PDA

View Full Version : Post pc/server specs

cunny
23rd June, 2009, 08:47 PM
Just thought could start new thread along these lines.

Mother board Asus P5QL-e
Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
4Gb DDR 2 1066
Geforce 280 1Gb DDR 3
2x500gb 32mb cache hdds in a raid 0 (stripe)
1x320gb backup drive

chroma
24th June, 2009, 11:26 PM
Amstrad HD-20 :)
XT form factor.
5 1/2" Floppy drive
20mb HDD
AMD 8080 processor running at 25Hz
768kb of Ram
128k video card running a staggering CGA @ 320x240
9.8kbps Modem (i think the slowest supported by any dialup service now is 33.6k)

It runs Crysis on full at over 9000fps ;)

Ive got a 80286 SX (not the badass uberfast DX model) thats got a whopping 2mb of EDO fast page ram. and 1mb cirrus logic VGA card.

Then an intel N440BX was my first server board, 2 Pentium2's baby. This thing was a truck, it didnt go anywhere very fast but it could haul haul serious tonnage getting there. its still running as a fileserver on my network, needed a little tweaking to get it to handle larger disks but it got there.

An asus a7n8x running a 2.4gig Athalon with 2gb of ddr (333mhz) with a gforce 6200 (currently in use as a media player/fileserver) it had the Alimajick1 north bridge that was a complete nightmare to work around (seriously buggy)

Various laptops, a Tosiba monochrome running a intel 80386 processor (i modded that with a Cyrix 387 math coprocessor to improve its floating point handling) an ibm pentium 2 lappy thats the sise of a small car. a Compaq p3 laptop i happened to "aquire" off the back of a lorry ;) a few P4's from various manufacturers and im writing this right now on a centrino dual core intel lappy that i use pretty much constantly to control all the others.

Ive also got a couple of dozen ex office units and monitors parked up in my shed from when i resold the things to college/ uni students looking to surf the web and write up dissertations (usualy around 100 quid a pop for a full setup)

Man ive got lots of stuff, my loft looks like something out of Serial Experiments Lain, all of it was kept in a storage locker for a few years and its some of the only stuff ive managed to hold on to from my youth.