PDA

View Full Version : Fiat Croma 1.9 JTD EDC16C39 EGR OFF

Fec001
25th June, 2014, 09:05 AM
Hello!
I switched off EGR by hysteresis, all fine, DTC (P0401) gone and no MIL lamp. Only thing is I get error code: P2107 - Motorised throttle.
Anyone did EGR off in this type of car before? I uploaded ori file

TribesMac
25th June, 2014, 09:17 AM
P2107 has nothing to do with EGR, it is error of a motorised throttle valve, that is used to turn off the engine. ECU detected a fault on a servo motor that runs the throttle valve.

You have to either replace a throttle valve with new one, or turn it off in the ECU, but that is not easy.

Fec001
25th June, 2014, 09:32 AM
Yes, I know what it is and what it does :) But before writing mod file there wasn'T this DTC and I tought it is releated for my mod somehow.

Seems it solved. P2107 triggered randomly

TribesMac
25th June, 2014, 10:29 AM
EGR off can be easily done just by hysteresis map in this car. 100% no problems... this throttle error is unrelated to EGR. It is an electrical/mechanical fault of the throttle itself...
I don't know how did you make EGR off file, as you have only attached original eeprom file, but this is really an easy job. I have done in on a few Cromas with exactly the same SW number, and I had no issues.

Usually the problem is that the seal on the throttle valve axis wears out and then the oil that is present in the intake hoses leaks through the seal into the control electronics of the throttle valve. Giving you this kind of errors. Sometimes it helps if you open up the electronic module of the throttle valve and clean it up, but this is just a temporary solution...

Nio
25th June, 2014, 10:44 AM
I think TribesMac is correct counseil. i made a lot of this cars without problems only just by hysteresis map. BR.

Fec001
25th June, 2014, 10:55 AM
yes problem solved by hysteresis. P2107 triggered randomly