PDA

View Full Version : shitroen c3 non start

sjc1
7th July, 2014, 07:37 PM
i looked at a 2003 c3 1.4 8v kfu sagem s2000
the original fault was it started but wouldnt rev above 2000/3000 rpm owner changed throttle body still the same they used solus to scan car and got p2101throtle controll incoherence and p0485 cooling operation in ecu interupted

i arrive and scan it using delphi ds150 and get no comms with engine ecu so try autoboss v30 no comms with engine ecu
car wont start just cranks cooling fan cuts in when ignition turns on it started a few times not sure if its due to me disconnetiong battery or not
by me trying to scan engine ecu has it fried the ecu iv used it on hundreds of other cars and its been fine.......
they are saying it was starting fine before i tried to scan it any ideas or input would be great.

Meat-Head
7th July, 2014, 07:57 PM
Sounds to me a DFM (dumb **** mechanic) has been swapping fuses around.

doubt your scanner killed it, does the engine light come on?

chance you will here'd to reset throttle adaptations , might be orginal fault .

fuses first fill empty spaces swap under hood fuse box, hold chicken in the air

sjc1
7th July, 2014, 08:46 PM
Engine light comes on and it did start a few times which is strange I havnt checked any fuses etc as as soon as they pointed the blame I didn't want to investigate any more.
They did say the codes above would not clear down. It seems the sagem s2000 has a high failure rate. I can't see how connection a scanner can damage it. Yea my first thought to the original fault was to reset adaptives for the throttle body.

rideon
7th July, 2014, 08:53 PM
Somebody worked A lot after DFM........
ON topic
Use a voltmeter on can bus......

Meat-Head
7th July, 2014, 08:57 PM
Use a voltmeter on can bus......

HELL NO, once VIP status is reached your entitled to use a

ADVERTISEMENT:-

Mac ET-120 led test light.

your also entitled to use them on LIVE AIRBAGS. (Only once every few years)

rideon
7th July, 2014, 09:02 PM
Mac ET-120 led test light.

Spamming other people's thread......
And yes,i can tell 3 from 5 volts on my (led)test lamp :top:
NOT a VIP member though....:blue: