PDA

View Full Version : Kryptview

dan20leeds
23rd June, 2009, 11:14 AM
Just got mine this morning, total newbee at these things but wilf has been very helpful in me actually gettingthe box and guiding me through things. anyway, got the box downloaded the loader thing and the software, said software successful. now here is the problem, I have a splitter but not used it yet as I have no idea to connect it and dont want to damage my broadband. so i connected my kryptview to the tv and it came on and just goes onto the installation page, i search for channels but no channels appear. where am i going wrong? thanks

wilf
23rd June, 2009, 11:22 AM
on the wall outside there is a brown box yes?? and a white 1 inside yes?? there should be two connectors underneath the 1 on the right is this going to your modem??

mtv1
23rd June, 2009, 10:03 PM
hi guys , why do i have to manually input transponders on a750 ,its driving me dulally cheers

gazza2008
23rd June, 2009, 10:11 PM
hi guys , why do i have to manually input transponders on a750 ,its driving me dulally cheers

u shouldnt have 2

when u doing a scan r u doing all transponders

wilf
23rd June, 2009, 10:12 PM
when you select installation ok 0000 then auto search then press green button does it not do it automatically, i have never had to manually put them in. ps also select network

mtv1
23rd June, 2009, 10:19 PM
no green option m8 yellow + red ?

wilf
23rd June, 2009, 10:23 PM
mine green or yellow must have made a change to it but anyway select you provider then underneath that channel search type select network then press whichever button says start search

mtv1
23rd June, 2009, 10:26 PM
ya i did that not scanning only 2 transponders i will reflash which one would you recommend thanks m8

wilf
23rd June, 2009, 10:29 PM
i find 750 got all channels on 13.3.09 thats what i use but your in ireland so it may need to be trial and error m8

mtv1
23rd June, 2009, 10:31 PM
i turned it off for half hour m8 went back and scanned again perfect thanks a million m8

dan20leeds
23rd June, 2009, 11:07 PM
so i have all my box, really want to get it working but just dont know how to connect this splitter and why i need a splitter

Numbskull
24th June, 2009, 10:40 AM
When the cable company fitted your broadband, they ran the main feed into a brown box, somewhere on the outside of your house. You need to buy a splitter to send a signal to your TV and a signal to you B/B. When you look at the splitter they are self explanatory. One connector will be marked in and two will be marked out.
From the outs run one to your box and the other to your B/B. If you want to use both at the same time, you will definitely need a splitter box.

dan20leeds
24th June, 2009, 12:37 PM
dont understand, ask wilf, i am having right problems

Numbskull
24th June, 2009, 12:41 PM
dont understand, ask wilf, i am having right problems

What part don't you understand. And I will try and go into a little more detail. have you found the brown box, on the outside of your house.

wilf
24th June, 2009, 03:22 PM
dans problem is he is trying to get digital channels down an analogue cable, he has a analogue minimum package box from vm, he has been told by vm that he needs to upgrade to digital as they are and we know they are its switching over at the moment area by area those that are still on analogue. he connected up his kryptview but it only found i think he said 7 transponders. i however have said that prob the best thing for him to do is tell vm ok upgrade me to the minimum digital package then when all done and cable has been renewed put in the kryptview

Numbskull
24th June, 2009, 04:03 PM
dans problem is he is trying to get digital channels down an analogue cable, he has a analogue minimum package box from vm, he has been told by vm that he needs to upgrade to digital as they are and we know they are its switching over at the moment area by area those that are still on analogue. he connected up his kryptview but it only found i think he said 7 transponders. i however have said that prob the best thing for him to do is tell vm ok upgrade me to the minimum digital package then when all done and cable has been renewed put in the kryptview

Got you wilf. So he has'nt got VM Broardband.

wilf
24th June, 2009, 04:59 PM
Got you wilf. So he has'nt got VM Broardband.

yes he has but its seperated outside he says, he explained the wiring to me and i think it was one of those monday morning after the night before jobs, i have tried to explain that if he splits that bb cable and runs a new cable to the kryptview it wont do any damage to bb modem but he doesnt really want to get involved with splitting it for some reason, which is what vm will do if he chooses other option of getting them to install the new cabling for minimum digi package. have left him to ponder his options and he's going to try find someone local to do it, if not then only he can decide which way to do this. he'll get there in the end and wonder what all the fuss was about