PDA

View Full Version : Can someone stop me going mental

sparkss
13th June, 2008, 09:11 PM
Hi Guys and Girls and those that are not sure,

Im just starting out with a dreambox 500 and getting to the stage where Im banging my head of a brick wall

All I want to do is insert my Bulsat card into the 500 and watch a channel and therefore realise that my local card is working on the box
Then I can progress into the world of mental with the rest of you Ninjas.
I have installed the dk image and downloaded and installed everything under the sun with no joy.
Network is fine just no picture I also have a TM6800HD Ptched so im not interested in watching anything other than Bulsat

Is there anybody that can help out by just guiding me in the right direction
Im at the stage now where everything is a big blur and am sick of trawling the internet chasing ghosts.
I hope you understand because I dont.
At this stage a simple you need such and such a cam and config just to get thebox reading the card and showing a picture would be cool before.
Do i need to add a cam number id number box number keys or anything else to get the damn thing started before everything else goes the shape of a large pear

cheers

2tone
14th June, 2008, 07:58 AM
More than sure CCcam & g-box should work it you might have to change some stuff in the config of it ill pm you a good place to have a look

krazylegz
14th June, 2008, 11:23 AM
do you get any of the free channels on the package m8 to make sure dish is alligned properly??

as 2tone said CCcam and gbox work, CCcam is the easiest make sure chip is pointing down in card slot

sparkss
14th June, 2008, 01:25 PM
do you get any of the free channels on the package m8 to make sure dish is alligned properly??

as 2tone said CCcam and gbox work, CCcam is the easiest make sure chip is pointing down in card slot

Yes I am sure the dish is on the bird and the card is in correctly
If I put the card in a Bulsat receiver I get all the channels If I put the card in the 500s Start CCCAM nothing Common Interface Nothing GBox nothing SCAM Nothing.
Im on the new Gemni image again now because DK hangs all the time on downloading with the message please wait.
On the Gemni image I have no problems and am straight onto the download server every time with the same ip addy on the dreambox.
Apart from trial and error downloading every emu the image supports I can do nothing else.
Valis subscription and the card wont work
Theres something ironic in there somewhere
The really sickening thing is I bought the Db to set up sharing with a Katy 910 and now wish I had never heard of Dreambox

Mental was not an understatment

krazylegz
14th June, 2008, 01:38 PM
try flashing pli-lolite image.......far better than gemeni with a better addon server, did you download the config for the emu's aswell?

what encryption is the card is it irdeto, viaccess, nds??

Neil
14th June, 2008, 02:06 PM
try flashing pli-lolite image.......far better than gemeni with a better addon server, did you download the config for the emu's aswell?

what encryption is the card is it irdeto, viaccess, nds??

This is a quote from the Pli admin

we don't support our images on clone boxes!

therefore this topic will be closed!

So Pli might not be the best image for a 500

krazylegz
14th June, 2008, 02:28 PM
pli havent put a timebomb in their images like gemeni have, and the best image in my eyes is nabilosat0.8 maxvar, i just stated pli was better than gemeni

sparkss
15th June, 2008, 10:15 AM
Well the update is I cant be bothered any more Hours trawling the internet to be met with you have to register on the forum to read the thread only to be met with rubbish information.
I just stuck an ITV Partner card in on cccam and it fired up straight away.
Now its onwards and upwards into the real mental world of cs:withstupid:

Of all the images I have tried and I lost count at 20 ish the DK image is the most pleasing to the eye
The problems I have seen with it so far (as a heads up you understand)

If your internet connection (mine was bouncing and up and down like a whores knickers all day yesterday) is down the server responce is missing and the box hangs.
On other images the message the address or host could not be resolved flashes up after about 10 seconds and the box does not hang

When using multi sats with ucals the box hangs when moving from bird to bird I noticed it was affecting only 19 deg but I could be wrong It definatly hangs though.

Thanks to all I will keep my eye on this image.

C64
15th June, 2008, 06:54 PM
What is bulsat, polsat by any chance?

If I were you I'd install Nabilosat 0.8, then add CCam and get onto the Nabilosat forums, they'll soon sort you out.

Curious123
16th June, 2008, 10:02 AM
Bulgarin Satellite card of some sort?

satman
16th June, 2008, 12:20 PM
Bulgarin Satellite card of some sort?
Yes,, Bulsat is indeed,, and to make matters fun i am sure they are Nd$