PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 cluster miles - to km

DjRomeoR
19th June, 2014, 07:55 PM
Hello,

I wanna to change miles to km ,i know how to do this ,but after i change this miles to km ,ore other cluster parameters change ,spidometer show not in miles ,but in km , or he show's only miles speed ,I only can change display miles to km ?

Thank you for help .

88diablo
19th June, 2014, 08:00 PM
The speed meter will stay just the same as it is now showing correct speed in both miles and KM's as it does now, the odometer will display KM's and will instantly jump from your miles you have know to KM's.

Tefocm
19th June, 2014, 08:01 PM
Open Channel 17 in VCDS> Coding then change the software coding to ##5##...the current software coding should be ##4##, which is United Kingdom region, by changing the 4 to 5 you will change the software coding to Japan region, which is a lot more convinient for you. It works all the time for me. Dont forget to say thanks, problem solved.

DjRomeoR
19th June, 2014, 08:13 PM
i will try this tomorrow , ore speed gauge show europe parameter not english if i code 5 software??

Thank you .

88diablo
19th June, 2014, 08:15 PM
If you have original faceplate on dash it will still show correct speed in whatever un its it has, this will not change because if it did it would be wrong. Are you trying to put a different country face plate on to get rid of the MPH altogether?

Tefocm
19th June, 2014, 10:09 PM
U dont need to change the faceplate because it displays both miles and km...so by doing this you get a cluster that i showing kms in the lcd's...but is cooler than other A3' in ur area because the face plate is both miles and kms :-D

gttuning
19th June, 2014, 10:16 PM
check rosstech.com

DjRomeoR
20th June, 2014, 05:23 AM
check rosstech.com

yes it's best solution aske google ore check rosstech.com i don't have 2-5days to search. ...

88diablo
20th June, 2014, 08:08 AM
We don't really fully know what your trying to do ......... I'm reading between the lines and thinking you have a uk dash/car with a MPH & KMH faceplate and want to display only km for both trip and faceplate as if it were native Europe? If so VCDS will change odo to km's by change country code as stated already and then you will have to buy a face plate that lines up correctly with the calibration you already have on yours. Much easier though is buy 2nd hand LHD cluster and adapt to car with VCDS.

DjRomeoR
20th June, 2014, 10:19 AM
I in first post say i know hoe change miles to km .
1 - i have uk dashboard.
2- i changed miles - to km.
3 - and i wanna to know or speed when i change face plate in europe , shows right speed not in miles speed.

88diablo
20th June, 2014, 10:27 AM
The speedo calibration will not change by changing with VCDS as it is already reading correct for the original faceplate. If you swap faceplate to one from Europe then you need to find one that has numbers in same position i.e. 0km at where 0km is and 30km the same degrees around the dial and 70km at same point and ....... so on. If you cannot find replacement faceplate with same scaling then there are a couple of very clever people that have in the past altered peoples dumps to change scaling to new faceplate so you could try posting dump on here. Much much easier soloution though is buy 2nd dash from country of choice and adapt to car properly. After all I presume your going to buy 2nd hand dash for new faceplate anyway.

DjRomeoR
20th June, 2014, 10:40 AM
Thank you now i understand :)