PDA

View Full Version : 2003 honda pilot, light on and no code!

FxShaw
24th June, 2014, 06:33 PM
77960 s9v a730 m1 2003 honda pilot ...no code what so ever in srs module and yet the airbag light is on...any ideas? I tried 2 module and same thing. disconnected batter and same thing...

martij976
25th June, 2014, 03:42 AM
Kill the LED lol
no, seriously, more info would be great.
car after accident ? Srs components replaced?
Mexicans touched the car? Proper tool used? etc...
first, try to read code "old" style: pin #9 of OBD2 to the ground, ign. to II.
Read code ( srs light- count long + short blink = give the code. Fast blinks on the beginning = 10)
Also make sure, that srs light have some delay, after turning ign. on and doesn't go off the same time as ABS light.
Already seen many modifications lol
GL

FxShaw
25th June, 2014, 04:13 AM
Yea accident. I think airbag was replaced there was a code for opds...found that 2 wire was out the plug...fix that and no more opds code...and now no code at all in srs module at all but light still on..I tried to program opds but that fail. Tried to clear through obd even though there is no code, but that fail too. If I unplug anything then it shows up on srs unit...if i plug them all back then no codes at all. airbag light is solid as soon as ignition is on.

martij976
26th June, 2014, 03:10 AM
Strange thing... Only thinking of bad cluster?
Try also reset manually with MES connector. If light flash properly in procedure,
than cluster is ok and I would try one more srs unit (which is weird cause you tried already two).
Maybe someone changed the cluster? As I know, the printed board is in every year different. Duno
if they work the same. Maybe there is the problem.

raddi
26th June, 2014, 03:50 PM
Try to scan with another scanner....

FxShaw
26th June, 2014, 05:57 PM
Its not the cluster...cause from I have been told, it happened right after the accident and no one open or touch the modules cause this one can be clear through obd...no need for reading chip or changing dump. Car out of my hands but it might return back to haunt me later on to fix it :-). I think the easiest way to fix it, is to drive it off a bridge :D.