PDA

View Full Version : Blade BM7000S WIFI?

dantimp
30th June, 2014, 10:24 PM
Good Evening All,

I have a Blade BM7000S box, a couple of weeks back a Lightening Strike blew my Virgin Router, travelled down my LAN cable into the Blade Box. This subsequently blew the HDMI Output of the box, and the HDMI Input to my TV. I also believe that it has blew the LAN input. I can use the blade box via the Scart and it works fine but will not connect to the internet, therefore I assume that it has blew something with the LAN Input.

When I turn the box on, the LAN lights flash once, but then will not connect at all. I have used the same cable on the Laptop, therefore I know that the cable is fine.

My question is, can I use the WIFI Dongle on the BM7000S? I seem to see different things on various forums.

Secondly, if it does work, do you know if a USB splitter would work so that I can connect to the WIFI and also plug a HDD to record?

Thanks
Dan

ramjet
30th June, 2014, 10:48 PM
I would say no to both options, unless you tried them and found one or both worked

I would say a definite NO to the wifi dongle one, as they tend to plug into the ethernet socket (the tenda and similar devices)
usb ones for a pc need drivers , like printers and mice and keyboards etc, so there wont be the drivers in the blade firmware for these

so my opinion is --- NO

dantimp
1st July, 2014, 09:30 PM
Contacted blade today and they say the the BM7000S cannot connect to WIFI. Looks like I'm gonna have to find a new box!!