PDA

View Full Version : Children's life in a 'hell hole': Parents jailed over rubbish-tip home

gmb45
23rd June, 2009, 06:08 AM
Three children had to be rescued after their parents turned the family home into a squalid ?hell hole?, a court heard yesterday.

The youngsters, aged one, three and four, were kept inside day and night by their cruel parents and forced to play among the filth and rubbish piled high in every room.
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/gmb45/albums/smilies/1192-squalid.jpg
Yesterday the 26-year-old man and 25-year-old woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were jailed for three years at York Crown Court after admitting cruelty to their children.
Rubbish piled in kitchen of 'hell hole' home

Judge Stephen Ashurst told them: ?The three very young children were not so much living as surviving in that dark, insanitary and squalid house. They were prisoners in their own home.?

Detective Constable Debbie Outwin, of the Protecting Vulnerable Persons Unit in York, said: ?The only words to describe the house were ?hell hole?.?

The stench was unbearable and the house was littered with rotting food and human excrement, the court heard.
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/gmb45/albums/smilies/1193-sq2.jpg
Banned from playing in the garden during the summer months, the youngsters were kept in virtual darkness as every window was covered.

Eventually a concerned neighbour reported the dilapidated state of the building?s exterior to York city council and the authorities moved in, arresting

Passing sentence, Judge Ashurst said: ?Your children were being exposed to quite appalling squalor, a state of affairs you had jointly brought about.

?Every available surface in the house was knee-deep in rubbish and filth. All three were dirty and unkempt. This was due to your own self-obsessed behaviour.

'You the parents are both intelligent adults and therefore what you did is extremely difficult to comprehend.?
A dirty bedroom at the f 'hell hole' home

The two girls, aged one and four, and the three-year-old boy were unable to play in the garden and the house was ?eerily? quiet during the day, the court heard.

Prosecutor Peter Moulson said that when the family moved into the house in York in February 2006, it was in a good state of repair.

?However, it quickly deteriorated,? he added. ?The smell was putrid.?

Reports from two paediatricians revealed the children showed a ?developmental delay? with an aversion to washing and language problems.

Disgusting: The soiled and stinking bed the two other children shared in York

Glenn Parsons, defending, said the children had not been physically assaulted and their unmarried parents said they loved them.

He said the unemployed father had suffered from anxiety and a fear of open spaces, while the woman, who worked as a caterer, blamed the man?s ?controlling influence? for the cruelty.

A family court hearing will be held later this year to decide the children?s long-term future.

City of York Council refused to reveal if the family was previously known to social services.

chroma
23rd June, 2009, 06:46 AM
HOW THE FU-?!

How is it even possable to allow your place to get into such a state?
Dont missunderstand me, im a "clatty bastard" at the best of times. I prefer "World Championchip Tablestacker" on account of building piles on the coffee table, it collapses and its game over and time to gut the place.
It shold be noted that stacking usualy consists of empty cans of coke/beer and the odd pizza box, nothing food based and cans must be empty to maintain the center of gravity ;) my record is 217empty cans and 4 16" pizza boxes equating to a height of just over 2'6" BEST HANGOVER CURE EVER, after a party you wind up with plenty of stackables :)

The rest of the place is generaly spotless and gets hovered at the very least every second day (usualy daily due to the dog, unless im working like a madman or shattered) hoovering around the table is a delicate task however and must be done with a certain degree of technical proficiency, lest i disturb the stack. Rebuilding is out of the question and completely defeats the purpose. Everywhere else remains spotless, just my table that gets the brunt of my pathological cluttering.
I dont hoover at least as much and the place begins to smell like my dog which is bleurgh.
I also jump in the shower once a week with my dog to keep him clean but thats a whole other issue.

When you cant see the floor things are in a sorry state, and you should never be able to smell anything nasty.
Id rather take a dump in the street than go near that toilet :o

I mean fair enough, a single guy can make a mess upon occasion but certainly not when theres kids involved, i can remember religiously cleaning up after my stepdaughter as she grew up, i let it slide for even a day and things became overwhelmingly cluttered.

lfc4life
23rd June, 2009, 06:50 AM
why as the uk are alot more people losing respect and there morals for themselves? :(

Oily
23rd June, 2009, 09:52 AM
It is indeed a sad state of affairs when you see stories like this.You've just got to feel sorry for the kids who knew no different.
Parents blaming one thing or another,why can't they just admit what they did was wrong :eek:

and they should be sterilised ...................

forntida
23rd June, 2009, 10:19 AM
It is indeed a sad state of affairs when you see stories like this.You've just got to feel sorry for the kids who knew no different.
Parents blaming one thing or another,why can't they just admit what they did was wrong :eek:

and they should be sterilised ...................

What we need is a more efficient Social Service so that an eye can be kept on suspected 'abusers', because it is abuse.
Why haven't their friends seen and reported this earlier. They are just as much to blame.:argh:

'Sterilised? Have you polished your jack boots this morning.lol

Oily
23rd June, 2009, 12:13 PM
'Sterilised? Have you polished your jack boots this morning.lol

It was meant in a sarcastic manner but couldn't see a sarcastic smilie :p

But you have to wonder though about some peoples 'parenting skills'
With regards to the Social Services,they have a thankless task of trying to sort out problems like this.
They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Mr Pumpy
23rd June, 2009, 06:46 PM
Saw this on the news last night.
My heart goes out to those 3 young children, the state of that house was quite unbelievable.
But you'd be surprised how some people live. Some years ago my mother was doing a degree, summat to do with mental health, which involved working with a community nurse for about 6 months. She used to tell me that some of the people with mental problems were sometimes living in squalor.

Lainie
23rd June, 2009, 08:22 PM
for reasons i wont go into that makes me rip roaring raging rampant mad. i hope they never get their kiddies back and they go to a family that will look after them properly.

Mr Pumpy
23rd June, 2009, 09:38 PM
for reasons i wont go into that makes me rip roaring raging rampant mad. i hope they never get their kiddies back and they go to a family that will look after them properly.

Agree 100%