PDA

View Full Version : 500s setup

dafman
14th June, 2008, 10:38 AM
just got a DB500s for 80quid (prob a clone) Ive seen some guides for setting up a 500c are they the same for the satalite version Im a complete novice to this Thanks in advance for any help

krazylegz
14th June, 2008, 11:27 AM
have you got dish all setup?

if motorised go to Worldwide map search, routing and travel directions from Multimap (http://www.multimap.com) and get your lat/long settings

download a good image (satellite), if motorised select complex diseqc configuration if not select none, put in long/lat setings if motorised, select what satellites to scan or load channel settings using dreamset or similar, connect to internet and ftp over keys to var/keys, using addon server on image download cam and config.........then watch tv;)

paulinhosantos
15th June, 2008, 12:49 AM
please read some of the stuff we have here... there are good stuff here and you will be able to sort it out!

dafman
15th June, 2008, 08:48 AM
Sorry for the delay in reply Dish is fixed S*y

Devilfish
15th June, 2008, 09:34 AM
If it's a fixed minidish (Sky) then it's fixed on 28.2e. You can only view sky channels with a valid subscription, it's not hacked like cable is. Using evocamd and mgcamd won't allow you to view sky channels like they do on cable. The only way you can view sky channels is by paying a subscription and getting a sky card and sky box.

You can use the sky card in a 500S but in my opinion, the Sky+ box is far superior to the 500S.

dafman
15th June, 2008, 09:49 PM
Cheers devilfish for the reply Igot sky+ multiroom but I thought the DM500 would be easy to take to campsite at weekends because There is a satalite dish connected to the cabin. So far I got PLi image (Preinstalled) and mgcamd 1.3 but i still cant read my s*y card any ideas?

4@@@@
18th June, 2008, 12:03 PM
HAve a look at the cardserver and activate the newcs (it's just below blubutton and cam setting).

trucker 30
10th June, 2010, 04:41 AM
Cheers devilfish for the reply Igot sky+ multiroom but I thought the DM500 would be easy to take to campsite at weekends because There is a satalite dish connected to the cabin. So far I got PLi image (Preinstalled) and mgcamd 1.3 but i still cant read my s*y card any ideas?

trucker 30
10th June, 2010, 04:42 AM
hi, i I buy a dreambox 500s and i need helps for setup. i i no idea of how its work,