PDA

View Full Version : Ford Transit Connect 2007 Key Programme Failure

Music73
2nd July, 2014, 11:22 PM
Hi

Ok so here is the scenerio.

gets a call from a friend asking if i can program an extra key into his dads van..

Van turns up, attempt to program but wont accept key. so checks key and original key is 4d 63 but new one is a 4d 60 so sends them away to get a correct transponder, few days later comes back with correct transponder (checked in zedbull) but still wont accept key. So i decide to erase keys and recode but now wont accept any keys existing or new. i am using a gen. ids with 90.5 update have reflashed the pcm and also the ic but it still wont accept keys. Had a similar experience with a smax the other month but then all of a sudden it accepted the keys. dont think i am doing it wrong but maybe i am turning ign off and back on straight away.

hopefully someone can shed some light on this as at the mo i have a dead connect parked in my workshop.

cheaper
3rd July, 2014, 09:00 AM
Did you check the TP reader coil ? What DTC you read with IDS?
If it is all OK then you can try to put TP to PCM manually and check.

Music73
3rd July, 2014, 11:39 PM
hi
i cant remember what codes were but pcm said ID mismatch and other faults were not enough keys programmed. i shall read it again tomorrow when back at work and post codes and description. I dont think coil will be faulty as was reading original key prior to erasing. Can i just inject tp codes in. if so do i remove the immo box or immo and pcm or just pcm. if so where is immo box located.

many thanks.

Music73
4th July, 2014, 09:12 AM
Hi.

Here is a Screen Shot from the IDS.

Thanks

Nik

robert81
4th July, 2014, 11:37 AM
you need 2 keys to finish the procedure once pats has been erased. not sure how coding procedure via ids looks like so cant say if you are doing something wrong

bram380
4th July, 2014, 01:27 PM
Keys must be 4D63 manufacture code 01.
Key 4D63 mfg.code 16 won't work.

Music73
4th July, 2014, 06:39 PM
Keys are both 4d63 but not sure about mfg. but even original key won't reprogram after erase procedure normally you insert on key immo light lights solid for couple of sec then second key in solid light then complete but as soon as ign. Turn on immo flash

Music73
5th July, 2014, 01:59 AM
Ok.

So Got to the bottom of this..

Basiclly Ford have Changed the way that you program the keys.. Now you have to turn off the ign. then on then click button in ids software then it programs the key. I was turning key on and expect pats light to hold steady so i thought it wasnt working. I only i was reading the screen correctly i would have saved a load of time and effort... never mind least i'll know for next time.

Thanks everyone