1 but still keep getting the same msg?

I have followed the instructions posted many times but to no avail.

Very fustrating :'(
Make sure COM1 is the port assigned to rs232 port. You may need to re-assign rs232 port as COM 1,2,3,or 4. If using USB-rs232 lead
same applies,try diff USB port or reassign USB port to 1,2,3,or 4
When flashing you can change ComPort setting on STB-editor to
Com1,2,3,or 4

dools
28th June, 2011, 05:05 PM
Hello people, wonder if anyone can help?

Just got the A780
Trying to flash the 24042011 bin but I keep getting 'download failed'.
I've had a good read and a google (apologies in advance if it's covered and I've missed it) but my issue seems different to tother people's in that failure happens at anything from 8% to 55% so I assume that my null cable connection, communication etc is ok? It's the cable I used many times on my eurovox with no issues.

My set-up
Win XP
COM 1 (I've changed the bit rate to 115200 but still no success)
STB Editor ver 1
Null modem cable (not usb adapter)

Thank for any help/advice you can give

Dools

lincsat
29th June, 2011, 03:11 AM
I have the port set at the default 9600 - 8 - none - 1 - none.

Could it be that you have a corrupt file. Thy loading the un-patched file first, or even the January file - and make sure the connector is firmly in the box, if you also have the scart connected they sometimes are a bit tight.

dools
29th June, 2011, 04:49 PM
I have the port set at the default 9600 - 8 - none - 1 - none.

Could it be that you have a corrupt file. Thy loading the un-patched file first, or even the January file - and make sure the connector is firmly in the box, if you also have the scart connected they sometimes are a bit tight.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried the other 2 files from bigmaq and also re-downloaded the april file but this time from from this site but still had no success with any of them.

Connector is screwed in.
No scart lead attached, just the null modem cable.
I've ordered a usb convertor and cable from ebay so that I can eleminate my pc serial port and the existing modem cable as the possible problem.
I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again

Dools

gonga83
2nd July, 2011, 04:02 PM
hi loader will not open for me any ideas please

butcherboy
7th July, 2011, 12:59 AM
it will not let me get the 2 download files sorry am new lol

kaz86man
7th July, 2011, 01:10 PM
i have got the same problem any suggestions?

cactikid
7th July, 2011, 10:02 PM
yes try again,as forum needed to update you.

tezzagee
16th July, 2011, 12:36 PM
howcan i get bin file to work asforgot please message help

reggiie
22nd July, 2011, 01:30 PM
hello everyone do i have to connect kv to my router or can i just update firmware and plug it back in box has been stored since n3 not long come back to these forum's. thanks.

toon1892
21st August, 2011, 12:10 PM
hi new to this i have just bought kryptview a780 and looking for help to set this up

cactikid
21st August, 2011, 01:29 PM
welcome to dk have you read the first post?? you need an xp pc and null modem cable to flash box with file.same port needed on pc and on kv

cactikid
21st August, 2011, 01:30 PM
forgot this lol
Flashing the KV780 - YouTube

Setting up the Kryptview KV780 Cable Receiver - YouTube

Aeiou
23rd August, 2011, 07:09 PM
thanks for the help in this page.

hiranuk
29th August, 2011, 01:12 PM
Hi

I have KV A780, does anyone know of any other user interface that i can flash. The defaut one is rubbish. What i mean is when you press the green button to being up the catergory view, if you want to delete a category eg Radio, and Live events you cant do it, you can only delete the channels within the category. Also its not easy to see what programme is on, you have to press the EPG button, with the Starview when you press the ok button the channel list comes up and beside each channel it tells you what programme is on. Does anyone know if there is another image that can be flashed that has a different look and feel.

vijayhirani
11th September, 2011, 04:30 PM
hi all
thanks for all the help.

vijayhirani
11th September, 2011, 04:32 PM
forgot to add

cactikid
11th September, 2011, 05:32 PM
check the firmware date in system info as it needs to be 24042011 if there is a sw update via lan with remote,dont touch anything until box reboots.factory reset then a fresh scan from direct feed

vijayhirani
12th September, 2011, 10:33 AM
check the firmware date in system info as it needs to be 24042011 if there is a sw update via lan with remote,dont touch anything until box reboots.factory reset then a fresh scan from direct feed

Thanks to everyone on this website.

cactikid
12th September, 2011, 08:58 PM
maybe you did not scan from direct feed or correct id,well your sorted anyway lol.

snist
22nd September, 2011, 11:40 AM
Just joined site had a look on others this seems best,just bought a780 waiting on null cable, will download later instructions read like a book Thanks!

voweka
6th October, 2011, 08:17 PM
hello guys please help am a newbe am trying to download the loader and bin

matt ti
6th October, 2011, 08:33 PM
hi just got a a780 good site reads well

sculldawg
9th November, 2011, 07:12 PM
Hi there,

I'm new to this. If possible, would someone be able to post a step by step of how to flash, load or whatever it is you do to get the Kryptview able to descramble the channels. Thanks.

:giveup:

ASEK
9th November, 2011, 08:15 PM
have a look at the stickie posts top of forum.

choosy
13th November, 2011, 09:51 PM
Hi
I have a kv a780 was working but stopped earlier this year. Is there a new software download and also is there a driver for maplins nul modem cable. thanks anyone help

kishor29
15th November, 2011, 10:36 PM
does anyone have file for this box?

:bike:

munish1000
21st November, 2011, 09:17 PM
Hi is there a new software? I have 24/04/11 pv3.8.00 v3.0.0. Thanks

cactikid
21st November, 2011, 10:26 PM
it is an online update only.

Jester2050
22nd November, 2011, 08:29 PM
Hi, I am new to the forum and am thinking of getting the a780.

A friend of mine has recently bought one but it keeps freezing while watching channels.

He has a VM 100mb line.

Anyone else experiencing the same or is it just his box?

Who is the best retailer to purchase one?

Thanks for any help.

Jester2050
24th November, 2011, 09:46 PM
Hi, I am new to the forum and am thinking of getting the a780.

A friend of mine has recently bought one but it keeps freezing while watching channels.

He has a VM 100mb line.

Anyone else experiencing the same or is it just his box?

Who is the best retailer to purchase one?

Thanks for any help.

Anyone to any advice ??

janwar99
3rd December, 2011, 03:47 PM
Hi
I am new to this forum.
I am trying to flash a780. I will like to know if the software links on the first page is the latest or I need to look elsewhere for latest software to update a780.
Thanks

cactikid
3rd December, 2011, 03:52 PM
if box was flashed with jan firmware 2011 you can do a software update to latest firmware to update it,dont touch anything while in progress.

richp
9th December, 2011, 08:45 PM
Hi, i'm trying to flash my a780. I have the correct cables/drivers/port etc. Every time i press start on the stb loader a pop up reads, 'Downloading not requested' I have tried with the k/v box on and off, with scart and LAN in and out but always the same result. Please,please help!

ASEK
9th December, 2011, 09:35 PM
is this the first flash on a new box?
first flash all u need is the serial lead in and follow the tut for loading the jan2011 file to start off.

richp
9th December, 2011, 10:10 PM
yes mate,1st flash. tried with bin file from april. (24042011)

ASEK
9th December, 2011, 10:12 PM
using a tower system or a lappy?